Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been wide speculation that Goldberg never lost a match cleanly. But, this did indeed happen. He lost to Nash in a triple threat match, that also involved Scott Steiner at New Blood Rising PPV. This was the match when Goldberg "refused to follow the script." Midajah interfered by attacking Nash but since he was the eventual winner then I don't see how this was not a clean victory.

I would also include all of his loses in a no DQ matches as clean victories as well, since his opponents were not breaking any rules to obtain their victories but I can understand how someone else would disagree.

·
Premium Member
15,037 Posts
Goldberg only lost 6 matches in WCW and none where cleanly?

Yet, people hate Cena because WWE is doing the right thing in building up their top guy to always overcome the odds.

At least Cena does care about the business. Goldberg expected everything to be handed to him.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
Goldberg had only lost 6 matches during his WCW tenure and they were all because of interference.

- Vic
Wow, that is ridiculous. It's just silly that he was handed everything without any experience or long term hard work within wrestling. It really surprises me that more wrestlers weren't bitter about this.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I didn't watch WCW, but it was most likely because Goldberg was just over with the fans. I also don't think he lasted that long (as Cena has been for what 5 years dominating). Sooner or later fans were gong to start hating the same old crap if it was kept that way.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
lol does that even count as a loss ? i'm not hating on Berg or anything but you really shouldn't even think about counting that as a loss , he literally pulled his head out of nash's crotch , looked at him , then walked away peacefully … he wasn't even involved in the fucking finish !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
According to his book, Goldberg said he did lose to Chris Fortune before he was branded as the unstoppable force. This match wasn't televised but it would almost certainly have been a clean loss as I believe this took place at a house show.

·
Banned
608 Posts
Goldberg never had a clean win or a clean loss. All his matches had predetermined outcomes. All the opponents he beat were taking dives. and the same with him when he lost.

·
Registered
12,904 Posts
Goldberg never had a clean win or a clean loss. All his matches had predetermined outcomes. All the opponents he beat were taking dives. and the same with him when he lost.

/Mindblown!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
NoJobBerg was extremely over squashing people in his WcW run.I remember Jonathan Coachman saying on ESPN radio that WcW never expected the streak to ever get THAT over, and that they bent over backwards each time Goldberg demanded more money and stips in his contract.

·
Registered
844 Posts
That clusterfuck can't possibly be taken as him losing cleanly. He was never actually beaten cleanly in WCW on tv. That sounds crazy but (A.) It was his gimmick and (B.) his run was very short. He was only there a few years and even less than that when you factor in time missed with injuries etc.

Not sure how Jonathan Coachman would know anything about Goldberg's contract negotiations since he was never in WCW. He's probably just guessing.

I think everybody knows WCW was surprised how over Goldberg got with the streak. A lot of guys have had long winning streaks in wrestling and not gotten over like Goldberg. It's hard to say what made him different but he was.

I think people that didn't live through it think he just got pushed really hard and that's all it was. That's not what happened. He got pushed a little like any new star would be and he got massively over. That's why he kept getting pushed and was so dominate. People were digging it. They didn't want to see the guy job.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
I think people that didn't live through it think he just got pushed really hard and that's all it was. That's not what happened. He got pushed a little like any new star would be and he got massively over. That's why he kept getting pushed and was so dominate. People were digging it. They didn't want to see the guy job.
I agree. On paper he just looks like a worse version of Cena but he wasn't.
He was WCW's Stone Cold.
It's hard to fully grasp how over he was if you didn't live through it. Living through it, never once did I say to myself "Man, this guy is being over pushed and needs to step out of the spotlight."
He was just that special for some reason. Can't say the same for Cena. He never felt that way organically.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
4:28 as clean as they get:D

·
Registered
619 Posts
Its always same thing with successful wrestlers. Oh he cant wrestle, he can just do 2 moves, he got everything handed over him and stuff.
If you wana watch a real wrestling go watch a Olympic match. But no1 watches that bec it involves 2 ppl headlocking each other for 20mins.
Goldberg had the look, he had the presence and it factor.He also made wrestling looked real bec how intense he was in ring.
He was porbably strongest wrestler ever to step in the ring at that time. he could press salm guys like bam bam bigelo and jack hammer the bigshow. Heck even today only brock matches him in strength. Also people wanted him to see him spear the other guy. Thats why his matches was short.
No1 in IWC would agree but he along with hogan, andre, rock and autin is GOAT.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts