Wrestling Forum banner

Who wins the Presidential Election 2020?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 43 42.6%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 58 57.4%
1501 - 1520 of 1559 Posts

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
4,737 Posts
Firstly burning down a police station is an insurrection too.

Secondly, there aren’t any actual cases of BLM disturbing politics. So we have to use the closest comparison which is them violently destroying a government (POLICE) building where they were not killed by police
But...yet again...WHY ARE YOU MAKING THE COMPARISON?

·
4,737 Posts
BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE COMPARED IF BLACK PEOPLE DID IT SO I COMPARED IT TO THE LAST INCIDENT OF A BLACK INSURRECTION
I don't know any other way to put this, so...it's just a really, really, really dumb comparison. Setting a police station on fire =/= storming the nation's capitol. They're not remotely the same thing. Furthermore, the assertion that the capitol insurrection would have played out very differently if black & brown people were storming the building...yeah, that's correct.

·
Aggressively White
6,269 Posts
I don't know any other way to put this, so...it's just a really, really, really dumb comparison. Setting a police station on fire =/= storming the nation's capitol. They're not remotely the same thing. Furthermore, the assertion that the capitol insurrection would have played out very differently if black & brown people were storming the building...yeah, that's correct.
No it isn’t. BLM directly threatened police by literally burning the station down. If the police were so hell bent on murdering every black person they see, they’d have killed them. muppet

·
4,737 Posts
No it isn’t. BLM directly threatened police by literally burning the station down. If the police were so hell bent on murdering every black person they see, they’d have killed them. muppet
Resorting to sad insults now? A dead giveaway of a weak mind and a brittle spirit. It was much too easy to get you to that point, ace.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Yeah I understand all of that. However misguided people's beliefs and behavior may be it's pretty harsh and petty to make fun of this woman clearly in pain all across twitter etc. It's part of the reason why people like her (and also to a much more extreme degree) exist - people on 'the other side' write them off so quick they rebel in turn.

Let's face it, everyone can justify having a good laugh because she's got white privilege and probably haven't had harsh police treatment that some POC have, but If people want to get up and say enough is enough to excessive police force, then it can't be selective based on the person - it's either wrong or right for everybody.
I don't think it's an issue of white privilege as much as it is potentially about someone who has never committed a crime before not liking the consequences when she did choose to commit a crime. It's simply people reacting to a funny situation not so much a personal attack on her and I could be wrong because I didn't see her little interview on Twitter I saw it on TV(and she doesn't come off well let's make that clear) it's really no different than when your buddies laugh at you when you get hit in the groin. If you do or say something dumb and in an immensely public way you should probably expect Twitter to have a laugh at your expense and if you can't handle it get the hell off of Twitter.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Good point, but mine was more about certain circles cheering and pointing fun at a woman in pain. Apparently is was deemed okay because.........
I won’t cheer for what happened, but I refuse to feel sorry for her in any way. She made her choice to put herself in the position she was in to get maced. She should consider herself lucky she wasn’t fed lead.

·
4,737 Posts
Quick question for the pro-Trump lunatics: in the pre-election debate, why did Trump say that he did not know who the Proud Boys were, then later tell them to stand back and stand by? Please explain this lie and then subsequent instructions to a white supremacist group. I can’t wait for this one.

4,571 Posts
The groups in question were encouraged by Politicians themselves and activists. We've had a year of Politicians and activists calling for more people to do things and encouraging the riots. If people cannot see that, well that's part of the the greater problem.
What did they ask them to do and who did they ask them to do it for?

No one should be destroying property or committing assault. I understand why both happen, and I also realise people do things out of anger when they don't feel heard. The issue I have, right now, is that President Trump, who is publicly disputing the results of an election, has incited this sort of behaviour.

Miss Sally said:
Let's also not pretend that people didn't die during these riots, that the worst thing was a few things stolen. People lost their living, their homes and lives to people who were supposed to be on "the right side of history".
People died due to the Capitol protest too. That's what happens when these situations turn confrontational.

Miss Sally said:
This all comes off as embellishment with a side order of butthurt because Whitifa and BLM couldn't do what a few dorks in MAGA hats did when they protested at the Capitol. Sounds like it would have been much more better for the cause to do something like this over tearing down random statues elsewhere
No, it wouldn't be better. The people who entered the Capitol did so because they contest election results and wanted to disrupt the process.

Miss Sally said:
and killing black people in makeshift "Police Free Camps".
What?

Miss Sally said:
Besides, how many MAGA people did anything out of the entire group that was there? A fraction wasn't it? sounds mostly peaceful to me!
The majority of participants at BLM marches were peaceful too. It isn't the peaceful one who are ever the problem. Ones who enter a government building while equipped with, for example, zip ties - Which they brought to do what with, kidnap elected officials? - are a problem.

Miss Sally said:
I'm still unsure how this was a "coup" when there was no real armed insurrection.
The "coup" description comes from (1) these people were protesting election results and (2) they were encouraged by a president who refuses to accept election results.

Miss Sally said:
The irony is nobody is going to remember the BLM movement or anything like that soon. Now the media can safely go back to Police bootlicking and people labeling everyone terrorists.
Oh, I think that will be remembered. So will what happened at the Capitol, as will anything else that may occur.

Miss Sally said:
The silver lining is the GOP is dead, now the Democrats need to die and split. One can hope!
The GOP seem pretty lively still. Some were even out protesting. I'm not sure what you expect will replace them, or the Democrats, that would be so much better but I guess, yeah, one can hope.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Impeached Again. How can one man enjoy winning so much?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hahahha. History will not be kind to this buffoon.
And that's the thing. Trump could've been remembered as a great president. He could've been remembered for a strong economy, a North Korea that wasn't acting out for aid, ISIS disappearing into the night, defeating entrenched politicians like Clinton, and an energized base that produced record breaking turnouts.

BUT. He had to fuck it up. He had to do shady bull crap like Ukraine and calls to Georgia to "find votes." He had to hold a rally on Jan 6, and then sic the crowd to the capitol. He had to downplay the pandemic, setting the tone for idiots all over the country to not take it seriously, causing hundreds of thousands of deaths. He had to be divisive every single day of his presidency, and acting like an all around twat.

Now he's reaping what he sowed. Businesses are cutting him off from his organization. Banks are now publicly saying that they're severing ties. He's been censored all over the internet. And he's been impeached twice, which is unprecedented. So not only is his money life line dead in the water, but he'll probably never salvage his Trump brand ever again.

And I would be lying if I didn't say that doesn't put a big smile on my face.

TL;DR: fuck that guy. He destroyed his own legacy.

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
And that's the thing. Trump could've been remembered as a great president. He could've been remembered for a strong economy, a North Korea that wasn't acting out for aid, ISIS disappearing into the night, defeating entrenched politicians like Clinton, and an energized base that produced record breaking turnouts.

BUT. He had to fuck it up. He had to do shady bull crap like Ukraine and calls to Georgia to "find votes." He had to hold a rally on Jan 6, and then sic the crowd to the capitol. He had to downplay the pandemic, setting the tone for idiots all over the country to not take it seriously, causing hundreds of thousands of deaths. He had to be divisive every single day of his presidency, and acting like an all around twat.

Now he's reaping what he sowed. Businesses are cutting him off from his organization. Banks are now publicly saying that they're severing ties. He's been censored all over the internet. And he's been impeached twice, which is unprecedented. So not only is his money life line dead in the water, but he'll probably never salvage his Trump brand ever again.

And I would be lying if I didn't say that doesn't put a big smile on my face.

TL;DR: fuck that guy. He destroyed his own legacy.
He will still be remembered as a great leader by his supporters. The confederacy is still revered to this day.

1501 - 1520 of 1559 Posts