Wrestling Forum banner

Give it up to Otunga

2904 28
Tremendous segment. Great character.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Hit the kitchen up, and water whip. SKRRT
4,156 Posts
He has improved in the ring and has become a more tolerable talker. The guy has great look and physique. Give him a extra year and Otunga could be a potential near complete package.
This x100. I said so when he debuted and everyone thought he was never going to amount to anything, give him time and now you see how much he's improved, give it another year or 2 and he'll really get a lot better.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
If they can give him a gimmick that isn't some crazy hybrid of Chris Masters and Chris Nowinski I think I could warm up to the guy. I could not stand him for a second while he was being the assistant to Johnny Ace (and really didn't notice him before that). So if the gimmick is right, I think Otunga could work out--if they keep having him be a greased up Mr. Universe, then no thanks.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I like Otunga because he has a cockiness but it doesn't seem to forced.
He has some charisma better than many wrestlers today, and getting better at speaking. And he has a great build, maybe too big and it slows him down in the ring. But hey, Hogan wasn't the best worker yet he made it huge.(sorry not even trying to compare them just saying you don't always have to be a great worker to become huge)

·
Premium Member
27,313 Posts
I've been saying this forever! When he comes out, it's like a main event Entrance! Fuck. Dude is growing perfectly in the WWE. not being stupidly pushed, but getting in at all the right moments.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
As a lower midcard type of guy, the guy is performing better than I would have ever expected him to.

On the other hand, the guy currently does not in anyway shape or form have the potential to be a legitimately credible midcarder. He almost no inherent intimidation factor to make up for the fact that he's mediocre in the ring at best. Sure he has a good physique but this is WWE, its expected for the average WWE wrestler to have a good build and size; this isn't ROH we're talking about. Finally, the guy simply isn't charismatic or even passionate enough to justify a midcard push purely on that basis like the Miz.

I'd be fine with Otunga but I still worry that WWE will decide to overpush the guy eventually; I'm actually surprised that they haven't already at this point.

·
Banned
10,616 Posts
His segment was stupid and pointless. He couldn't even do the Carlton dance right.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.