Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or I should say attempting to get her over as a babyface. What was the point of weeks of teaming with Eva and then feuding with her if they're just going to turn her? They could have just debuted her as a heel. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would’ve liked to have seen more of the Doudrop/Eva Marie tag team they had going in the beginning before they pulled the plug. The whole “Doudrop scores the pin while Eva does nothing” could’ve gone on a bit longer. At least it would’ve given the women’s tag division some character.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Doing anything with Piper in WWE is a waste of time.

Vince will never see her as anything but a fat object of ridicule. We won't see any serious matches or feuds, no character work, no opportunity for the quality wrestling that she is known to be capable of. It's a really sad state of affairs.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I think she's dropping the Doudrop gimmick and going back to her Viper Piper ways like she was in NXT UK. Wild how I heard she's taking Nia Jax spot but if it means her getting at the Raw Women's Championship? Then I'm all for it!

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Doing anything with Piper in WWE is a waste of time.

Vince will never see her as anything but a fat object of ridicule. We won't see any serious matches or feuds, no character work, no opportunity for the quality wrestling that she is known to be capable of. It's a really sad state of affairs.
I think they did build her character somewhat as a face and the fat ridicule stuff was honestly really tame. there have been lots of female wrestling gimmicks that revolved around being fat but Doudrop was probably done the most tasteful way thus far. though now I remember they tried doing something similar with Nia Jax when she was feuding with Alexa and Nia was a face at mania and WWE turned Nia very shortly back to being a heel after the feud was over so even then that felt like a waste of time. WWE was probably hoping doing a body positive type of angle would get some good PR and it either failed to happen or the Doudrop merch wasn't selling. who knows

·
Waiting for Kawato
2,665 Posts
I think she's dropping the Doudrop gimmick and going back to her Viper Piper ways like she was in NXT UK. Wild how I heard she's taking Nia Jax spot but if it means her getting at the Raw Women's Championship? Then I'm all for it!
Agree with this. I think they basically wanted a replacement for Nia, and went with her. Big upgrade, so I ain't complaining. With Rhea and Bianca as their top babyfaces there was never going to be much room for her to go anywhere there. This way she's basically second after Becky.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I think they did build her character somewhat as a face and the fat ridicule stuff was honestly really tame. there have been lots of female wrestling gimmicks that revolved around being fat but Doudrop was probably done the most tasteful way thus far. though now I remember they tried doing something similar with Nia Jax when she was feuding with Alexa and Nia was a face at mania and WWE turned Nia very shortly back to being a heel after the feud was over so even then that felt like a waste of time. WWE was probably hoping doing a body positive type of angle would get some good PR and it either failed to happen or the Doudrop merch wasn't selling. who knows
I agree it was tame, but probably because WWE's ratings and reputation are already in the toilet, so they were trying to avoid more bad PR while still following Vince's edict of "FAT CHICKS! LOL"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts