Wrestling Forum banner

Gimmick idea for Swagger.

3062 41
Since he is stale and has the personality of a Paper Plate, They should give him lance Storms old gimmick. "Im Not Boring".

Complete with this theme.

http://youtu.be/RvzarwYHjII
Reactions: CMWit
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
1,503 Posts
He needs this back.

Swagger is better off than most. At least the guy's been consistently used on TV ever since the Ziggler/Riley feud.

I don't think there's anything wrong with his turquoise singlet. However, I do think that Ziggler should wear the same color so they at least look like a team.
I agree. I miss this Swagger, he was great. WWE sure missed the boat with this though.

· Registered
3,205 Posts
I'd like them to play up to his amateur background, they are building Lesnar up as bringing legitimacy back to the WWE, you could do a similar thing with Swagger in the midcard, have Johnny call Santino a phony and an embarrassment to wrestling and the US title and bring out Swagger and say he is going to be legitimacy back to the title.

Johnny can verbally attack people like Ryder/Santino/Cena calling them embarrassments to wrestling whilst he pushes and promotes Ziggler/Swagger/Lesnar

· The Man
30,830 Posts
The problem with giving Swagger a serious gimmick is that his facial expressions are absolutely horrific. As long as he continues to look that goofy, nobody will ever be able to take him completely serious.

Which is fine: he's a floundering midcard heel right now, right where he should be in my opinion. This Ziggler/Vickie thing has done absolutely nothing for him outside of keeping him on tv, so I would say he could certainly use a change of scenery. Have him break off from those two and either bring back the "All American American" gimmick (Soarin' Eagle included) or just do something different with him entirely.

I don't think the Lance Storm gimmick idea will work though. The "I'm Not Boring" thing would probably do more damage than anything else.

· Registered
2,082 Posts
I've been saying it for a while but Swagger needs a complete overhaul. New attire, new theme music, new moveset, new finishers, new look, maybe even a new name. The guy needs to be refreshed badly, he's been treading water for so long I wouldn't be surprised if they just future endeavored him.

· Registered
3,395 Posts
im a fan of this guy and i think he should go back to the american singlet with the all american gimmick. Bring up how his amateur background turn him face, make him more serious of a wrestler have him feud with ziggler and he should be fine

· #FunFact™
7,660 Posts
I would give Jack Swagger a Sportscenter Icon gimmick. Essentially, coinciding with WWE's version of Sportscenter on WWE Network, Jack Swagger would get the gimmick of an attention whoring athlete who drives to be the best and get the most media coverage. Like the Chad Ochocinco or Terrell Owens of WWE, Swagger would participate in many interviews, use outlandish catchphrases, and do weird activities during his "bye week". On Raw or Smackdown, Swagger would come to the ring with his Coach, his Mascot, the returning Swagger Soaring Eagle, and his personal cheerleaders. During matches he when would get taken off his feet, he would roll out of the ring and discuss the next play with his coach. Whenever he does a big move, his mascot would run around the ring carrying the giant Team Swag Flag and his cheerleaders would do a cheer. In matches against jobbers, Swagger would bring in his second string backup, Alex Riley, to finish the match for him.

Other things that Swagger could do with this is parody other athletes. Swagger could become a free agent and hold a decision 2012 press conference announcing which brand he will sign for. When asked if Riley is going to take the starting job away from him, Swagger would put down Riley verbally and ask for his coach to trade him away. When on a "bye week," Swagger would have a backstage skit showing him doing something outlandish or extreme like skydiving, bull riding, etc. Swagger would bring up his highlight reels on the WWE Network and talk about his stats, saying when fantasy players should draft him. Swagger would be a full ESPN Athlete parody.

· Registered
1,486 Posts
I think this gimmick is better for him

· HEADBANGA
27,567 Posts
Swagger was over with what he was given and now they stripped him of anything that made him remotely entertaining. I actually thing that Swagger is pretty entertaining on the mic and he's good in the ring. A shame with the way he's bee treated for the past 3 years.

· Post'n Errry Now and Then
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I would give Jack Swagger a Sportscenter Icon gimmick. Essentially, coinciding with WWE's version of Sportscenter on WWE Network, Jack Swagger would get the gimmick of an attention whoring athlete who drives to be the best and get the most media coverage. Like the Chad Ochocinco or Terrell Owens of WWE, Swagger would participate in many interviews, use outlandish catchphrases, and do weird activities during his "bye week". On Raw or Smackdown, Swagger would come to the ring with his Coach, his Mascot, the returning Swagger Soaring Eagle, and his personal cheerleaders. During matches he when would get taken off his feet, he would roll out of the ring and discuss the next play with his coach. Whenever he does a big move, his mascot would run around the ring carrying the giant Team Swag Flag and his cheerleaders would do a cheer. In matches against jobbers, Swagger would bring in his second string backup, Alex Riley, to finish the match for him.

Other things that Swagger could do with this is parody other athletes. Swagger could become a free agent and hold a decision 2012 press conference announcing which brand he will sign for. When asked if Riley is going to take the starting job away from him, Swagger would put down Riley verbally and ask for his coach to trade him away. When on a "bye week," Swagger would have a backstage skit showing him doing something outlandish or extreme like skydiving, bull riding, etc. Swagger would bring up his highlight reels on the WWE Network and talk about his stats, saying when fantasy players should draft him. Swagger would be a full ESPN Athlete parody.
hahaha that is awesome. Great idea

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.