Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
ok i'll make it simple
1-these people don't deserve to be called pro wrestlers because they don't have the qualifications to deserve it
their in ring work and their look doesn't fit the criteria
2-their are other people in the company that deserve this tv time much much more (even if it's on dark)
3-main event talent can't get over by beating midgets in the ring
can't get over by beating sonny kisses in the ring
so they are useless even as jobbers

i hope it was very simple this time
You have a very narrow minded view of wrestling. It's clear to me now.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
my (Get off my TV) list

Marko Stunt

Joey Janela

Luther

Michael Nakazawa

Peter Avalon

Sonny Kiss

Brandon Cutler (for his stupid wrestling gear)

big swole

releasing these people will make the company more "Elite"
Any other additions ?
Other additions include but not limited to:

Nyla Rose

Vickie Guerrero

Orange Cassidy

Best Friends

SCU

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Snowflake meaning
here is a source
so when i said snowflakes, i was literally accurate

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Other additions include but not limited to:

Nyla Rose

Vickie Guerrero

Orange Cassidy

Best Friends

SCU
actually Nyla Rose can be a god talent if she is used the right way
and SCU are important because the company needs their experience

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Don't worry OP it's just hit 10 AM here in Australia, here come the cavalry.

First, what a surprise that this new guy expresses some concerns about the talent that AEW hires and is personally attacked, told he doesn't know what he is talking about and put on ignore by the "AEW loyalists". Never have I ever seen this same song and dance before.

Second, he's totally correct. Pro Wrestling in it's most basic form is "working" the audience into believing that a fight is real and that the people in the ring could legitimately beat another person in combat. My girlfriend saw Marko Stunt once and laughed saying she could take him in a fight, OC, Avalon, Nakazawa, Janela and Brandon Cutler all look like retail workers. Nothing against retail but wrestlers shouldn't resemble the guy who sells you a laptop computer when you need one. As for Sonny Kiss, someone posted here that their wife thought Sonny was a woman. Say no more.

Third, sometimes we as fans can overlook a wrestlers look if they're exceptionally talented but none of these guys are. Straight up, there are guys wrestling here in Australia in front of 100-200 people who are more talented in ring than all of those people. I am sure the same rings true in the United States where AEW could find 10 guys from the local indies alone to replace these clowns.

Fourth, the AEW loyalists should be just as keen to get rid of these clowns because they turn the casual wrestling fan from AEW. A local wrestling show aired a TV special on TV here recently and I watched it, they had a guy who must have been maybe 65-70 kilograms wrestling and doing random shitty flips for no reason. That's the time I took the chance to go to the toilet and stop watching until the real men and women came back on.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Matt Cardona can fuck off. Jim Ross also butchered his debut by having to mention the pointless fact of him being a big wrestling action figures collector. That was another way of saying "here's a wrestling nerd in AEW!" not like we need anymore dorks in this company (in the wrestling world in general lately) That was pointless in my opinion. Young Fucks have no personality and barely a shred of charisma. Their matches aren't really that of substance but that of a typical gymnastics routine. Get lost.

Marko Stunt, Best Friends & Jungle Boy can go fuck themselves. They are not compelling characters at all.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I'm confused as to why people have such a problem with someone thinking some of the roster aren't good enough to warrant a job wrestling (badly) for arguably the number two wrestling company in the world?

Compare it to a real sport. If you're a footballer and you sign for a big (or any) club and prove yourself to not be at the required level then you get dropped and then eventually sold to a lesser club that better fits your level. Are we supposed to love and support everyone despite some completely lacking in the talent to deserve to be there?

The likes of Marko Stunt and Sonny Kiss shouldn't be anywhere near a wreatling company that are trying to establish themselves as being part of the "big time". There will always be examples like them, but it doesn't mean people have to like it.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Matt Cardona can fuck off. Jim Ross also butchered his debut by having to mention the pointless fact of him being a big wrestling action figures collector. That was another way of saying "here's a wrestling nerd in AEW!" not like we need anymore dorks in this company (in the wrestling world in general lately) That was pointless in my opinion. Young Fucks have no personality and barely a shred of charisma. Their matches aren't really that of substance but that of a typical gymnastics routine. Get lost.

Marko Stunt, Best Friends & Jungle Boy can go fuck themselves. They are not compelling characters at all.
I don't have a major problem with him but it cracks me up when Jungle Boy is spoken about like some sort of big future star. Decent at best in the ring but a horrendous look, zero mic ability and no obvious charisma to speak of.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I'm confused as to why people have such a problem with someone thinking some of the roster aren't good enough to warrant a job wrestling (badly) for arguably the number two wrestling company in the world?
Because it's becoming increasingly obvious that absolutely ANY criticism of AEW even if it is entirely warranted will lead to a blind love of the promotion and an argument ensuing.

Three months ago the likes of lifeincattleclass, Erik etc openly admitted that guys like Janela and Stunt were garbage but reasoned it with "I fast forward through the stuff that doesn't interest me". Debates ensued with these people but it was kind of nice knowing that they knew it was silly also.

We're now at the stage where these guys will gang up and bully someone for 6 pages just because they don't agree. Personal attacks, "Well, you disagree so I'm ignoring you!" is the battle cry for many on here, the likes of Erik, LICC etc will defend the likes of Stunt and Janela now until the very end as realisation sets in more and more that this is what AEW is going to be.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
11,243 Posts
I understand you don't like those particular talents OP, I don't either, but let's be real. How much TV time do these guys even get? None of these guys are even on TV, only DARK, except for Marko who is a sidekick and Janela/Kiss who have been on a grand total of maybe 4 Dynamite episodes over the course of 11 months. They are in fact off your TV 90% of the time. But yes, not seeing them at all would make the show feel more elite to the viewer. At the same time, they do no harm either. Anyone who truly dislikes them with half a brain will just skip their segments if they are an actual fan of the show.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I understand you don't like those particular talents OP, I don't either, but let's be real. How much TV time do these guys even get? None of these guys are even on TV, only DARK, except for Marko who is a sidekick and Janela/Kiss who have been on a grand total of maybe 4 Dynamite episodes over the course of 11 months. They are in fact off your TV 90% of the time. But yes, not seeing them at all would make the show feel more elite to the viewer. At the same time, they do no harm either. Anyone who truly dislikes them with half a brain will just skip their segments if they are an actual fan of the show.
The fact they get any TV time at all brings down those they're on screen with. They're not necessary for the 3rd best wrestling product in the world. They make the company look bush league. Also would you and the other people justifying their existence in AEW still be watching if they weren't there? Well if they weren't there I'd still be seriously invested in the company and so would many others. People flick over and see Stunt flossing and turn it right off, that is them gone for at least a week. And no, they're not off the tv 90% of the time. One of the tiny, joke wrestlers just beat my all time favourite wrestler twice. They could fill their time better, it's that simple.

101 - 120 of 171 Posts