Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 390 Posts

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Bad Times at the El Royale is one of the most frustratingly up-and-down movie experiences I've had in recent years. It had so much good stuff that was constantly bogged down by other boring characters, Drew Goddard being Drew Goddard, and making "smart" and "interesting" choices that were actually not smart at all and not interesting in the slightest.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
That hack failing some more. :cozy

Tonight might be the night for Streets of Fire. Feeling right.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
The guy who wrote The Martian, Bubz. :lmao

Williem Dafoe as an evil leader of a biker gang in some kind of 50's oriented dystopia. I've had this on the watchlist for a while with good reason. Really hope I dig it.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Her character name is pretty great.

Hill's work is one that kind of excited me at the prospects as a whole. The Warriors let me down, but Red Heat brought me right back. This should def be a project for this year.

·
Ramble On
11,104 Posts
The Martian LOL

I love The Warriors. I love all the Walter Hill films I've seen, which isn't that many, but enough to make me want to see the rest of his work. The Driver is amazing.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
The Driver is what I placed next behind Streets of Fire. Sounds great + Isabelle Adjani.

Some of his Westerns are ripe with interest and Johnny Handsome sounds like some type of wild beast, too.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
After watching Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, I have to ask: Why hasn't there been another live action Scooby-Doo movie? This was gold :mark :mark :mark

Tom Hardy as Fred Jones would be 10/10, don't @ me :usangle

·
Premium Member
9,420 Posts

looks good.

Also, if you're looking for some good Walter Hill movies, well really all are good. I mean lesser seen ones that are worth a watch, try Extreme Prejudice, The Long Riders, and Wild Bill.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
The glory that is Pumpkin Escobar still remains. Not that I had any doubts. This is forever, out here in Hollyweird.

Give me the map, Scott.

Reactions: 2 Ton 21

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts

What a gorgeous movie to look at, even when Joanna Kulig's beautiful face wasn't around. Speaking of, this is a beautiful piece of cinema all around, but Kulig is an absolute star in this, steals every damn scene. Pawel Pawilowski knows his shit.

Edit: Meant to post this in the last movie you've seen thread but eh.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
That's on the ol watchlist. One I still have a grand interest in checking out from 2018. Love Ida, hoping for Pawlikowski to do it again.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Hulu rekt me big time with Streets of Fire. Apparently it was part of some trial run with Starz & now I can't watch. FUCK.

48 Hours & The Long Riders it is, then.

·
40,760 Posts
There's some spoilers in that trailer. Other than that it was pretty effective in making kind of want to see it. Gratuitously great cast.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
I can smell the apparent allegory from here, but I do enjoy Toni Collette.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

·
40,760 Posts
So one thing led to another as internet will do and I found out some disturbing news.

Awful Bryan Singer is probably going to direct a Red Sonja flick. Fuck that and fuck him.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
So his punishment was not being part of Bohemian Rhapsody and now things will just move on.

Good job, Hollywood.

41 - 60 of 390 Posts