Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an idea from another site, where there points are "Cash", pretty much the same as WE's. But they can give cash/points as well as their equivelant of rep.

I thought this might be good, for competitions and multimedia and file sharing.

Eg. In a request for a program or something you can offer points as incentive. Raather than rep, so it means something.

I thought it might be good to incourage sharing.Thoughts??

·
hello
19,588 Posts
not a bad idea, but adding rep is better though.... soon people would become greedy and ask for too much points for multimedia

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
It was allowed in the past but not anymore, I think because people just gave poits away who had it and it was too easy to buy things for the n00bs.

Also, if the admin wishes to run a comp then they can award points to the winner. Not that they normally do mind :). (wish to run a comp).

·
Banned
3,015 Posts
Not a great idea. Points are accumulated easy now anyway. Just put them in the bank for a while and you can get anything in the store. Or just post for that matter. But eventually points are just like rep, you've got a shitload and can't do anything with them, so what's the point?

·
Section.80 Baby
3,207 Posts
I like the idea, but then I dont like the idea. In your case you upload all this Multimedia, and all you get is Rep, you can't do anything with rep. But with points you can.

What I dont like is, ya like it was said, n00bz can get points easier then deserved.

·
Buzz Killington
2,202 Posts
It was allowed in the pasted and what its called is Vbookie where you get money and bet on certain events. It was removed because no one used it.

·
Banned
3,015 Posts
Stryder said:
It was allowed in the pasted and what its called is Vbookie where you get money and bet on certain events. It was removed because no one used it.
Vbookie is not giving points. It's just a way to win/lost points by betting.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
The options for them are there. Nitemare just didn't want to use them. He likes the idea of earning points through posting and rep giving points is just wrong. Most of us give rep to piss people off(ie, I give bad rep to n00bs asking for good rep)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts