Wrestling Forum banner

Gimmick idea for Swagger.

3K views 41 replies 34 participants last post by  The Enforcer 
#1 ·
Since he is stale and has the personality of a Paper Plate, They should give him lance Storms old gimmick. "Im Not Boring".

Complete with this theme.

http://youtu.be/RvzarwYHjII

#15 ·
I would have him be utterly obliterated by Dolph Ziggler with a steel chair, after Ziggler snaps on Raw next week due to all of the humiliating losses to Brodus Clay and Hornswoggle, ditching Vickie and making Swagger's back hamburger. I'd then start up a storyline in which Ziggler begins to court Eve to attain greater status and clout with her new executive administrative position. Swagger would disappear for about four or six weeks.

On some episode of Raw or Smackdown, some midcard heel like Otunga is assaulting some beloved midcard babyface (I guess Santino) after a match not going the way he wanted. Jack Swagger would appear, slowly walking to the ring, and completely dismantle Otunga/Whichever Heel You Prefer. Make the audience think he's Frank Mir, breaking the heel's arm, and then go after his ankle.

The next week, he shows up again and almost robotically goes after whichever heel you'd like who's harassing some weaker character, Hornswoggle or a diva or whatever.

His theme would be changed to something more akin to Dean Malenko's old WCW theme, and he'd wear a no-frills simple solid color singlet, perhaps either white or black.

After the third occasion on which he saves some injured or weakened babyface against some domineering, overbearing heel, he'd be interviewed by Josh Matthews and he'd refuse to say anything.

Then I'd feed him a bunch of heel enhancement talent, irritating people the audience enjoys seeing destroyed. Heath Slater would be a good choice.

Finally, once the moment was right like in September or so, he'd go after Ziggler to start up a six-week feud that elevates both guys due to their shared ring capabilities and developed characters.

I'd completely change Swagger into a carnivorous, borderline sociopathic, not-quite-there in-ring assassin whose almost psychotic state would be defined over a long period of time as a sort of deranged Jungian hero syndrome.

Try it out for ten months or so and see how it works.

#2 ·
Nice to see you rated you're own thread at 5 stars.

Swagger definitely needs a gimmick change, problem is he is so far from anybody's mind in the WWE that would actually do anything about it.
They would problem settle with the fact he has changed his hair style and is now wearing a new blue and turquoise outfit.

#6 ·
Eh, at this point Swagger needs a TOTAL character overhaul. Simply having him come out and say that he's not boring won't do it. The whole All-American gimmick from his WHC reign wasn't too bad but it didn't help when he lost to Rey Mysterio of all people and had a freaking Eagle dancing around him. They need to remove him from Dolph and put him back on Smackdown. At this point, I don't even know what you can do with him that would work. He was fine before they had him job to Hornswoggle.

#8 ·
He needs this back.

Swagger is better off than most. At least the guy's been consistently used on TV ever since the Ziggler/Riley feud.

I don't think there's anything wrong with his turquoise singlet. However, I do think that Ziggler should wear the same color so they at least look like a team.

#11 ·
I don't know what the fuck they're doing to Jack Swagger. His outfits are tacky as hell and he has no character direction whatsoever.

Dude should be a main eventer. He has no chemistry with Vickie Guerrero whatsoever. Bring back the Swagger Soaring Eagle, and the pushup pyro and bring back his Wrestlemania 26 attire with the robe.

#18 ·
im just imagining him doing those Storm like maneuvers with the haircut he has now dressed in clothes similar to Grand Masters old look. DesolationRows idea is much better though, I like that and it would work, Have guys like Slater or Mahal cut heelish promos and Swagger comes out and destroys them. I like Swagger to dont get me wrong just seems like Gimmicks are what fans want (Casuals not you guys)

#24 ·
I'd like them to play up to his amateur background, they are building Lesnar up as bringing legitimacy back to the WWE, you could do a similar thing with Swagger in the midcard, have Johnny call Santino a phony and an embarrassment to wrestling and the US title and bring out Swagger and say he is going to be legitimacy back to the title.

Johnny can verbally attack people like Ryder/Santino/Cena calling them embarrassments to wrestling whilst he pushes and promotes Ziggler/Swagger/Lesnar

#25 ·
The problem with giving Swagger a serious gimmick is that his facial expressions are absolutely horrific. As long as he continues to look that goofy, nobody will ever be able to take him completely serious.

Which is fine: he's a floundering midcard heel right now, right where he should be in my opinion. This Ziggler/Vickie thing has done absolutely nothing for him outside of keeping him on tv, so I would say he could certainly use a change of scenery. Have him break off from those two and either bring back the "All American American" gimmick (Soarin' Eagle included) or just do something different with him entirely.

I don't think the Lance Storm gimmick idea will work though. The "I'm Not Boring" thing would probably do more damage than anything else.

#28 ·
I've been saying it for a while but Swagger needs a complete overhaul. New attire, new theme music, new moveset, new finishers, new look, maybe even a new name. The guy needs to be refreshed badly, he's been treading water for so long I wouldn't be surprised if they just future endeavored him.

#31 ·
im a fan of this guy and i think he should go back to the american singlet with the all american gimmick. Bring up how his amateur background turn him face, make him more serious of a wrestler have him feud with ziggler and he should be fine

#33 ·
I would give Jack Swagger a Sportscenter Icon gimmick. Essentially, coinciding with WWE's version of Sportscenter on WWE Network, Jack Swagger would get the gimmick of an attention whoring athlete who drives to be the best and get the most media coverage. Like the Chad Ochocinco or Terrell Owens of WWE, Swagger would participate in many interviews, use outlandish catchphrases, and do weird activities during his "bye week". On Raw or Smackdown, Swagger would come to the ring with his Coach, his Mascot, the returning Swagger Soaring Eagle, and his personal cheerleaders. During matches he when would get taken off his feet, he would roll out of the ring and discuss the next play with his coach. Whenever he does a big move, his mascot would run around the ring carrying the giant Team Swag Flag and his cheerleaders would do a cheer. In matches against jobbers, Swagger would bring in his second string backup, Alex Riley, to finish the match for him.

Other things that Swagger could do with this is parody other athletes. Swagger could become a free agent and hold a decision 2012 press conference announcing which brand he will sign for. When asked if Riley is going to take the starting job away from him, Swagger would put down Riley verbally and ask for his coach to trade him away. When on a "bye week," Swagger would have a backstage skit showing him doing something outlandish or extreme like skydiving, bull riding, etc. Swagger would bring up his highlight reels on the WWE Network and talk about his stats, saying when fantasy players should draft him. Swagger would be a full ESPN Athlete parody.

#34 ·
I think this gimmick is better for him

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.