Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, when NXT began everybody bitched about how Danielson had little charisma and no mic skills but in the latter stages of NXT he started cutting some of the best promos of the year and lo and behold, after he got mic time he started to get more over with the crowd.

It especially sucks how he has been brought back and has been God Damn silent since, not said 1 word about being fired and brought back, not said anything about Miz or Cole.

He is good on the mic! Let him use it like he did in NXT.

edit: Before anyone mentions it, yes I know he is amazing in the ring and arguably the best technician in WWE at the moment, but Christ he cuts interesting promos.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Seriously, when NXT began everybody bitched about how Danielson had little charisma and no mic skills but in the latter stages of NXT he started cutting some of the best promos of the year and lo and behold, after he got mic time he started to get more over with the crowd.

It especially sucks how he has been brought back and has been God Damn silent since, not said 1 word about being fired and brought back, not said anything about Miz or Cole.

He is good on the mic! Let him use it like he did in NXT.

edit: Before anyone mentions it, yes I know he is amazing in the ring and arguably the best technician in WWE at the moment, but Christ he cuts interesting promos.
He's still got indy dates to finish up, until he's finished with them he's unlikely to get a huge amount of time on Raw. Think about it, what he were to be injured working for another promotion, whatever storyline he was involved in would have to be killed off and that would ruin his push. Until then he'll get some short matches to keep him relevant but nothing more.

·
HEADBANGA
21,287 Posts
Rey Mysterio being 2 time WHC rings a bell? Kaval winning NXT season 2 and being garuanteed a shot at the world title at the ppv of his choice? How're they not getting past the mid-card?

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I think the problem with him is that his fanbase is so loyal that if they're gunna tune in to watch him they don't care if he speaks or not as long as we get to see him perform.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
When he's done wrestling Sawa and Benjamin in the Independents he better get almost as much mic time as the Miz.
There's a better chance of Jesus floating down from Heaven in a business suit, going to Macy's and buying a pair of white tennis shoes, then taking an elevator to the 7th layer of Hell, and smoking a joint with The Devil...than Daniel Bryan getting as much mic time as The Miz.

·
Asuka
96,222 Posts
Rey Mysterio being 2 time WHC rings a bell? Kaval winning NXT season 2 and being garuanteed a shot at the world title at the ppv of his choice? How're they not getting past the mid-card?
Yeah, Rey Mysterio is a 2 time world champion after being super over for 8 years and one of the only people in the company who draws, and it took a death to even get him his first reign. Sheamus, a big guy, is a 2 time world champion within his first year, and has drawn NOTHING. Does that not say it all? Size matters in wrestling.

Kaval may win the belt (or he may not, we don't even know yet), but if he wins the title on Raw, they'll probably just use him as an easy stepping stone for Miz to cash in his MITB on, or if he does it on SmackDown!, they'll probably have Alberto Del Rio quickly crush him and take the belt for himself. Either way, I don't envision he'd get the belt for too long. Being a small man doesn't mean you can't be world champion, but it does GREATLY reduce those odds. We've seen the evidence for that over and over.

On the topic of him and mic time, I'd like to see him get more opportunities to talk, but if he's still got Indy dates left to finish up, I can understand why he's not. WWE is going to want him all to themselves before they fully invest in his character.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
Yeah, Rey Mysterio is a 2 time world champion after being super over for 8 years and one of the only people in the company who draws, and it took a death to even get him his first reign. Sheamus, a big guy, is a 2 time world champion within his first year, and has drawn NOTHING. Does that not say it all? Size matters in wrestling.

Kaval may win the belt (or he may not, we don't even know yet), but if he wins the title on Raw, they'll probably just use him as an easy stepping stone for Miz to cash in his MITB on, or if he does it on SmackDown!, they'll probably have Alberto Del Rio quickly crush him and take the belt for himself. Either way, I don't envision he'd get the belt for too long. Being a small man doesn't mean you can't be world champion, but it does GREATLY reduce those odds. We've seen the evidence for that over and over.

On the topic of him and mic time, I'd like to see him get more opportunities to talk, but if he's still got Indy dates left to finish up, I can understand why he's not. WWE is going to want him all to themselves before they fully invest in his character.
Because Vince McMahon gets turned on by muscle mass.

·
Thank You Randy Savage.
3,773 Posts
There's a better chance of Jesus floating down from Heaven in a business suit, going to Macy's and buying a pair of white tennis shoes, then taking an elevator to the 7th layer of Hell, and smoking a joint with The Devil...than Daniel Bryan getting as much mic time as The Miz.
Over-exaggerate much?

Damn marks.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Eventually Vince is gonna be forced to push smaller guys. Guys like Kofi Kingston and CM Punk could make him some money but he would rather push guys like Sheamus and Swagger that will never draw a dime because they are big.

·
Asuka
96,222 Posts
Eventually Vince is gonna be forced to push smaller guys. Guys like Kofi Kingston and CM Punk could make him some money but he would rather push guys like Sheamus and Swagger that will never draw a dime because they are big.
Well, that's partly true, but CM Punk has had 10 times the career in WWE that Swagger's had. He'll probably regain some momentum soon with the SES dead. Vince isn't even interested in pushing Swagger, he just got a throwaway reign because Randy Orton got pissed at Kofi, Mcintyre was totally, totally unover and Vince hates Christian, so he got lucky at WM and won the MITB. That, and they were throwing MITB at WM away alltogether. Otherwise they'd have put Miz in and gave him the case.

Sheamus applies though, sadly. It's fortunate that he's nowhere near as dire as Swagger, although he doesn't excel at anything.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
I would rather see david otunga on the mic than daniel bryan. He is one of the most boring people to watch. I don't think he has the "look". Cole is right, hes a nerd. I am more interested in a goldust match than i am any storyline involving bryan. I really hope he flops and goes back to the indies where he belongs.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I would rather see david otunga on the mic than daniel bryan. He is one of the most boring people to watch. I don't think he has the "look". Cole is right, hes a nerd. I am more interested in a goldust match than i am any storyline involving bryan. I really hope he flops and goes back to the indies where he belongs.
You sir , you deserve to be bitchslapped and hard...

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts

Your Next!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts