Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I understand you don't like those particular talents OP, I don't either, but let's be real. How much TV time do these guys even get? None of these guys are even on TV, only DARK, except for Marko who is a sidekick and Janela/Kiss who have been on a grand total of maybe 4 Dynamite episodes over the course of 11 months. They are in fact off your TV 90% of the time. But yes, not seeing them at all would make the show feel more elite to the viewer. At the same time, they do no harm either. Anyone who truly dislikes them with half a brain will just skip their segments if they are an actual fan of the show.
One bad apple can spoil the bunch
these clowns existence in the company at all brings the company down a few levels
and you know these wannabe PRO wrestlers will NEVER get on the level of other more deserving talents, anyone "with half a brain" can figure that out
there are other free agents right now that can wipe the floor with these clowns in terms of pure talent
but to bad they are not friends with the EVPs

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
i knew they were trolling since the first page of this thread
because none of them had an actual argument other than "you just don't like them"
or "You have a very narrow minded view of wrestling"
this tells me only one thing <<<<<snowflakes>>>>
they actually think it's cool to troll someone just because he have a different opinion
they probably thought they were being really cool by blindly defending carnival show freaks
well, the joke is on them i guess
here we are 6 pages into this thread, and i'm still comfortably saying that these clowns are NOT PRO wrestlers
no matter how the <<snowflakes>> try to blindly convince themselves
english is not my first language and i think this is obvious from the few mistakes i made in spelling
but even with the language barrier i wasn't going to let snowflakes tell me what is the politically correct PRO wrestling should be nowadays
i wasn't raised to walk on eggshells around the politically correct snowflake fragile feelings
i'm brutally honest and whether people like it or not, their problem NOT mine
their biggest mistake is that they thought by ganging up and trolling i would bend the knee to the politically correct Gods
no personal insult is going to change my mind on what's right and what's wrong
no amount of snowflake trolls is going to do it either
i love AEW 100 times more than these snowflakes
if i don't give a shit about a product, i don't even watch it (i'm looking at you WWE)
i'm not one of those losers who waste time watching things they don't like just to complain
anyway, this was a battle for six long pages, but at the end i think it's obvious who wants the best for the company
and who are the snowflake politically correct frauds

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
11,243 Posts
The fact they get any TV time at all brings down those they're on screen with. They're not necessary for the 3rd best wrestling product in the world. They make the company look bush league. Also would you and the other people justifying their existence in AEW still be watching if they weren't there? Well if they weren't there I'd still be seriously invested in the company and so would many others. People flick over and see Stunt flossing and turn it right off, that is them gone for at least a week. And no, they're not off the tv 90% of the time. One of the tiny, joke wrestlers just beat my all time favourite wrestler twice. They could fill their time better, it's that simple.
I'm not disagreeing that they bring some of the people they are with down. But seeing them on TV once every blue moon doesn't give me the feeling of a "bush league" show. Because the next segment after is almost certain to be something I am interested in. 95% of the show is filled with stuff I am interested in. So I don't care about the occasional 5-8 min Nak or Kiss appearance every 5 months. We have been watching comedy characters in wrestling since the 90's, this shit has always been there and I'm assuming you've always blocked it out, so why not do the same for AEW? It's not like WCW or WWF was devoid of stuff that you could consider "garbage". So I don't understand why people are so strict when it comes to AEW.

A lot of people are seriously invested in the product and their audience is still growing despite these talents you don't like being on the show. OC beat your favorite wrestler which pissed you off, but it made a helluva lot of people happy given how over he is. A lot of people thought that filling their time with OC was a great way to fill it. You gotta see these things from every angle. Not just from the perception of you not being satisfied. Even I'm not an OC fan and hated the feud, but I understand why they pushed him and why he went over.

One bad apple can spoil the bunch
these clowns existence in the company at all brings the company down a few levels
and you know these wannabe PRO wrestlers will NEVER get on the level of other more deserving talents, anyone "with half a brain" can figure that out
there are other free agents right now that can wipe the floor with these clowns in terms of pure talent
but to bad they are not friends with the EVPs
I mean of course there is better out there, but some of you act like signing your friends to a company is not something that you would do if given the chance. Omega and Nakazawa are best friends IRL for example, would you not sign your jobber best friend to the company if it is agreed upon from the get-go that he would get NO national TV time and would mostly be relegated to DARK and a backstage role? Get real. Of course you'd help out your boy who you traveled the world with within a company you have massive control in. Or even in a more significant role like Matt Cardona. He's a family friend to Cody. I'm sure they have had tons of family dinners and whatnot. If you were in Cody's shoes, you wouldn't try to bring him in if he was in shape and able to go in the ring? Yeah right. These guys you listed do no real harm. Kiss and Janela drew big last Wednesday. Am I saying that its justification to push them or give them more TV time? Nah. I'm not a fan of those guys either and I'd rather not see them. But they are not killing the product either the few times every 6 months they are on TV.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I mean of course there is better out there, but some of you act like signing your friends to a company is not something that you would do if given the chance. Omega and Nakazawa are best friends IRL for example, would you not sign your jobber best friend to the company if it is agreed upon from the get-go that he would get NO national TV time and would mostly be relegated to DARK and a backstage role? Get real. Of course you'd help out your boy who you traveled the world with within a company you have massive control in.
Much smaller scale but one of my closest friends in wrestling who I've legit known since I was 16 and done a heap of traveling with was let go (Or I stopped booking him) at the start of the year. I won't get into why but he wasn't a good fit anymore for the promotion and he understood. We're still friends (At least on my end) but I won't be really booking him post pandemic either.

Maybe I'm a prick but if you're not a good fit anymore (Or at all in Nakazawa's case) then it's fine to say "Hey man, you're my buddy but you're not a good fit anymore. I'm sorry"

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wow @ the AEW fanboys in this thread...

OP has criticisms and a different opinion, get fucking over it. Some of us are not blinded by pure fanboyism. And like Chip said, some of you shat all over Stunt, Janella and co a few months ago. And now you're defending them?

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
11,243 Posts
Much smaller scale but one of my closest friends in wrestling who I've legit known since I was 16 and done a heap of traveling with was let go (Or I stopped booking him) at the start of the year. I won't get into why but he wasn't a good fit anymore for the promotion and he understood. We're still friends (At least on my end) but I won't be really booking him post pandemic either.

Maybe I'm a prick but if you're not a good fit anymore (Or at all in Nakazawa's case) then it's fine to say "Hey man, you're my buddy but you're not a good fit anymore. I'm sorry"
Aye man no judgment here. Sometimes it is what it is. If people look at you as a prick within your promotion then that's their problem, you're the one that's running the thing. The time may come when guys like Marko, Luther, and Kiss get released as well. People always forget how new the company is. They're literally having their first Anniversary in 3 weeks. Releases are more than likely to come eventually. I'm sure Jimmy Havoc wasn't hated backstage but he also wasn't a good fit from my POV. I'm assuming it was mostly because of the trouble he was in as to why he was let go, but much like the other guys on OP's list, I saw no real value in him in the ring or out, so Tony may have had that same convo with him.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
I mean of course there is better out there, but some of you act like signing your friends to a company is not something that you would do if given the chance. Omega and Nakazawa are best friends IRL for example, would you not sign your jobber best friend to the company if it is agreed upon from the get-go that he would get NO national TV time and would mostly be relegated to DARK and a backstage role? Get real. Of course you'd help out your boy who you traveled the world with within a company you have massive control in. Or even in a more significant role like Matt Cardona. He's a family friend to Cody. I'm sure they have had tons of family dinners and whatnot. If you were in Cody's shoes, you wouldn't try to bring him in if he was in shape and able to go in the ring? Yeah right. These guys you listed do no real harm. Kiss and Janela drew big last Wednesday. Am I saying that its justification to push them or give them more TV time? Nah. I'm not a fan of those guys either and I'd rather not see them. But they are not killing the product either the few times every 6 months they are on TV.
man seriously? did you actually just said that Kiss and Janela drew big last Wednesday?
so you just going to ignore that a wrestling legend along with a legit MMA fighter were in the ring?

and do you watch the show regularly?
you actually saying that Kiss and Janela are there few times every 6 months!!!
i must be watching a different dynamite then

plus you're saying that it's fine to hire your friends just to help them regardless if they deserve it or not?
what's the name of this business strategy?
and yes i'm getting real, i wouldn't hire my brother if he isn't good enough

if you choose to present a product to the people
then it's your obligation to deliver the best of what you have
but if you sometimes offer a lesser product when you have better in your inventory
then you're just forcing garbage on people.
it's simple

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,730 Posts
They do have a lot of dead weight on the roster like Janela, Kiss, Stunt, Avalon and Luthor (among some others) Luckily they're mostly kept on Dark. They're roster is stacked with talent so no need for any of them to be on TV.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
They do have a lot of dead weight on the roster like Janela, Kiss, Stunt, Avalon and Luthor (among some others) Luckily they're mostly kept on Dark. They're roster is stacked with talent so no need for any of them to be on TV.
then why hire dead weight in the first place?
and unfortunately they are not being kept on dark, they are regularly on dynamite
stunt alone nowadays always gets involved someway with matches or other wrestlers promos

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Worked into a shoot by a short guy and a gay guy.
1-being gay is not the problem nor should it ever be
but unfortunately that's the only qualification he is hired for (since he's not a pro wrestler)
2-not short but midget, and midgets fighting giants = cartoon network

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
I love how OP uses the word snowflakes so many times, it's funny because the geek lacks complete self-awarness because he's the triggered baby complaining about lower-card guys :LOL: What a geek who doesn't know what wrestling is today.
very obvious and weak attempt at trolling snowflake
try again

·
Premium Member
11,456 Posts
Ah, the old "you're out of touch" excuse. Right out of the Jim Cornette playbook.
He is out of touch. Whether he likes or you like it or not, everyone signed and competing in the ring, is a professional wrestler. Cry me a river.

very obvious and weak attempt at trolling snowflake
try again
You're pathetic. :ROFLMAO:

I feel sorry for all these people lmao.

You know if last week Janela/Kiss would have lost viewers, those low-life losers would have gone ape-shit and spent all the past week complaining to fire them. But because they're in the highest rated segment, losers like OP and the usual trolls have to now say they are not "pro wrestlers".

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
He is out of touch. Whether he likes or you like it or not, everyone signed and competing in the ring, is a professional wrestler. Cry me a river.

You're pathetic. :ROFLMAO:

I feel sorry for all these people lmao.

You know if last week Janela/Kiss would have lost viewers, those low-life losers would have gone ape-shit and spent all the past week complaining to fire them. But because they're in the highest rated segment, losers like OP and the usual trolls have to now say they are not "pro wrestlers".
one more time, you're almost there trolly mctroll
maybe this time you'll come up with a smart one
still waiting for an actual argument other than "you're out of touch"
they ARE PRO wrestlers, but only in your fantasy world
ps: personal insults only proves my judgment snowflake

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Guy is trying to argue a technicality. Yes, technically they are professional wrestlers but they are bad ones. AEW could sign me to be a wrestler for them tomorrow and I'd be a contracted professional wrestler. It doesn't mean I'm any good or have anything to offer.

What VIP is trying to argue is that they're not "legitimate pro wrestlers" meaning they don't have any credibility and he's right about that. The 10 or so guys AEW has that we all agree should move on could be replaced by 10 others who are better AND more marketable.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just watched Megabite Ronnie and his hot dog elbow drop, there is a candidate for TV never again

Whats next suplexing invisible opponents?

Going to watch some Puroesu and rememeber when I wasnt embarrased to be a Wrestling fan

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Just watched Megabite Ronnie and his hot dog elbow drop, there is a candidate for TV never again

Going to watch some Puroesu and rememeber when I wasnt embarrased to be a Wrestling fan
I will probably regret asking this but who is Megabite Ronnie and what is his hot dog elbow drop?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #140

i just watched it
i got second hand embarrassment

121 - 140 of 171 Posts