Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1679 Posts

·
Unlimited Potential
3,048 Posts
Great. Want to hear thoughts on this wallpaper that I created a while ago. Where do I need to improve on and all..

·
Banned
5,274 Posts
Abk™;11990541 said:
Great. Want to hear thoughts on this wallpaper that I created a while ago. Where do I need to improve on and all..

Only thing I would say that isn't 'Rah, that's really good' is that Brock could be shifted over to the right (as you look at it) so that all of his fist is on the picture.

Could possibly add a glass cracking effect over his fist as well, as if he is punching through the 2d barrier of the picture, maybe have the shadow of his fist's thumb visible over the text of The Perfect Storm to add that 3d comin' atcha kinda effect.

·
Often Imitated, Never Duplicated
3,884 Posts
Only thing I would say that isn't 'Rah, that's really good' is that Brock could be shifted over to the right (as you look at it) so that all of his fist is on the picture.

Could possibly add a glass cracking effect over his fist as well, as if he is punching through the 2d barrier of the picture, maybe have the shadow of his fist's thumb visible over the text of The Perfect Storm to add that 3d comin' atcha kinda effect.

Maybe he knows I had already done it, wanted to do it his own way and is playing on the 'Perfect Storm' theme more. I'd like to address the 'shifting to the right' issue as well. If I remember correctly, his right hand in the image is cut off and unless you have the skills to recreate the missing part of his hand (which i don't), you're forced to have it hit the edge. I really like this wallpaper though.

Ah yes! I do have constructive criticism, Brock is intense and a 'Perfect Storm' wouldn't be complete without some lightning. What I would have added are drops of water on the sig to make it look like it has a glass covering. ( Not necessary just an idea )

Like this:

Reactions: Steve Awesome

·
Unlimited Potential
3,048 Posts

Thanks. The thing though is that his fist is chopped off from the original render, hence why I positioned him in the centre.

·
3,884 Posts
I keep forgetting I've had this tucked away in Photobucket for about a month now.

Pretty much what's happening here is a humorous yet horrific situation that wouldn't be a out of the realm of possibility, considering the way the WWE is booking talent-less morons as 'Social Media Ambassadors'. I made a small promo poster for the upcoming Raw World Tour in Dublin.

If you don't know who Jedward are, count yourself lucky, but if you have a morbid curiosity, this was the first time I saw them... Click Here (skip to 3:00)

·
Unlimited Potential
3,048 Posts

Maybe he knows I had already done it, wanted to do it his own way and is playing on the 'Perfect Storm' theme more. I'd like to address the 'shifting to the right' issue as well. If I remember correctly, his right hand in the image is cut off and unless you have the skills to recreate the missing part of his hand (which i don't), you're forced to have it hit the edge. I really like this wallpaper though.

Ah yes! I do have constructive criticism, Brock is intense and a 'Perfect Storm' wouldn't be complete without some lightning. What I would have added are drops of water on the sig to make it look like it has a glass covering. ( Not necessary just an idea )

Like this:

You're right about the lightning effect as I thought of the same during the time I was making the wallpaper, but disregarded it.

The drops of water? Think the 'rain' should make up for it. The thing is that this isn't the original size of the wallpaper, that's why there is a drop in quality somehow. Had to resize to conform with the thread and the avoidance of stretching the page for better viewing. Click here for the original size..

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3817/theperfectstormwallpape.jpg

·
3,884 Posts
The rain is great, I just thought it could be an option, that's why I said it's not necessary. Been playing too much Red Dead Redemption, probably, I like when the rain hit's the screen and leaves drops :lol

·
3,054 Posts
The drops on the screen would be a sweet touch but maybe not all over the screen, just a few drops here and there. I'd also recommend changing 'the perfect storm' text, I'm really not feeling that at all. The font style doesn't look right.

·
Unlimited Potential
3,048 Posts
The drops on the screen would be a sweet touch but maybe not all over the screen, just a few drops here and there. I'd also recommend changing 'the perfect storm' text, I'm really not feeling that at all. The font style doesn't look right.
Thanks for the feedback, TC.

An example of the font style you think would look right will be appreciated.

·
3,054 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, TC.

An example of the font style you think would look right will be appreciated.
For starters I'd have 100% opacity on the text. I wouldn't use text where certain bits are extended.

I'd probably use an eroded font for it like you did, but from here http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=107&fpp=50&text=THE+PERFECT+STORM

Plane Crash, Thin Press, Primma Handmade, A Love of Thunder, Viper Nova, Dead Kansas etc etc would look a lot better. Or use a font like Ash (just search for it), and erode it yourself with various brushes.

159 Posts
Hey guys...I recently started doing signatures after my brother (ChampviaDQ) started...so pretty recently. I get enough constructive criticism from him but I'd like to know what you guys think.

I know it's plain and has no text, but it's one of my first ones and I like it. Maybe some ideas on what to add/change?

This Rey Mysterio signature is my pride and joy so far, I still need to add text and a border but it will be my personal signature once my brother gets Photoshop back.

This one right here is up for grabs if anyone wants it, just make sure you officially claim it just so there's not more than one person with the same sig.

~ PG

·
3,054 Posts
Right since we're keeping it in one thread, what are you guys thinking about my recent stuff?

- kinda pissed off this hasn't been used.

Hadn't used photoshop in a long while, so was kinda rusty. Feeling it a bit more now.

·
3,884 Posts
Last sig for the foreseeable future. Got a couple of projects going in the real world, one of them designing for my friend's clothing company. Pretty stoked, It's always nice to make money doing what you love, next best thing to being a gigolo.

EDIT: My younger brother Praetorian Guard will for sure keep making sigs to gain experience, although he's been busy making 'cover photos' for his friend's on Facebook, lol.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Right since we're keeping it in one thread, what are you guys thinking about my recent stuff?

- kinda pissed off this hasn't been used.
I use it, I used it for a while before using Champviadq's, like I said in my request thread I'll rotate them, seems unfair to use just one. Evolution told me about a website that rotates them automatically but I followed the instructions and it just posted a link in my sig, so I do it manually every few days, I don't post that much so perhaps you just haven't seen me using it yet, it's my desktop background as well.

anyway, I just made a sig for starbuck's request, it is my very first attempt at anything graphics related so I'm 100% aware it needs improvement, be harsh as possible, that way I can improve more.

·
3,054 Posts
I use it, I used it for a while before using Champviadq's, like I said in my request thread I'll rotate them, seems unfair to use just one. Evolution told me about a website that rotates them automatically but I followed the instructions and it just posted a link in my sig, so I do it manually every few days, I don't post that much so perhaps you just haven't seen me using it yet, it's my desktop background as well.
I hadn't seen it used at all to be fair.

1 - 20 of 1679 Posts