Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend that just got back from college for Thanksgiving and I were talking about things and catching up when he mentioned that he had went to the WWE Fan Appreciation show in Connecticut a few months back and was looking to get back into wrestling.

He hasn't watched since 2002, though, and is really confused with a lot of things. Since I'm not one to buy any DVD's or merchandise, what's a good way to get him caught up on what he has missed over the past 8 years? I mean, I can only to begin to explain to much.

Any good recommendations?

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Depends on your version of "Catching up", if he's looking to jump straight back in from 2002 and watch from then, you can find various wrestling torrent sites, or even the multimedia section on this forum for collections of Raw, Smackdown and PPVs.

If he's looking to say, start watching the current product from next week, then i'm sure someone on the forum can summarise the past few years alot better than I could (i'm the same as your friend and only started watching again last year).

EDIT: And to be honest, he probably should download the old stuff and rewatch. He'll notably see things such as the rise of Cena / Orton to faces of the company, the end of Rock and Austins careers. And the more entertaining stuff such as Evolution, or even the rise of Batista, '02 to the current product is a great time to be a wrestling fan to be honest, I had alot of enjoyment out of catching up.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I missed 2001-2006 and I'm still trying to catch up.

·
Registered
934 Posts
People won't get back into it unless they actually want to. I guess it's because of the perception of pro-wrestling by society etc. If you try to get a friend into wrestling hardcore they are going to laugh at you.

Show him a few awesome youtube highlight packages from WWE. Tell him about your favorite personalities and maybe some of his. Etc.

·
8,232 Posts
Not even kidding, I got about 6 or 7 of my buddies/cousins back into it, if not more. They're regular followers now, and actually enjoy the product.

The stoners love TNA, hahaha.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Rewinding history might make this friend jaded. The current wwe product probably needs a blank slate to take it seriously. Your friend probably watched during the attitude era which is the best time for wrestling fans ever. I'd steer clear of telling him whats changed and just let him watch the new stuff with an open mind.

Oh and one other thing. Never let him log onto a wrestling forum. We become so jaded here. Take him to some live shows and talk to those fans. Those are the ones who will get your friend pumped again. Listening to us is only gonna make him hate wrestling =)

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Not even kidding, I got about 6 or 7 of my buddies/cousins back into it, if not more. They're regular followers now, and actually enjoy the product.

The stoners love TNA, hahaha.
Have you tried watching it sober? lol

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
More or less keep them updated with the current product and any questions you friend has over the situations answer them to the best of your knowledge. That's how I got a friend of mine back into it last year. Some things I would also recommend is watch some old episodes of Raw/SmackDown/Impact as well as various older PPVs. It's a solid way to get them caught up for the most part. Takes a little while to do so though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts