Wrestling Forum banner

Give Edge Some Credit

4607 Views 55 Replies 40 Participants Last post by  shattered_dreams
Ok, I'm gonna get to the point. Ok, ADR has looked impressive in the ring and he seems to have charisma. But Edge is a multiple World Heavyweight Champion and his WM record is nothing to roll your eyes over. So, why do most people expect an ADR win?
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,720 Posts
I don't know but my guess is, part of the reason is because Del Rio has become an IWC wet dream and some people might be convincing themselves that he's going to win because they're confusing their hopes with reality and convincing themselves he's gonna win, or that people expect him to become champion at Mania, due to the push he's been given. Although WWE could easily change all that, but people on here are almost sure of themselves about this.

· Joker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He could be building up to get beat. How many times have we seen someone on a rocket to the top get shit on by the WWE writers? Recently, Mr. Kennedy.

· Joker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· You're better than that Cole.
3,991 Posts
You know to be honest, I’m still trying to find this broken down old man that most people on this forum labeling Edge is. Has he lost a step or two ever since returning in 2010? Of course, has injuries slowed him down over the years including his latest one? absolutely, but for a broken down animal that many claim him to be, he is doing a magnificent job in the ring.

I don’t know if it’s a lot of people on here ready for Alberto Del Rio to become World Heavyweight Champion or just want Edge to retire (which both are understandable with no argument) but give Edge some damn credit cause he has been on fire right now with carrying Smackdown on his back.

He is playing his “Fighting Champion” Face role to perfection right now, this is by far the most memorable World Champion reign he had thus far in my honest opinion. The crowd is loving him to death like back in 02-03, Edge is just on a roll. One of the best well booked Champions in recent memory. Everything is just clicking together with this reign and he making Alberto Del Rio more of a star.

I’m not even a fan of Edge in no shape or form but I got to give this guy his credit, he is certainly doing a good job in carrying Smackdown something I didn’t think was possible in the slightest, he certainly proved me wrong.

· Registered
2,322 Posts
Edge has done a great job for the WWE. The only thing that irritates me is that he is an 11 time champion or whatever while Christian has not won any. Even if you think Edge is better than Christian, he's not 11 times better. Christian should have had at least a run or two.

· Registered
241 Posts
Not sure if your post is in kayfabe or not dom479 lol.

but

People should give Edge more credit for how over he is at the moment. Could totally see Vince giving Edge the win at Mania if he feels that's what the crowd wants to see (depending on what happens in the other matches).

Del Rio losing at Mania won't hurt him at all, win at Extreme Rules could be just as effective.

Could even do it there in Edge's speciality, a "TLC" match, if they really wanted to put Del Rio over big time.

· Joker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Edge has done a great job for the WWE. The only thing that irritates me is that he is an 11 time champion or whatever while Christian has not won any. Even if you think Edge is better than Christian, he's not 11 times better. Christian should have had at least a run or two.
This is very true. I always thought of Christian as someone to win RAW's WWE Championship as the RAW show always needs someone charismatic to win the title. Christian fits that role perfectly, but he would have to be heel as that fits his in-ring personality better.

· Registered
1,238 Posts
Winning the belt at WM would hurt Del Rio more than losing would. Look at the last two guys that were shot straight to the top and won world titles ridiculously fast. Del Rio is great, and he can be a top guy for a long time, which is exactly why he needs to lose at WM27. When a guy wins the Rumble, Main Events WrestleMania, and wins a world title in less than a year, there's nowhere left for him to go but down.

· Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,508 Posts
You know to be honest, I’m still trying to find this broken down old man that most people on this forum labeling Edge is. Has he lost a step or two ever since returning in 2010? Of course, has injuries slowed him down over the years including his latest one? absolutely, but for a broken down animal that many claim him to be, he is doing a magnificent job in the ring.

I don’t know if it’s a lot of people on here ready for Alberto Del Rio to become World Heavyweight Champion or just want Edge to retire (which both are understandable with no argument) but give Edge some damn credit cause he has been on fire right now with carrying Smackdown on his back.

He is playing his “Fighting Champion” Face role to perfection right now, this is by far the most memorable World Champion reign he had thus far in my honest opinion. The crowd is loving him to death like back in 02-03, Edge is just on a roll. One of the best well booked Champions in recent memory. Everything is just clicking together with this reign and he making Alberto Del Rio more of a star.

I’m not even a fan of Edge in no shape or form but I got to give this guy his credit, he is certainly doing a good job in carrying Smackdown something I didn’t think was possible in the slightest, he certainly proved me wrong.
Exactly.

People are setting up ridiculous standards for this man.

· Registered
5,733 Posts
Sidenote, edge and face don't mix.

· Premium Member
4,913 Posts
I've given Edge credit all along, as you may be able to tell I'm somewhat a fan of his but some the blind hate he gets on here is stupid. He's still capable in the ring, comparing him to wrestler in his mid 20's who's fresh in the WWE and has had no serious injuries would be idiotic. But to say he's been going for 10 years you have to give him credit where credit is due.

· Joker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wasn't aware of how many people mark for Edge.

· Registered
7,244 Posts
del rio not winning would be retarded + edge sucks and him as champ is terrible.

· Registered
2,408 Posts
Edge has drastically improved from his shape in 2010, returning back to his former 2009 glory.

Sure, 2010 was his worst year ever. Spear catchphrases, random face/heel turns, unfinished feuds, practically becoming a main event jobber. Not to mention, his shape (beer belly) and his ring ability declined.

2011 is another story however. He is a champ, putting on some good to great matches consistently, returning to a healthier body form, etc. He is over now; the crowd is 100% behind Edge. He has carried Smackdown on his back, again.

The hate Edge is getting is unjustifiable. People are still thinking it is 2010. Newsflash, it's 2011 and Edge is main eventing Wrestlemania. :cool:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.