Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like what is the general wrestling superstar status based on IWC and worldwide standards? From what I seen its always been like:

1.)~Hulk Hogan
2.)~Rock/Austin/Goldberg
3.)~Cena/Batista
4.)~Triple H/HBK/Undertaker

If you were to continue the list what set of stars would you place from 5-10? Like where does Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Kane, and Booker go for example?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Id put taker higher than 4. He may not be the face of the company but there isnt a single superstar or backstage guy that will cross him and go about business behind his back. He is the most respected guy in the locker room as they say and if he says jump vince says sure thing mark, how high would you like? lol Cena may be the face but taker is the leader. Taker is the Richard to Cenas Ben with Vince as Jacob (lost metaphor).

I wouldnt put goldber so high either.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I'd re-arrange your list

1) Hogan
2) Austin
3) Rock
4) Undertaker
5) Cena
6) Bret Hart
7) HBK
8) Randy Savage
9) Goldberg
10) HHH
11) Sting
12) Batista
13) Randy Orton

Nobody else comes to mind as a global superstar (there's probably some Japanese guys, but I'm not too familiar with Japanese wrestling and it's histroy)

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Hogan and Rock - Everybody knows who these guys are.

Probably Austin here although in this day and age I'm starting to doubt that many people know who he is. I've mentioned his name a few times and all I got was a blank stare.

John Cena - is the current face of the company and seems to be pretty well known for his outside WWE stuff too like the movies etc.

Trips/Taker/Batista - not as well known as the aformentioned but still massive names that most people seem to know. Trips and Taker definitely in the USA and Batista is probably more of a worldwide icon (Philippines etc).

I don't think people would know anybody else tbh. They either aren't a big enough name or have been out of the limelight for so long that people don't remember.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
^ Irony indeed

Not being from a country where wrestling is popular I can tell you that the order is:

#1 Hogan

#2 Rock

#3 Flair

#4 Steve Austin

#5 Undertaker

Before wrestling was televised here, I only knew hose fives. And if you show the pics who people who doesn't know about wrestling, they recognise them (maybe not the name, but they know they are wrestlers).

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I'd re-arrange your list

1) Hogan
2) Austin
3) Rock
4) Undertaker
5) Cena
6) Bret Hart
7) HBK
8) Randy Savage
9) Goldberg
10) HHH
11) Sting
12) Batista
13) Randy Orton

Nobody else comes to mind as a global superstar (there's probably some Japanese guys, but I'm not too familiar with Japanese wrestling and it's histroy)
That sounds about right. I would actually put HHH higher though. I can't believe he's any less popular then Randy Savage was/is globally.

If Orton is included. Jericho, Big Show and maybe Edge would have to be on there too. Any popular attitude era guy is going to be well known.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
That sounds about right. I would actually put HHH higher though. I can't believe he's any less popular then Randy Savage was/is globally.

If Orton is included. Jericho, Big Show and maybe Edge would have to be on there too. Any popular attitude era guy is going to be well known.
Savage is hugely popular.. everyone knows who macho man is

1. Hogan
2. Rocky
3. Austin
4. Savage
5. Cena
6. HHH
7. Taker

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I'd say the top 10 would be: