Wrestling Forum banner

Gimmick idea for Swagger.

3K views 41 replies 34 participants last post by  The Enforcer 
#1 ·
Since he is stale and has the personality of a Paper Plate, They should give him lance Storms old gimmick. "Im Not Boring".

Complete with this theme.

http://youtu.be/RvzarwYHjII

Discussion starter · #39 ·
I would give Jack Swagger a Sportscenter Icon gimmick. Essentially, coinciding with WWE's version of Sportscenter on WWE Network, Jack Swagger would get the gimmick of an attention whoring athlete who drives to be the best and get the most media coverage. Like the Chad Ochocinco or Terrell Owens of WWE, Swagger would participate in many interviews, use outlandish catchphrases, and do weird activities during his "bye week". On Raw or Smackdown, Swagger would come to the ring with his Coach, his Mascot, the returning Swagger Soaring Eagle, and his personal cheerleaders. During matches he when would get taken off his feet, he would roll out of the ring and discuss the next play with his coach. Whenever he does a big move, his mascot would run around the ring carrying the giant Team Swag Flag and his cheerleaders would do a cheer. In matches against jobbers, Swagger would bring in his second string backup, Alex Riley, to finish the match for him.

Other things that Swagger could do with this is parody other athletes. Swagger could become a free agent and hold a decision 2012 press conference announcing which brand he will sign for. When asked if Riley is going to take the starting job away from him, Swagger would put down Riley verbally and ask for his coach to trade him away. When on a "bye week," Swagger would have a backstage skit showing him doing something outlandish or extreme like skydiving, bull riding, etc. Swagger would bring up his highlight reels on the WWE Network and talk about his stats, saying when fantasy players should draft him. Swagger would be a full ESPN Athlete parody.
hahaha that is awesome. Great idea

Discussion starter · #18 ·
im just imagining him doing those Storm like maneuvers with the haircut he has now dressed in clothes similar to Grand Masters old look. DesolationRows idea is much better though, I like that and it would work, Have guys like Slater or Mahal cut heelish promos and Swagger comes out and destroys them. I like Swagger to dont get me wrong just seems like Gimmicks are what fans want (Casuals not you guys)

Discussion starter · #12 ·
I would wonder with him and that new hair style that he would adjust his great wrestling skills to a christian type gimmick, and enforce good morals on other wrestlers, and have a live baptism on Raw in which Kane interrupts and shouts "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!!?".
hahaha, But seriously I know hes not the best on the mic but they should just have him go out there and insult the city there in like Angle used to, yea its cheap heat but it still works in this day in age.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Nice to see you rated you're own thread at 5 stars.

Swagger definitely needs a gimmick change, problem is he is so far from anybody's mind in the WWE that would actually do anything about it.
They would problem settle with the fact he has changed his hair style and is now wearing a new blue and turquoise outfit.
I didn't rate anything lol. More gimmicks are always good considering they get the better reactions (Clay, Ryder and Santino)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.