Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
WAR? The WWE cancelled that show ages ago. Raw won the, well war, with WAR ZONE. >:)

In all seriousness I am digging the LAX vs. Patron story line. Funny how LAX is really getting over considering only a few people agreed with me so many months ago that maybe they should reboot them. Yea I am patting myself on the back. It is not often one of my ideas pans out :mark

·
Registered
100 Posts
I hope we've moved on from the "we've kidnapped your father to gain your loyalty" portion of this story. If that worked, Taken would have been a hella short film. Still, I'm loving this incarnation of LAX. Feels more raw and visceral when they are in vicinity of the ring.

Well excited for Rosemary v Sienna too. Read the spoilers so long ago I forget who wins.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Pretty solid show over all. The KO match felt like they didn't reach their potential but a real good match. Wanted it in the main event but understand why not. It still got an important spot as it started the 2nd hour. The main event was good even with Homicide taking a quick pin. Post match beat down felt redundant and VOW didn't add any excitement to the mix.

·
Intoner
6,591 Posts
a good show, but they will struggle with crowd at 6 days marathon in august. since they dont need ONOs and have a big roster, I think taping 6 days will be easy, but the crowd will be bad. seems like a bug step back for JJ\Anthem regime.

- opener was fun, but what was the point of 5 minutes heelwork on Eddie? couldn't they just wrestle a normal match?
- davey gave as a good last match. ishimori is great as well
- another meh KOs gimmick match. not bad, but a weak finish ruined all good there were
- lee was great.
- meh main event, I wish Patron vs. Santana was atleast 10 minutes. that guy is very good

aside from crowd responce, nothing to complaing much. I like their flow of the show. 1 talking segment, one in ring segments and rest is matches with short breaks for backstage stuff

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
The last few weeks have shown what a huge mistake it was to take the belt off of Rosemary (and having her tap out to lose it is and will always be the stupidest finish possible). Things just aren't nearly as interesting with Sienna on top (she's rather boring).

I really hope that Homicide isn't reduced to being a job guy from now on.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Shitty this week. Fine example of bi-polar ratings

286K 0.06 demo #137

Reactions: Hencheman_21

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
a good show, but they will struggle with crowd at 6 days marathon in august. since they dont need ONOs and have a big roster, I think taping 6 days will be easy, but the crowd will be bad. seems like a bug step back for JJ\Anthem regime.
For some reason I was thinking they were only doing 4 days this time. Yea 6 is rough but they have a better schedule this time than the last one. Start off with "live" Thursday which should get a good crowd, than weekend taping with Friday thru Sunday and finally they finish with the Monday and Tuesday which will be down crowds. Hopefully since like you said no need for ONO they do not do matinee tapings on Saturday and Sunday.

·
Intoner
6,591 Posts
No Shera for 4 weeks. Not like I' against it, but Sony Six might be.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Just finished watching the second half of the show. The first hour had better action with the 6 man tag and Ishimori vs. Richards. Knockouts match.....something seemed off. It was lacking intensity. I enjoyed Lee taking the count out loss so he wouldn't lose his title. Two things I would have liked to see different in the main event. I wish Homicide and Ortiz wore down El Patron more. Or in Homicides case, not lose in ten seconds. The other would have been Santana getting a cheap win over a tired champion. They could have used this for a reason for a title defense on a future show. Even if we all know Santana wasn't going to win the belt it still could have led to a main event level match between the two. You could still do the LAX beat down and the group save at the end. Maybe this leads to a 4 on 4 match at some point.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts