Wrestling Forum banner

Gilbert Corsey as a permanent member of Impact: Yay or Nay?

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Gilbert Corsey is a four-time Emmy award winning television news anchor/reporter who has worked at KTXS-TV in Abilene, TX, a FOX and ABC affiliate in Charleston, WV and at WDRB in Louisville, KY. He also works at Ohio Valley Wrestling as an announcer and interviewer.

What do you think of his work at Bound For Glory? I think he did a pretty good job and was one of the best interviewers I've seen/heard in TNA in a long time, better than even Jeremy Borash. Like Heyman Decipel said on another thread, I'd much prefer the on-screen interviewer rather than the shaky-cam interview by the faceless interviewer.

And maybe he could make a successful transition to the announcers' booth. I haven't listened to his announcing on OVW but he does display the enthusiasm and energy that is needed in announcing, and something that I think Tenay and Keneley lack.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
can't hurt to have him backstage doing interviews during the show. how often do we see backstage stuff. maybe have this guy back there trying to get interviews.

I didn't really pay attention to his name from the beginning at BFG, but I see his name and can't help but to think of Gilbert Gottfried the comedy guy with the odd voice.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yes, yes, yes.

A reporter reporting. He seemed to have good acting skills, great voice, seemed excited and not bored. Want to see more of him. And I totally can imagine a transition to the booth. Get him and bring Keneley back.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
I just wonder how much he's getting paid. If he's a guy TNA has got cheap he's a great investment but if not I think maybe Borash would of been better backstage.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
Why is this even a question? Hell yeah, the guys awesome! He's got character and a little bit of charisma. I loved watching him slip around during the protein shake bit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts