Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Excellence of Execution
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, WWE 2K14 was the first wrestling game I've purchased since SVR 06 and I'm looking for some help from the more regular WWE gamers. When I played SVR 2006, the GM Mode was absolutely brilliant. It had everything a GM Mode should have from ratings to popularity and it actually had a goal or reason to play it. On the contrary, I found 2K14's Universe mode ABSOLUTELY useless and stopped playing the mode completely after only a day or 2.

So my question to you guys is, what's the most recent WWE game to have a GM Mode that was as fun as 2006 and are all the Universe modes from when it switched from GM to Universe exactly the same? When I say the same, I mean stripped of all the fun parts of the mode...or did they just decide to make 2K14's REALLY boring and useless because they made the whole focus Wrestlemania mode?

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Anybody actually use real-life cards and feuds in GM Mode just to see how the ratings would go?

·
Registered
95 Posts
The only other games with Gm mode are SvR 2007 and 2008. They are pretty much identical although 08 allows you to manage ECW as a brand. I'd suggest saving your money because 06 and 07 only major changes overall are the rosters and many consider 08 the worst of the series, besides as i said all the gm modes are so similar if you have one you have them all

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
if only the ratings were based on the actual matches and not on the popularity of the wrestlers competing in the matches

that would make the Gm mode soooo much better and playable

·
Registered
834 Posts
The only reason I'm considering buying a new WWE game is to play Universe mode in the hope that I can do some booking like in SVR08, which had a very fun GM mode. So I'm interested to know how the different games fare in regards to Universe mode, too.

·
The Excellence of Execution
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So basically the GM/Universe mode went downhill since it's inception in 2006. That's pretty sad to hear since the debut of the mode was so promising. It also means I'm not even gonna bother wasting my money since there's no new iterations of the game that are worth it. Just sucks that they couldn't evolve the mode to become even better..but instead took out all the parts that made it good and just left a shell of what the former mode was. The new Universe in 2K14 just felt like a beta with no real rhyme or reason to play it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts