Wrestling Forum banner

Who wins the Presidential Election 2020?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 43 42.6%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 58 57.4%
1481 - 1500 of 1559 Posts

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Have you seen the whole video? She claims to have been maced and what not, but in actuality SHE'S RUBBING HER FACE WITH A ONION. She didn't get maced. And before anyone says, "well rubbing an onion on the face helps with being maced" thing, there's no proof that it does. And while I do agree with you about not kicking people while they're down, it's hard to feel sorry for these dumbasses. They stormed the Capitol and they're surprised that the authorities would take action(although late as hell). Fuck all of them.
Lol onion. I must've missed that.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Really left a bad taste in my mouth this woman continually getting virally lampooned splashed all over the place. Sure think she's an idiot for bootlicking Trump and doing what she did, but no need to kick someone who's already down, just been maced and in pain etc, and just laugh and make fun and again bring out the old Karen references. If she hasn't hurt anyone she doesn't deserve to get pointed and laughed when she's in pain.
People are making fun of her because the reporter that was talking to her asked her what happened and why she got maced and despite her saying that she was trying to force her way into the building she was unsure of WHY she was maced. She was playing the victim but was sprayed while attempting to unlawfully enter the Capitol.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
People are making fun of her because the reporter that was talking to her asked her what happened and why she got maced and despite her saying that she was trying to force her way into the building she was unsure of WHY she was maced. She was playing the victim but was sprayed while attempting to unlawfully enter the Capitol.
Yeah I understand all of that. However misguided people's beliefs and behavior may be it's pretty harsh and petty to make fun of this woman clearly in pain all across twitter etc. It's part of the reason why people like her (and also to a much more extreme degree) exist - people on 'the other side' write them off so quick they rebel in turn.

Let's face it, everyone can justify having a good laugh because she's got white privilege and probably haven't had harsh police treatment that some POC have, but If people want to get up and say enough is enough to excessive police force, then it can't be selective based on the person - it's either wrong or right for everybody.

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Yeah I understand all of that. However misguided people's beliefs and behavior may be it's pretty harsh and petty to make fun of this woman clearly in pain all across twitter etc. It's part of the reason why people like her (and also to a much more extreme degree) exist - people on 'the other side' write them off so quick they rebel in turn.

Let's face it, everyone can justify having a good laugh because she's got white privilege and probably haven't had harsh police treatment that some POC have, but If people want to get up and say enough is enough to excessive police force, then it can't be selective based on the person - it's either wrong or right for everybody.
What if I believe this isn't excessive police force and don't mind them getting maced regardless of which side is breaking the protest lines? Breach the capitol, she better be prepared to face force. Peaceful protest all you want, but I side on the police to restore order once things get violent. Well...maybe not American cops cause they seem kinda shit. I guess I'm privileged that way in cops in my country are not Qanon radicals.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Meanwhile, Trump’s brand continues to take hits in the no-no square.

Trump thought the presidency would help his brand after he left the Oval Office. He felt that companies would line up for the opportunity to be in bed with him and do business with a former president. But apparently he is finding that when you push your minions to attempt a coup of the government it can be toxic for your brand and no one wants to be associated with you.

Also, companies like Marriott and Blue Cross Blue Shield are ceasing donations to politicians that contested the electoral vote.

Coups have consequences.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,349 Posts
Why are people hung up on comparing damage done by different groups when the actual issue here is that those who stormed the Capitol were encouraged by the recently defeated, tantrum throwing president?

Nobody cares if rioters stealing iphones and setting fires is better or worse than rioters stealing a podium and planting pipe bombs. Drop the straw man arguments - the problems are Trump's role and how he's viewed by his most ardent followers.
The groups in question were encouraged by Politicians themselves and activists. We've had a year of Politicians and activists calling for more people to do things and encouraging the riots. If people cannot see that, well that's part of the the greater problem. Let's also not pretend that people didn't die during these riots, that the worst thing was a few things stolen. People lost their living, their homes and lives to people who were supposed to be on "the right side of history".

This all comes off as embellishment with a side order of butthurt because Whitifa and BLM couldn't do what a few dorks in MAGA hats did when they protested at the Capitol. Sounds like it would have been much more better for the cause to do something like this over tearing down random statues elsewhere and killing black people in makeshift "Police Free Camps".

Besides, how many MAGA people did anything out of the entire group that was there? A fraction wasn't it? sounds mostly peaceful to me! I'm still unsure how this was a "coup" when there was no real armed insurrection.

The irony is nobody is going to remember the BLM movement or anything like that soon. Now the media can safely go back to Police bootlicking and people labeling everyone terrorists.

The silver lining is the GOP is dead, now the Democrats need to die and split. One can hope!

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
4,737 Posts
Besides, how many MAGA people did anything out of the entire group that was there? A fraction wasn't it? sounds mostly peaceful to me! I'm still unsure how this was a "coup" when there was no real armed insurrection.
But they were armed. You need to do a better job of informing yourself.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
What if I believe this isn't excessive police force and don't mind them getting maced regardless of which side is breaking the protest lines? Breach the capitol, she better be prepared to face force. Peaceful protest all you want, but I side on the police to restore order once things get violent. Well...maybe not American cops cause they seem kinda shit. I guess I'm privileged that way in cops in my country are not Qanon radicals.
Good point, but mine was more about certain circles cheering and pointing fun at a woman in pain. Apparently is was deemed okay because.........

·
Aggressively White
6,269 Posts
Edit: My mom said that if it were a bunch of black people that stormed the capital, it would be blood and bodies everywhere. I couldn't help but laugh, I mean she's probably right.
An unarmed woman was shot through a wall. BLM thugs literally burned down a police station and they didn’t retaliate.

·
4,737 Posts
An unarmed woman was shot through a wall. BLM thugs literally burned down a police station and they didn’t retaliate.
Please explain the connection between protests against police brutality and an armed insurrection of the US Capitol, encouraged by the sitting president.

·
Aggressively White
6,269 Posts
Please explain the connection between protests against police brutality and an armed insurrection of the US Capitol, encouraged by the sitting president.
I didn’t compare the motivations behind it. Someone said that if the protestors were black they’d have been shot on sight by police. I’m pointing out that when some BLM thugs commuted arson on a police station none were shot or killed

·
4,737 Posts
I didn’t compare the motivations behind it. Someone said that if the protestors were black they’d have been shot on sight by police. I’m pointing out that when some BLM thugs commuted arson on a police station were shot or killed
But again, you're bringing up unrelated business, throwing in a random event from a BLM riot in a conversation about an armed insurrection aimed at disturbing the democratic process and overtaking one of the most important buildings in the world. The comparison has been a crutch for a lot of people since the insurrection, and it doesn't work logically.

·
Aggressively White
6,269 Posts
But again, you're bringing up unrelated business, throwing in a random event from a BLM riot in a conversation about an armed insurrection aimed at disturbing the democratic process and overtaking one of the most important buildings in the world. The comparison has been a crutch for a lot of people since the insurrection, and it doesn't work logically.
Firstly burning down a police station is an insurrection too.

Secondly, there aren’t any actual cases of BLM disturbing politics. So we have to use the closest comparison which is them violently destroying a government (POLICE) building where they were not killed by police

1481 - 1500 of 1559 Posts