Wrestling Forum banner

Who wins the Presidential Election 2020?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 60 58.3%

Going to Have a Tag Team Match: The Official Joe Biden/Kamala Harris vs. Donald Trump/Mike Pence U.S. Presidential Race Thread

64K views 2K replies 167 participants last post by  FriedTofu 
#1 ·

Two months and several debates (?) away...

#1,334 ·
@CamillePunk

BLM and Antifa demonstrated and, yes, rioted in what were, for most (certainly not all), their own communities. Many didn't have the money or means to travel across the country and why would they go to DC? They weren't protesting the federal government so much as local police departments. BLM in particular mobilized out of pain and desperation, seeing the racial divide in how police interactions tend to go down based on skin colour. Antifa, who have a different primary focus, joined them. Allies of convenience in many ways. Would I have liked them both to target police headquarters and political buildings, not smash store windows? Yes. Would I have preferred non-violent protest? For the most part, but I'd be a hypocrite if I claimed results are never worth violent confrontation.

The MAGA crew were egged on by a defeated president in the last weeks of his term of office. He rallied them to take back what he calls a stolen election. This is not an equivalent situation to the summer's street demonstrations. This is somewhere between lunacy and a coup.

#1,337 ·
@CamillePunk

BLM and Antifa demonstrated and, yes, rioted in what were, for most (certainly not all), their own communities. Many didn't have the money or means to travel across the country and why would they go to DC? They weren't protesting the federal government so much as local police departments. BLM in particular mobilized out of pain and desperation, seeing the racial divide in how police interactions tend to go down based on skin colour. Antifa, who have a different primary focus, joined them. Allies of convenience in many ways. Would I have liked them both to target police headquarters and political buildings, not smash store windows? Yes. Would I have preferred non-violent protest? For the most part, but I'd be a hypocrite if I claimed results are never worth violent confrontation.
Completely false. They had uhauls from out of state loaded with riot gear. They had international financing and politicians and celebrities supporting their cause and even bailing them out of jail. They went into white neighborhoods and declared they were going to destroy the suburbs. You aren't informed. Stop discussing the topic. You don't need to have an opinion on everything.

#1,427 ·
So... As much as I do lean Republican I have never been fully behind Trump because I see how crazy he is. The Republican Party isn't what it was and unfortunately other than a George Bush or Mitt Romney speaking out against Trump most went along with Trumps actions.

The thing is if Trump stayed as a Democrat, the Democrats would have followed in line with him too. That is what they all do. They stay loyal to their own to the end until the term is up. It's all about using people to get ahead to all of them.

We have a lot of crazy people in this country that always take protests way too far than intended. It has happened from protests on both sides. That is why I wish that everyone would stop doing protests. Stop encouraging confrontations. It all never ends peacefully.

This obsession over politics has caused people to lose their sense of mental stability. It's unfortunate.

#1,428 ·
The thing is if Trump stayed as a Democrat, the Democrats would have followed in line with him too. That is what they all do. They stay loyal to their own to the end until the term is up. It's all about using people to get ahead to all of them.
lol no they wouldn't. Get the fuck out of here. If Trump won as a D and did half the shit he's done the past 4 years, he would've been dumped to the streets. Lest we forget Al Franken was pressured to resign because of some inappropriate photos he took. The fact that Dems and more specifically, progressives, are more critical of their leaders is part of the reason why they struggle to maintain any victories they do get(that, and political cowardice).

This isn't in any way a "both sides" situation.

#1,429 ·

The thing that is truly sad about yesterday is how we have become conditioned to believe that citizens occupying government buildings and making politicians uncomfortable is always illegitimate, and that these same citizens deserve the worst. These politicians care about nobody but themselves. All year during a pandemic they denied working Americans relief, redistributed wealth to the richest, and imposed more and more draconian measures curtailing freedom. My only regret about yesterday is that the Capitol was stormed under the banner of Trump rather than a unified populist movement. That politicians were not dragged out of the Capitol and humiliated. That the same did not happen to Capitol police who opened fire on their countrymen. That the same is not happening to journalists and big tech CEOs who are supporting those in power and tearing down the protesters, just a few short months after taking the opposite approach toward protesters with far less justification who targeted people that were totally innocent. This country truly sickens me. We need another revolution, and a separation. There is no longer any ideological core which binds the people of this nation to one another. We are merely being controlled by our government and the media, coralled for the sake of providing productivity and corporate profits to those who own our government. What a complete sham of a country.

#1,445 ·

Chicago police union president here

Catanzara said that he stands by Trump’s disputed claims of a “stolen” election, which initially served as the basis for Wednesday’s protests.

“I don’t have any doubt that something shady happened in this election,” Catanzara said. “You’re not going to convince me that that many people voted for Joe Biden. Never for the rest of my life will you ever convince me of that. But, again, it still comes down to proof.
WTF saying nothing can convince him about an issue and still be a rep for the police.

While Catanzara said he “wouldn’t have partaken in” the mob on the Capitol himself, the Trump supporters were “individuals” who “get to do what they want.”

“If the worst crime here is trespassing, so be it,” he told WBEZ. “But to call these people treasonous is beyond ridiculous and ignorant.”
How do you even fix this shit? lol I am anti-defund the police but this is making their case man.

#21 ·
Reactions: stew mack
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.