Wrestling Forum banner

Who wins the Presidential Election 2020?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 43 42.6%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 58 57.4%
1521 - 1540 of 1593 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
He will still be remembered as a great leader by his supporters. The confederacy is still revered to this day.
He'll always have supporters and sympathisers but I think the majority will slowly turn on him eventually, too. The QAnon in particular are a fickle cult who as of now believe he'll still be president and that smoking gun is about to arrive. Very shortly they'll realise it's not and they've been duped. A person admitting they've been scammed is painful and takes time... But eventually. It's what happens when you jump into bed with supremacists, evangelists, conspiracy theorists, far right etc only to become of no usefulness to them. America hates losers.

Between that, the big tech companies pulling back, the Trump and Maga brands becoming toxic to fortune 500 companies, legal issues, financial complexities.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
He'll always have supporters and sympathisers but I think the majority will slowly turn on him eventually, too. The QAnon in particular are a fickle cult who as of now believe he'll still be president and that smoking gun is about to arrive. Very shortly they'll realise it's not and they've been duped. A person admitting they've been scammed is painful and takes time... But eventually. It's what happens when you jump into bed with supremacists, evangelists, conspiracy theorists, far right etc only to become of no usefulness to them. America hates losers.

Between that, the big tech companies pulling back, the Trump and Maga brands becoming toxic to fortune 500 companies, legal issues, financial complexities.
I hope you are right but I am skeptical of it. The past 5 to 6 years have made me realize it is hard to change the minds of people who based their identity around a cult of personality.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
13,189 Posts
Impeached Again. How can one man enjoy winning so much?

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH :ROFLMAO: 😂

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
5,044 Posts
He will still be remembered as a great leader by his supporters. The confederacy is still revered to this day.
That's right. Trump cultists with absolutely no knowledge or understanding of history will continue to rate him highly. Obviously much has happened since this poll was conducted, but look at the numbers:

In February 2020, of the Americans surveyed, 30% ranked Trump as the greatest president ever, with 23% selecting Obama. This means that (at least) 53% of Americans are utter imbeciles, since obviously neither of those men is the greatest president of all time. The recency bias cuts across party lines.

On the upside, it's worth noting that Trump's approval rating has plummeted of late.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
The pandemic totally sunk him. Before that, it was a pretty common consensus that he was going to get reelected. Biden didn't seem like a very strong candidate and didn't really have much to rally people around.

He honestly could not have botched the situation any worse. He literally chose the worst possible path in EVERY single decision he made. Telling people that "like a miracle, it'll magically go away". Are you fucking serious? That's the response from a 70+ year old man who is supposed to be the leader of the free world? How fucking dumb and clueless can one be? And then constantly contradicting Faucci who has infinitely more knowledge than he could ever pretend to have.

Biden was finally able to have something huge to get people behind him. He acted like an actual grown up and a real leader. It became a simple question to Americans. Do you want to vote for the grown up and hopefully we can end this thing sooner by uniting, being cautious, and following a plan? Or do you want to vote for this grown baby jackass who thinks it will magically go away and ignores information from people who actually know what they're talking about?

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
5,044 Posts
The pandemic totally sunk him. Before that, it was a pretty common consensus that he was going to get reelected. Biden didn't seem like a very strong candidate and didn't really have much to rally people around.

He honestly could not have botched the situation any worse. He literally chose the worst possible path in EVERY single decision he made. Telling people that "like a miracle, it'll magically go away".
Correct. As of January 2020, Trump was a soft favorite to be re-elected. He would have won the election if he had made one simple statement:

"This disease is real, and it's dangerous, and I'm going to do everything in my power to protect our people and this country. God bless America."

That statement equals a landslide Trump win, all his other misdeeds be damned. With that, he's a hero either way: if the US pulls the nose up, he's a hero, and if things go as badly as they have, he's doing his best in a situation where no one could have done better.

Fundamentally, he's such a terrible, awful human being that he just couldn't do it. He couldn't do it.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Correct. As of January 2020, Trump was a soft favorite to be re-elected. He would have won the election if he had made one simple statement:

"This disease is real, and it's dangerous, and I'm going to do everything in my power to protect our people and this country. God bless America."

That statement equals a landslide Trump win, all his other misdeeds be damned. With that, he's a hero either way: if the US pulls the nose up, he's a hero, and if things go as badly as they have, he's doing his best in a situation where no one could have done better.

Fundamentally, he's such a terrible, awful human being that he just couldn't do it. He couldn't do it.
A brash overhyped nationalist with narcissism, megalomania and sociopathic tendencies trying to juggle with politics is never going to end well. Especially when their tenure coexists with a complex global pandemic. As strange as it sounds he'd have faired better with another Vietnam or War on Terror or Financial Crisis. But he's one of those guys who ignores health issues or never admits to them. So unless it was something akin to a modern bubonic plague, he was destined to ignore it.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
And that's the thing. Trump could've been remembered as a great president. He could've been remembered for a strong economy, a North Korea that wasn't acting out for aid, ISIS disappearing into the night, defeating entrenched politicians like Clinton, and an energized base that produced record breaking turnouts.
The NK thing was a nothing burger. They didn't stop Nuclear testing or really doing any of their horrific antics.

·
FOTC
10,868 Posts

Bill Maher on Trump possibly running again in 2024:

"But Donald Trump is going to run again. He's not going away. And he's a brand now. I see these other politicians who talk like him now. ... It's a brand! We let the alien on the spaceship and it had eggs! It had eggs and they're breeding!"
Maher is right. This is why you're seeing impeachment talks and the tech censorship of Trump. They don't want him to run again in 2024.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
It’s been a crazy four years. And tomorrow the Trump presidency is done. Biden swears on the Bible and it starts all over again.

I know that I took a lot of flak for my stance. I’ve lost some friends as a result, on here, elsewhere online and in real life. But I’m not sorry for taking the position I did. I will probably disagree with Biden a lot. But I am good knowing we have an adult running things again.

I haven’t changed as far as what I stand for. I’m still free market, limited government, personal responsibility, and a pro-life conservative. But I will try not to go down the rabbit hole that many have. I still believe we can overcome this as Americans.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
It’s been a crazy four years. And tomorrow the Trump presidency is done. Biden swears on the Bible and it starts all over again.

I know that I took a lot of flak for my stance. I’ve lost some friends as a result, on here, elsewhere online and in real life. But I’m not sorry for taking the position I did. I will probably disagree with Biden a lot. But I am good knowing we have an adult running things again.

I haven’t changed as far as what I stand for. I’m still free market, limited government, personal responsibility, and a pro-life conservative. But I will try not to go down the rabbit hole that many have. I still believe we can overcome this as Americans.
Do they have to swear on a bible? I mean I know it's a moot point since no candidate has a chance in hell if they say they don't believe in god, but just wondering.

1521 - 1540 of 1593 Posts