Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it the same with you guys. But ive noticed as ive gotten older my snack choices have matured. When i was young it was all about the sweets.
When ive older over-time i go a lot more for savory snacks.

I cant handle sweets like i used to. The shit upsets my stomach.
And my beverage choices as well.. As a kid i would main line pepsi/soda/pop.

But now i drink one can and im good. And go more towards coffee.
Is it the same with you?

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
I was never a big pop drinker to begin with, but once I got to college my taste buds shifted to tea, coffee, or juice most of the time and pop is only for special occasions.

I also find myself craving more savory and salty foods instead of sweet, but I do still like a piece of candy or some cake or ice cream ever so often. Pop is usually a treat now and not one I get often.

60,006 Posts
Speaking as one who is older now. my tastes have changed. Mostly I used to consume extremely spicy things and now it just doesnt sit right with me. I ended up having to change my diet anyways because I got hit with a case of diabetes from outta nowhere. I've eliminated nearly all sugar from my diet, I feel great but I miss sugar severely.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
I don't eat candy that much anymore. Never drank a lot of soda, 3-4 a week, but 2 months ago just stopped drinking it. Haven't had one since. Drink a lot of red bull tho. Eat a lot of pizza. I have a good metabolism. Exercise quit a bit so.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Speaking as one who is older now. my tastes have changed. Mostly I used to consume extremely spicy things and now it just doesnt sit right with me. I ended up having to change my diet anyways because I got hit with a case of diabetes from outta nowhere. I've eliminated nearly all sugar from my diet, I feel great but I miss sugar severely.
Try splenda. It mimics sugar fairly well.

·
F*ck off I'm drinking
5,658 Posts
I used to drink/eat whatever I wanted, sweets and fast food and drinks with 90% sugar in them NO FUCKS GIVEN. I didn't even get fat because my metabolism was superb, so I couldn't care less.

Now I mostly eat fruits/vegetables, fresh meat/fish and drink nothing but water (non alcoholic). Can't even remember the last time I had chocolate or something like that and fast food is totally gone. And spicy food makes me shit blood, so getting older is literally a pain in the ass.

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
I'm 21 and I've always generally preferred savoury over sweets anyway food-wise. I still love my soft drinks (or soda or pop as Americans say) but food-wise they've never done much for me. I don't particulary care for chocolate, I don't mind chocolate coated things like a Kit Kat but even then I've probably unknowingly gone months without eating chocolate and not even known, whereas some people literally crave it.

I still love junk food too, like potato chips etc. but I'd honestly rather a meal like a good steak and vegetables than sitting down eating potato chips but obviously it's a lot more convenient to open a packet than to prepare a meal.

Coffee I like, but again I'll go months without having it - I do genuinely like it but I'm not like 80% of the people I know where it's either they don't drink it or drink 3+ cups a day and can't function without it.

I think eating habits more come down to whether you can be fucked or not. I mean I'd love to live on eating things like Salmon and salads which are good for you and proper meals, but the annoying thing is it's basically the healthier you eat the more effort and money is required. A McDonald's meal is like $5, but to have a healthy meal like Salmon and vegetables takes time and is more expensive. I think it just comes down to how much you care.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Have only drank carbonated drinks a handful of times in the last seven years and very infrequently drink anything besides water/milk or protein shakes. It isn't because it is non enjoyable but that I've just grown accustomed to hitting a high water frequency and drinking other liquids is harder to keep track of and suffice especially when out during the day. Preferably I'd rather eat my carbs than drink them as food makes me more satiated.

·
The Grey
3,009 Posts
i used to love dairy but i almost never have it now, no milk, yogurt, nothing dairy.

also, i stopped drinking everything except water and coffee, i only have a can of pop like every 3 weeks. (still drink booze though, lol)

as far as food changes, idk, used to love all the bad stuff (who doesn't) but i realized a long time ago you don't need it and your body doesn't even know what to do with it, when you eat a lot of gluten you will most definitely get digestion issues and it isn't worth it.

and I usually fast all day and eat one big meal to get all my daily calories in, tastes way better if you wait, and you have crazy energy if you fast all day.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I now prefer teas, baked goods and cheeses over colas and whatnot.

I also find that most fast food upsets my stomach for days. That could be American vs Canadian food guidelines though. I miss my home country from time to time.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
I used to be a pop fiend at one time. 7up, Coke, when I was really young Pepsi, regular and diet. Acid reflux disease stopped that. Nothing like gasping for air while having your throat and lungs burn with stomach acid to curb bad dietary habits. That is scary and hurts! I quit the soda as well as all spicy foods. No more jalapeno cheese bread. I stay away from things with real mint oil in them too. (It's often bad for reflux, believe it or not.)

I've always liked hot tea and can drink it with no reaction. After giving up soda I started drinking more (usually decaf) coffee, iced tea, and water. Again, with no harmful effects. Aside from a very occasional beer or glass of wine, that is all I drink these days. Used to love rum and vodka drinks, but not anymore.

I have gotten away from eating chocolate too as I have gotten older. I prefer fruit and cinnamon or vanilla geared desserts when I indulge now.

Reactions: CJ

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Went from really liking sweats, to a few years of disliking sweats and craving foods high in protein. Now I like sweats again, and mainline soda daily, but I still really like high protein foods. In particular chicken and turkey.

Oh, and in January, I went to Subway like umpteen times, and got ham and turkey with extra chipotle. The freshness of a sandwich with the spiciness of pepperjack cheese.

So even though I use to crave sweats, and do now, there was definitely a time where eating a donut would have made me sick. Maybe all that raw cookie dough threw everything out of balance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts