Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of people were very disappointed by Battleground (and NOC), I was too. They may not be premier PPVs but compared to shows like Payback earlier in the year they have seemed like glorified episodes of Raw. At Payback 3 titles changed hands. Since then the only title to change hands at any ppv has been the WWE championship. That's a lot of months. Are creative in a rut? A surface glance would say yes.

So where is the upside you ask. I'll tell you. Survivor Series is round the corner, 2 PPVs later it's Royal Rumble, then we're spitting distance from wrestlemania. This corporation story is a big thing, it has to climax at wrestlemania. They're building to there and there are going to be big things happening soon. But the point still remains that we are losing faith.

There is one too many PPVs. Battleground is the one. No time to build the feuds, no gimmicks to fall back on it floundered and only the Rhodes vs Shield match saved it. But keep the faith people. There is going to be major fallout from this. The Rhodes boys will make their presence known, Big Show and HHH are going to be at each other. Bryan and Orton need a conclusion. ADR will finally get someone new and Punk will soon be ready to enter the corporation fray. Not to mention Bray Wyatt beginning his journey through the roster (one by one they will fall), the shield entertaining as ever , cesaro looking to be getting a push, there is tons to be excited about.

In any good story you need good pacing. A packed ppv schedule meant battleground was in a trough of the story. From now on every ppv is going to be a peak as HIAC has tons of potential bouts and then 3 of the next 5 are part of the big 4.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
No I won't, after last nights bullshit I refuse to watch raw tonight.... I spent my hard earned money last night for that kind of crap? Like people really care about the big show. Unacceptable. This storyline needs to end. Bryan/Orton matches are very average, same bullshit promos every week.... This just needs to END.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Brother, imagine if you were a consumer who legally bought these PPVs. Would you honestly spend money on a 4th PPV after watching the events of the last 3 PPVs? Would you spend your hard-earned money on that stuff? I'd say not really.

I feel like the story is not engaging enough, and yesterday, it felt like Orton and Bryan went nowhere.

·
Registered
430 Posts
It was soo bad. I didn't even care about the WWE Championship i just wanted the WHC of ADR's waist

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No I won't, after last nights bullshit I refuse to watch raw tonight.... I spent my hard earned money last night for that kind of crap? Like people really care about the show. Unacceptable. This storyline needs to end. Bryan/Orton matches are very average, same bullshit promos every week.... This just needs to END.
So what? We can go back to Cena vs Mark Henry? Battleground was booked as a piece of crap. If you feel this way now why did you even buy it. Everyone could see this wasn't gonna be a huge ppv. Save your money for HIAC or survivor series.

@Natsuke, I did legally buy it. And I thought summerslam was excellent. Card was full of awesome matches with great storylines.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The climax should have been Orton vs Bryan for the title at WM, with that being their first meeting. They should have built it up slowly, had Bryan have to go through each member of the Shield, go through Big Show, etc before finally getting his hands on Orton.

Stupid comparison, but in Lord of the Rings, Frodo gets to Mount Doom at the end of the last book. He doesn't get there three or four times and try and throw the ring in, only to miss and try again later the next month. It's the build up that counts, and WWE has dropped the ball to the point where I don't think they can recover.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
So what? We can go back to Cena vs Mark Henry? Battleground was booked as a piece of crap. If you feel this way now why did you even buy it. Everyone could see this wasn't gonna be a huge ppv. Save your money for HIAC or survivor series.

@Natsuke, I did legally buy it. And I thought summerslam was excellent. Card was full of awesome matches with great storylines.

Cena returning will be better than this stale crap.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The climax should have been Orton vs Bryan for the title at WM, with that being their first meeting. They should have built it up slowly, had Bryan have to go through each member of the Shield, go through Big Show, etc before finally getting his hands on Orton.

Stupid comparison, but in Lord of the Rings, Frodo gets to Mount Doom at the end of the last book. He doesn't get there three or four times and try and throw the ring in, only to miss and try again later the next month. It's the build up that counts, and WWE has dropped the ball to the point where I don't think they can recover.
Well I guess the question is then, is Orton Mt Doom? Or is he The Lord of the Nazgul who appears halfway through book 1. WWE are telling a story. If the climax is Bryan vs Orton at WM then they're doing a poor job. I'm almost certain it won't be though. Bryan has had Orton placed as his first big barrier to the WWE title. There are other big players in this storyline like Big Show and Triple H and other power players like Punk, Wyatt, Lesner and Undertaker who haven't taken a side yet. Then there's potential heel turns from old ally's and who knows who Bryan will end up against.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
And what's your excuse for NO story in the midcard ? Random match like The Real Americans vs Santino & Khali ? Since Summerslam, the product is terrible and boring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts