Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now Cena does not bother me as much as a lot of people on here, he is far from a fav though for me.

The problem i ahve is when the WWE take him out of the Title Picture, he still dominates proceedings on RAW with the show centered around him and his fued or character,leaving hardly any building up for any WWE Title challenges between other wrestlers. Miz v Orton almost gets forgotten about.

I completely understand Cena is WWE biggest star and biggest money maker, but how do the WWE ever expect to make any new huge stars if the said people dont have airtime to build a legit feud etc?

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
To be fair, it's probably just as well that he's taking the focus off the WWE Title picutre right now since it's so damn dull. But what's being said is right, everytime Cena isn't actually in the title picture they put him as the focus of the show. But it's also strange that when he isn't in the title picutre, his feuds and programmes with other guy are usually a heck of al ot more entertaining than the WWE Title programme.

I know it might take focus off the title, but when you've got a title feud as boring as the one we have now, or one we had in Sheamus/Orton, it's probably the right thing to do. Cena/Nexus and now Punk/Cena/Nexus is an entertaining storyline worthy of the focus on RAW.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I have no idea how you think Miz is being forgotten about. He gets tons of air time. If you want to see what it's like to be forgotten, look at when they gave the belt to that pale fool.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
The WWE title always gets air time on Raw, no matter who is champion. Cena being featured so much is a bonus because now we get 2 main event feuds being built on Raw each week.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im guessing what i mean is....

what is the big fued between miz and orton right now? is it just orton wants the title?

yeah thats ok, but surely the title picture can be spiced up with an underlying storyline....

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
what else do you need the miz stole his title and he wants it back this is how you should book you dont need some complicated storyline

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Well, he's got another motive now after how badly he got his ass whipped on Raw, but there's nothing wrong with a title fued being specifically about the title. In fact, that's how it makes the most sense. Title fueds don't have to be any more complicated than titles, whereas non title fueds have to be personal because nobody cares if they're not, then it's meaningless, then it's just 2 guys wrestling for nothing.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
I am getting sick of these threads blaming cena for everything.

What about orton? what about jerry lawler? These are guys who are taking up way too much tv time and are just absolutely awful.

Also people blame cena but ever thought it was the younger wrestlers who are to blame? They are just not very good and are not ready to be main eventers. Of cena is going to be in the main event every week because nobody else can be trusted.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jeez uptight much? if you actually read my original post.... i think its creatives fault not cena's, i like cena...

you say no one else is ready and cannot be trusted... but how can you make a new star if you cant put trust in them?

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
the problem is not cena... the problem is with vince and wwe management, i understand they're scared of pushing a new star, but for how long can they rely on cena and orton to carry the show? i know they're young, but at one point the cena fans (the real fans, not the stupid marks who think cena is a god) will get bored, what will happen the day it happens? what will wwe do when cen or orton retire someday? nothing lasts forever

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Now Cena does not bother me as much as a lot of people on here, he is far from a fav though for me.

The problem i ahve is when the WWE take him out of the Title Picture, he still dominates proceedings on RAW with the show centered around him and his fued or character,leaving hardly any building up for any WWE Title challenges between other wrestlers. Miz v Orton almost gets forgotten about.

I completely understand Cena is WWE biggest star and biggest money maker, but how do the WWE ever expect to make any new huge stars if the said people dont have airtime to build a legit feud etc?
So you want the company's biggest money maker (the one who brings in the ratings, sells the merch etc.) to be on TV less?
As much as I'd like to see the midcard elevated, that's just terrible business.
leaving hardly any building up for any WWE Title challenges between other wrestlers.
Well first off, the Orton character is meant to be a loner. Justifiably he shouldn't be in 12 backstage segments per night, it wouldn't fit him at all.

And 2, if either member of the feud is on TV, it counts as build for the feud. In this case, Miz has been getting tonnes of air time even on shows he isn't even a member of. They are building the fued pretty well but trying to establish Miz as somebody serious.

Plus Cena is feuding with Nexus. You simply cannot have a big stable like that and NOT give them air time. They exist to run the show, they can't just sit on the sidelines and appear once a night.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
The fact that Cena is so prominant might actually help Miz in some ways. If he completely dominated the show his weaknesses would be more apparent than they are right now and that would hurt him. By keeping a lot of the spotlight on Cena it could allow Miz to have a long reign which does the WWE title a lot of good. This would've been even truer for someone like Sheamus or Swagger, two guys who were nowhere near ready to be world champions. If WWE had stuck with them while letting other storylines get plenty of attention they might have grown into the role. Instead they dropped the belts quickly and unceremoniously, forcing them down the card; Swagger has dropped so fast that he's arguably below the IC title at the moment!

·
Registered
826 Posts
He's their top draw so he has to be featured prominently on their show, but thats their fault because now they're in the process of building new stars when this should've been done 2 years ago.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The issue is not Cena. It is bad time management by WWE officials (and at times superstars). The mainevent level talent dominate the show to the point it makes no sense to have all the of the undercard talent around that they do. Another problem is that when the undercard talent is utilized, they are often just there, not advancing their own storylines (if they have one) or developing character. One thing Raw could do is tell their mainevent guys to hurry up and get to fucking point with some of these promos. It is sad that the first quarter or so of the scheduled run of the show (yes, they have a 10-15 min. overrun allowed by USA that they don't always run through) is filled by commercials and every maineventer having to jaw on and on. They could also do with not having to recap everything constantly. It's a live show and every second counts.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Its a bit unfortunate that Nexus really didn't get to have any sort of program with anybody other than Cena. Even the times they interacted with Orton was more about the championship rather than any sort of animosity. No midcard face was ever really given a shot to step up to Nexus. Either Cena immediately overshadowed the face following any sort of match, the face got destroyed in a gang beatdown, or they were just filler in a match involving Nexus by the General Manager. R-truth did get that match against Barrett on Old School Raw but that was it.

Its doubly annoying considering that all the Non-Barrett members got to do was be fodder for Cena/Orton which was annoying when Gabriel, Slater, and possibly even Otunga could have had a program with one of the midcarders instead of ONLY being background filler for Barrett. Hell, it didn't matter if the faces were ever succesful, but they should have gotten the chance to step up. Its just really stupid that creative never thought of using the biggest storyline in half a decade to try to put over anyone other than Cena and Barrett/Punk.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Its a bit unfortunate that Nexus really didn't get to have any sort of program with anybody other than Cena. Even the times they interacted with Orton was more about the championship rather than any sort of animosity. No midcard face was ever really given a shot to step up to Nexus. Either Cena immediately overshadowed the face following any sort of match, the face got destroyed in a gang beatdown, or they were just filler in a match involving Nexus by the General Manager. R-truth did get that match against Barrett on Old School Raw but that was it.

Its doubly annoying considering that all the Non-Barrett members got to do was be fodder for Cena/Orton which was annoying when Gabriel, Slater, and possibly even Otunga could have had a program with one of the midcarders instead of ONLY being background filler for Barrett. Hell, it didn't matter if the faces were ever succesful, but they should have gotten the chance to step up. Its just really stupid that creative never thought of using the biggest storyline in half a decade to try to put over anyone other than Cena and Barrett/Punk.
This. Justin Gabriel and Daniel Bryan could've easily had a program together for the US Championship but nooo instead they wanna have him in a love triangle with the Bellas. Sometimes these WWE writers make me wonder smh.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Hell prior to TLC, they could have had an ad-hoc crew of Cena (for Barret), JoMo (for Gabriel), Truth (for Otunga), the Harts (for Husky and McGillicutty/Tarver and Sheffield), and Primo or Yoshi (for Ms. Wendy Slater).

Randy and Miz (with Sheamus periodically Brogue Kicking either in the face when he needs attention after winning KotR) could have their feud over the US title, DiBiase (w/Maryse) could chase Bryan for the US belt.

With the new Nexus being created we could have Cena/Punk, Truth/Otunga, The Hart Dynasty/Husky and McGillicutty, and the faces could start looking for a new guy to take on Mason. JoMo could have slipped into a fourway feud with Miz, Sheamus, and Orton. Bryan could still be fighting DiBiase, Ryder, and everyone else for his US title.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts