Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK at the Impact tapings, they said something about Morgan & Anderson facing each other for a title shot at Jeff Hardy. The match hasn't happened at the tapings yet, so I'm starting to think that this match will be held at Genesis. Which means that there will be no World Title match at the PPV.

I am actually perfectly ok with this. There is ZERO patience demonstrated in wrestling these days and everything is just rushed & the trigger is pulled at the PPV at the next month when I think big title matches should be spaced out to allow more time to build.

Again, I don't know if any of this is true because the spoilers are lacking in details and we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out on TV. But I'd be ok with a contenders match at the PPV and then the winner facing Hardy at a future event.

Now where does this leave Genesis? What will its main event be? Well, this is the part I'm excited for.

Tag Team Championship Match has been signed: MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS VS. BEER MONEY INC!!! Let them close the fucking show! They proved it at Victory Road. They did it five weeks in a row on Impact. NOBODY can follow them, so I say, why the hell not? Let them close the damn show. That would DEFINITELY be a worthwhile main event in my eyes. Its funny but when Hard Justice was turned into that ECW Reunion show and The Whole F'n Show put on TV, TNA actually missed out on my money by doing that because I would GLADLY paid full price to see the conclusion of the Best of Five Series between these two teams.

So based on what I'm reading here, I have this feeling that The Guns & Beer Money are going to get the closing spot at Genesis and I would be all in favor of it and I will say right now, World Title match or no World Title match, I will pay full price to see this PPV with this match on it.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
MCMG & Beer Money will tear down the house and will shit on anything that Morgan & Anderson can produce in the ring so why not

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
I think it's more likely to build to a three-way with Hardy, Morgan & Anderson with Hardy trying to stir dissension between Morgan & Anderson. Guns/Beer Money main eventing would be great, but I don't think they have faith in that as one.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yeah great idea. Even if we do get a World Title match (barre Hardy/Anderson or Hardy/RVD), Beer Money Vs MCMG should main event a PPV. It'd be an interesting twist to a PPV main event and it'd really elevate both tag teams.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Like KingCrash said, they're probably going to do a three-way w/ Hardy, Anderson & Morgan as the main event. Regardless, I'd be fine with MCMG/BM closing the show. Either that or AJ/Doug will probably be the best match on the show, both teams are over, it's a title match, it's a return match from what was probably the company's hottest program this year, and unless that match has a horrendous, overbooked ending, I don't see it being flat and leaving viewers with a bad taste in their mouths like most TNA PPV main events this year seemed to have done. It's PPV, not an episode of Impact, so there's no worry that viewers are going to turn the show off after the the World Title match ends. TNA likes to say they're a company that values tag team wrestling so why not prove it by putting them in the main event slot?

That said, I don't see it happening. None of those four are considered main event guys by the people in charge, none of those four have WWE or WCW experience, and TNA loves to end their PPVs with big, often-convoluted angles, which I see them less likely to book for a MCMG/BM match than for a Hardy/Anderson/Morgan match.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I would love for the tag match to close the show. I actually would pay money just to support the fact that I think MCMG/Beer Money are more interesting and entertaining than anyone on the show

·
Squared Circle Gimmick
5,371 Posts
If theirs a World Title Match... You can't have the Tag Title Match close the show......

You just can't.

I would assume their would be a World Title Match... The 3 way would be ok but, I'd rather see RVD/Hardy or something along those lines

RVD/Hardy - World Title
MCMG/Beer Money - Tag Titles
Morgan/Anderson - #1 Contenders
Angle/Jarrett - I assume...
AJ/Williams - TV Title Rematch
Lethal/Kaz - I assume...
BP/Rayne & Tara - KO Tag Titles...
D-Von/Ray - 2 month build up is good enough for these guys...

I'd be fine with this Card... The better the booking, the better the show will be... If they want a ninth match... book a Pope/Abyss NORMAL match......

·
Banned
885 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks it BS that we get another BM/MCMG feud. Holy hell this feud has been done to death almost as much as the HHH/Orton feud. They had 5 straight matches against each other and they were all gimmick matches I think. And I really am not interested in watching another one of their matches. If you have seen one of the BM/MCMG matches then you have seen them all.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks it BS that we get another BM/MCMG feud. Holy hell this feud has been done to death almost as much as the HHH/Orton feud. They had 5 straight matches against each other and they were all gimmick matches I think. And I really am not interested in watching another one of their matches. If you have seen one of the BM/MCMG matches then you have seen them all.
I keep reading stupid posts on this forum and wondering if it'll be topped today.

·
Premium Member
43,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You know...they did AMW Vs. XXX like 6 million times, but when they headlined Turning Point 04, it was awesome and people wanted to see it. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm all for them main eventing, they haven't let us down yet have they?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
MCMGs fueded with BMI, then with GenME and now again with BMI

TNA needs more good/great tag teams.
London Brawling is gonna be back soon, but since they're heel, it might be awhile before they go at it with the Guns since it seems like Fortune is gonna take all the gold (minus AJ)

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
surely it should be Ink Inc for the next shot, theyve been somewhat favoured by the booking team in recent months so wouldnt the never done yet, i think, clash of MCMG and II be the next big tag title match theyre building up to?

i dont care if it is Nielson and Moore i would certainly buy that if they gave Ink Inc the kind of promo time they get on Xplosion

but then after that there would only be Fun and Flames *shudddeer*

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
surely it should be Ink Inc for the next shot, theyve been somewhat favoured by the booking team in recent months so wouldnt the never done yet, i think, clash of MCMG and II be the next big tag title match theyre building up to?

i dont care if it is Nielson and Moore i would certainly buy that if they gave Ink Inc the kind of promo time they get on Xplosion
I was one of the few who thought it should've been GenMe to win at Final Resolution, basically equating to Ink Inc getting the next shot. However, I knew it wouldn't work because of their lack of time on the mic, the impact zone is in love with them, and their a very cohesive duo, but I feel they aren't "there" yet, the way you know The Guns and Beer Money are "there", that's where Ink Inc needs to be.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts