Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://comicbook.com/wwe/2017/03/29/goldberg-admits-being-miserable-during-current-wwe-run/

"I'll be honest, I'm miserable. I'm absolutely miserable. But my family's having fun, man. And so, every single thing, every training session, every ART massage that makes me cry, every muay thai session, it's all worth it, man. It's just worth it. And, hey, at the end of the day, if I want to smile, I'll buy a car. That's how I'm happy. I did, I bought one on the way back from [Survivor Series in] Toronto because I worked my ass off."

"Nobody get me wrong when I say I've been miserable throughout this, but I am. I'm miserable. I'm bloated 24 hours a day. I'm stressed 24 hours a day. I don't sleep, but it's a small price to pay."

Goldberg went on to discuss how important it was to him to give fans the Goldberg they remembered from his hey day.

"For me to be 237 [pounds] and have great cardio and then get the phone call that six weeks later, I've got to do what I've got to do. Do you think I continued to do cardio every day?" Goldberg continued, "I had to shut cardio completely down and just eat, and eat, and lift, and eat. And so it's a sacrifice. Do I give people the visual whatever as close as possible of Goldberg or do I give them a new version in which I look like a cruiserweight and it's just different, man."

"Why do you think I wore a coat every time at first when I got back? The answer is I still had to train, man. I was still training." Goldberg added, "I believe it was much more important for me to be aesthetically what I was like in the past as opposed to a dude who could run around for 20 minutes. That ain't me."

I can respect a man who is doing something like that for his family but cant help to think its going to lead to yet another effortless WM match between him and Bork

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Think some are going to read too much into this -- or not read at all -- but it just sounds as if he's "miserable" in the sense of having to switch up his lifestyle (chiefly his training regime) after 12 years. That'll no doubt take some getting used to for anyone. He's not referring to the business or fans and has went through hell to get in shape. He's clearly taken it more seriously than half of the full time roster but some are definitely going to blow it out of proportion since he's currently in the IWC doghouse.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
To jump straight into that kinda training schedule would be rough for most guys half his age. At 50 I bet his body is screaming at him all the time to stop, so I don't doubt that he is miserable.

Good for him for sticking with it and putting in the effort to look like the guy he feels his fans want to see. I give a credit. It would have been easy enough to have just made a short run, collected a big paycheck and called a day without putting in that effort.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Goldberg in the wrestling business - jackass.
Goldberg outside the wrestling business - one of the nicest guys you could ever come across.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Believe me Bill, you're not the only one that's miserable, as it pertains to your current WWE run.

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
The headline is misleading. Though that was already pointed out in the other thread about this same Goldberg interview.

·
Rest in Peace
569 Posts
Wow...if he's so miserable why is he still here? Is what he came back to do (annihilate Brock Lesnar) worth feeling like that? I mean, realistically he has hardly had to do anything...it's not like he's having grueling 20 minute slugfests is it?...in fact he hasn't been in the ring for 20 minutes all up since he came back...sorry but he just sounds ungrateful

:hbkshrug

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.