Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I figured if anyone had any questions about the Georgia Dome, we could post them here...

GEORGIA DOME
1 Georgia Dome Drive Northwest
Atlanta, GA 30313
(404) 223-4000
http://www.gadome.com/

SEATING CHART

VIRTUAL SEATING CHART (See what your view will look like from your seats!)
http://www.gadome.com/events_ticketi...ng_Charts.aspx

DOME FACTS

Structure:

* A total of 8,300 tons of reinforced steel was used to construct the Dome. That is more than the weight of iron and steel used in the Eiffel Tower.
* A 437-mile sidewalk, from Atlanta to Cincinnati, could be built from the 110,000 cubic yards of concrete used at the Dome.
* The building covers 8.9 acres and contains 1.6 million square feet on all seven levels.
* The 290-foot high roof is composed of 130 Teflon-coated fiberglass panels - covering 8.6 acres. The roof's supporting cable totals 11.1 miles and the Dome is as tall as a 27-story building.

Capacity:

* There are 8 Super Suites, 164 executive suites, the Penthouse Suite and 4,600 club seats. The Dome's permanent seating capacity is 71,250.
* The Dome has three times the code-required number of restrooms - all are accessible to guests with disabilities.
* A pair of C-5 military transport planes could fit on the Georgia Dome's floor, which contains 102,000 square feet of space.

Utilities:

* 798 lighting fixtures in the roof structure provide lighting.
* The four, 1,250-ton air conditioning units in the Georgia Dome generate enough power to cool 1,666 homes.
* Over 660 television monitors are scattered throughout the stadium.
* To supply soft drinks to dispensers, thousands of liquid lines wind through the stadium. These include 32,952 feet of lines (the length of 109 football fields) to feed liquids to hundreds of dispensers throughout the building, quenching the thirst of sports fans and concertgoers.

OVERVIEW

The Georgia Dome, the largest cable-supported domed stadium in the world, opened in 1992. Located in downtown Atlanta, the Dome is the home venue for the Atlanta Falcons, host to Super Bowl XXVIII and XXXIV, host of the gymnastics and basketball events for the 1996 Olympic Games and host to both a Men's and Women's NCAA Final Four. Annually, the Dome hosts the Bank of America Atlanta Football classic, the SEC Football Championship and the Chick-fil-A Bowl. The Dome is equipped to handle large non-sporting events which include everything from major trade shows to concerts by such entertainers as the Rolling Stones and U2 to religious events by such ministers as Billy Graham and T.D. Jakes.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS

The Georgia Dome is located to the immediate west of the downtown Atlanta area on the corner of Northside Drive and Georgia Dome Drive. The Dome is also accessible by the MARTA rail system via Vine City and Georgia Dome stations. Parking is at a premium on event days, so taking MARTA is recommended.

From I-75 S:

* R Exit 252 - Northside Dr. Cross North Avenue and Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd. The Georgia Dome will be on your left (about 3.3 miles).

From I-85 S:

* Exit-249C Williams Street.
* R Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd (first light after exiting highway).
* L Northside Drive. The Dome will be on your left.

From I-75/85 N Connector:

* Exit-246 Downtown, Central Ave. Take Central Ave. to Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.
* L Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
* R Northside Drive. The Dome will be on your right.

From I-20 E:

* L Exit-56B Spring Street

From I-20 W:

* Exit-58A Spring-Windsor Street.
* R Spring Street

PARKING INFORMATION

INGRESS

* The only Georgia World Congress Center Authority owned/managed parking lots available to the public during Falcons games include the Green and Yellow Lots. All lots open at 6:00 am and the fee is $15.00. All other GWCCA lots are for pass-holders only.
* The Yellow Lot on Ivan Allen Boulevard will be accessible by taking the first right traveling westbound between Marietta Street and Northside Drive.
* The Green Lot is located on Marietta Street between Andrew Young International Boulevard and Baker Street.

EGRESS

* The Northside Drive corridor will be the most efficient exit for patrons traveling to the north side of Atlanta. There will be fully staffed intersections from the Georgia Dome Drive/Northside Drive intersection to the Northside Drive/Interstate 75 on-ramps. Northside Drive will also have three lanes operating northbound until the North Avenue intersection where it will return to normal lanes of traffic.
* All patrons exiting the Yellow Lot will be directed west and north onto Northside Drive. There will not be an option of exiting southbound or eastbound from the Yellow Lot.
* Ivan Allen Boulevard will use all four lanes for egress from Northside Drive to Luckie Street with the far left lane being used to turn left onto Luckie Street. The remaining three lanes will lead to Williams Street with the inside and middle lanes being used as turning lanes and access to the northbound 75/85 Connector and the right lane being used for the southbound 75/85 Connector. Please note the HOV entrance from Williams Street will be used for all travelers regardless of the number of passengers in the vehicle for one hour after the ending of the event.
* Due to the Mitchell Street bridge construction project, expect delays in any parking areas within a one block radius of the Mangum Street/Mitchell Street intersection.

OTHER INFORMATION

ALCOHOL

* Alcoholic beverages may not be taken out of the Georgia Dome.
* Can, bottles, coolers, alcohol may not be brought into the Georgia Dome.

ATM

* Guests can access ATM Machines at all gates, Club North and South Lounges, aisles U10, U15, U36, U43 and U51.

BABY CHANGING STATIONS

* Each restroom throughout the Georgia Dome contains a baby changing station.

BACKPACKS/BAGS

* Backpacks and large bags over 8.5” wide x 13” long x 5” deep are not permitted.
* All persons, small bags and purses are subject to inspection.

BALLOONS

* The Dome prohibits gas filled balloons.

BANNERS AND SIGNS

* Hand-held banners may be no larger than 3'x '3.

BICYCLE PARKING

* The Dome has no specific designated bicycle parking area.

CAMERAS

* Small personal cameras are allowed.
* Professional cameras and cameras with interchangeable lens are prohibited.
* Lens must not exceed 6” and camera bag must not be
larger than 8 ½ wide x 13” long x 5” deep.

CHILDREN’S ENTRY POLICY

* For most events, children less than 33” in height may enter without a ticket.
* A child who enters without a ticket must sit in a guardian’s lap, and may not interfere with the sightlines of other guests.

DESIGNATED DRIVER

* Guests who choose not to drink can serve as their party's designated drivers and win prizes and tickets to Dome events. Register as a designated driver at a Dome Service Center to be eligible.

DIRECTIONS

* Driving Directions

ENTRY

* Public gates are Gates, A, B, Upper Gate C, Lower Gate C, Upper Gate D and Lower Gate D.
* Open gates may vary based on event.
* For event-specific information please click here.

FOOD

* No food or beverages are allowed to be brought inside the Dome.
* Patrons with special dietary or medical requirements may request a letter of approval from the Dome's General Manager at least 72 hours prior to the event.

FLAGS

* Flags no larger than 3' x 8' may be affixed to all railings (except the lower level near the field) with rope, twine, or plastic tie wraps (wire or tape may not be used).

LAPTOPS

* Laptops and iPads are allowed inside the Dome.

LASER POINTERS

* Laser pointers are not permitted inside the Georgia Dome.

LOST AND FOUND

* Lost items left in the seating bowl will be brought to the nearest Dome Service Center located at each gate. After the event, guest may call GWCCA Public Safety at (404)223-4911 to claim their lost items the next business day.

MERCHANDISE

* Guest can purchase event specific merchandise throughout the Georgia Dome.
* On Falcons game days only, falcons merchandise can be purchased at the Falcons Team Stores located at Aisles L17, L43, U21 and on the Club Level.

NOISE MAKING DEVICES

* Artificial noisemakers are not permitted inside the Dome.

NURSING MOTHERS

* Guest with specific needs should be directed to the nearest First Aid room. Attendants may be able to assist with a private area.

PARKING

* There are nine parking lots and decks for Georgia Dome guest: Gold, Silver, Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Orange, Purple and Brown.
* The Silver lot is normally designated for media and accessible only.
* The Gold and Red Decks require special credentials on major events.

PORTABLE TELEVISIONS

* Lap-sized portable televisions are welcome into the Dome, provided they are equipped with earphones

PROHIBITED ITEMS

* Alcohol
* Animals (except certified, leashed service animals)
* Artificial noisemakers (including air horns)
* Back Packs
* Balloons
* Bottles and cans
* Bicycle and skateboard
* Confetti
* Coolers
* Fireworks, sparklers or smoke-producing devices of any kind
* Flagpoles or sticks
* Frisbees
* "Heelies", rollerblades and scooters
* Illegal drugs
* Inflatable balls
* Large Bags
* Laser Pointers
* Silly String
* Video Cameras, unless permitted by the show
* Weapons

RADIOS

* Radios are welcome into the Dome, provided they are equipped with earphones.

RE-ENTRY

* For most events, re-entry is not allowed. Guests who wish to smoke may obtain a smoking wristband from the nearest Dome Service Center and exit and re-enter the designated smoking exit doors.

SMOKING

* The Georgia Dome is a smoke-free environment.
* Smoking is permitted outside of designated, identified entry gates.
* If you wish to smoke, pick up a wristband at a Dome Service Center and proceed to designated smoking areas outside the facility.
* You must present your wristband and your ticket to re-enter the Georgia Dome.

STROLLERS

* The Georgia Dome welcomes guests with stroller, as long as they do not prohibit the normal flow of traffic or take up a space designated for persons with disabilities. The Georgia Dome is not responsible for strollers left unattended.

TAG-A-KID PROGRAM

* The Tag-A-Kid program allow guests attending events with young children to obtain a bracelet displaying their name, parent's names, phone number and seat location to aid in the safe return of their children should they become separated. Tag-A-Kid bracelets are issued at the Dome Service Centers.

TAILGATING

* Tailgating before events is allowed in all Dome flat parking lots, and is specifically prohibited in the campus parking decks. Vehicles may take up only one parking space, and tailgating equipment may not extend beyond the parking space, or impede vehicle driving through the lot.

TAXIS

* For most events, taxis are available at Upper International Boulevard, around Phillips Arena, GWCC main entrance or the Omni Hotel International Plaza to the taxi stands.

TOURS

* The Georgia Dome hosts group tours of the stadium by appointment only. Please call (404) 223 TOUR for details.

VIDEO CAMERAS

* Video cameras are prohibited unless specified by the event.

AREA HOTELS
http://travel.travelocity.com/hotel...287888772182011&pathIndicator=HOTEL_FRONTDOOR

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a question...I got tickets in section 347 which is obviously the "nose bleeds", I have never been to the Georgia Dome before, has anyone here been there? Are these seats going to suck? They are at center ring, just a million feet up in the roof, will my view of the ring/action still be decent? Thanks.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,326 Posts
I haven't been to the Georgia Dome before but I've been to NFL Games and sat in the upper level before. The view is fine, I mean you're far away and everything but the whole, "they look like ants and you won't see a damn thing" is a myth.

What row are you in by the way? If you're in one of the first few rows you might have some amazing seats.

I'm in either section 244 or 225 (I know where I am in relation to the stage but can't remember which section) row 4 myself. They seem like great seats.

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't been to the Georgia Dome before but I've been to NFL Games and sat in the upper level before. The view is fine, I mean you're far away and everything but the whole, "they look like ants and you won't see a damn thing" is a myth.

What row are you in by the way? If you're in one of the first few rows you might have some amazing seats.

I'm in either section 244 or 225 (I know where I am in relation to the stage but can't remember which section) row 4 myself. They seem like great seats.
Row 3

·
Is a Snit Head
22,326 Posts
They're going to be great seats good view of everything. The only thing you'll miss out on is the little things they do in the match, like the facial expressions they make in the ring and stuff like that.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Just go here and click on the area you are sitting in for a rough idea of how far away you will be -

http://www.gadome.com/events_ticketing/ticketing/Seating_Charts.aspx

The Chart would suggest you are miles away from the action, but sitting towards the front of your section might be fine from the looks of the pics on the above site. Ive got a platinum package so ill be right up the front on the floor. I cant wait.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,326 Posts
Just go here and click on the area you are sitting in for a rough idea of how far away you will be -

http://www.gadome.com/events_ticketing/ticketing/Seating_Charts.aspx

The Chart would suggest you are miles away from the action, but sitting towards the front of your section might be fine from the looks of the pics on the above site. Ive got a platinum package so ill be right up the front on the floor. I cant wait.
His seats might be better than yours. It's cool sitting on the floor and everything but unless I'm in the first few rows I would rather be elevated. Not to mention if the camera is pointed at you kids and annoying adults just have to put there signs up and block your view all the time.

·
Registered
895 Posts
His seats might be better than yours. It's cool sitting on the floor and everything but unless I'm in the first few rows I would rather be elevated. Not to mention if the camera is pointed at you kids and annoying adults just have to put there signs up and block your view all the time.
Yep, thats pretty much the only thing im worried about. I still dont know where im sitting, only that im guaranteed first 10 rows from ringside. However its first in first served and i booked right away so im predicting atleast somewhere in the first 5 rows. Id be happy with that, but would have a fit if i got first row! Its my first mania so im going all out, but in future i dare say i will probably move into the stands, avoiding the floor and the riser sections aswell. To be honest i dont think theres many bad seats unless your right at the back on either end, anywhere around the middle of the stadium should be fine.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I'll be in section 108 row 26. Seems like my seats should be pretty good. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
69 Posts
My debate was: the hotel in the platinum package is a mile away from the stadium. Would you recommend walking or driving to the event?

It'd be kinda awkward walking a mile with a steel chair (first 10 rows) at 11:30p or midnight.

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My debate was: the hotel in the platinum package is a mile away from the stadium. Would you recommend walking or driving to the event?

It'd be kinda awkward walking a mile with a steel chair (first 10 rows) at 11:30p or midnight.
They let you keep the chair?

·
Registered
6,280 Posts

Honestly, how fit are you? Those chairs aren't light, you'll be physically/emotionally exhausted after the show, and the average low in Atlanta in March/April is around 40 degrees Fahrenheit. I say you walk to the event but take a taxi back to the hotel. That way you can avoid paying for parking but won't be utterly miserable after the show.

·
Registered
537 Posts
* Professional cameras and cameras with interchangeable lens are prohibited.
Do you think they really pay attention to that? I know sometimes it'll say things like this but if you bring it, they'll still let you in with it.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
my seats are are 137 row 9 ive seen the view on the chart but its always hard to judge cause its a ring not a field for mania..what do you guys think of these

·
Dragon Slayer
6,629 Posts
Anyone who is sitting on the very far ends might miss out on the titantron. I remember one RAW I was at we were at the 2nd section from the curtained area and were right at the edge of being able to see the screen. Im in section 245

You're in Atlanta. People will be walking with all sorts of crap. You won't stand out, plus people will think twice before messing with you ;)

Definitely walk. Never drive through a major city. If you really hate walking a mile (which is really a very short distance) MARTA is everywhere with buses and subways.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The permanent seat capicity is 71,250. I wonder how many of us will pack that place come April. I say 80,000 with all the floor seats!

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
The permanent seat capicity is 71,250. I wonder how many of us will pack that place come April. I say 80,000 with all the floor seats!
From what I heard its suppose to be around 80,000 which would break the record for attendance which as of right now is 75,892. I'm sure Mania will pass that by a good amount

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What sections does the WrestleMania 27 sign hang down at? I would assume that would block some fans viewing in the upper levels.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts