Wrestling Forum banner

381 - 390 of 390 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,159 Posts
'1917' has a very similar storyline too the film 'Saving Private Ryan'.
What's the similarity? One is about delivering a message in WWI. The other is about saving Private Ryan in WWII. I'm edgy about your comparison because 1917 is sooo much better than Saving Private Ryan. That's saying a lot consider Saving Private Ryan was also fantastic.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
What's the similarity? One is about delivering a message in WWI. The other is about saving Private Ryan in WWII. I'm edgy about your comparison because 1917 is sooo much better than Saving Private Ryan. That's saying a lot consider Saving Private Ryan was also fantastic.
Ahhh, very same storyline, in that soldiers are given orders to go and find/deliver message.
'1917' - soldiers given mission to hand deliver a message to call-off a battle.
'Saving Private Ryan' - soldiers given mission to bring the 4th son (and only son still alive) back from war to his family.

If you search online (ie Google) you will see that there are sites saying the same... one comment is "1917 is the Saving Private Ryan of World War I".

·
Premium Member
17,159 Posts
Ahhh, very same storyline, in that soldiers are given orders to go and find/deliver message.
'1917' - soldiers given mission to hand deliver a message to call-off a battle.
'Saving Private Ryan' - soldiers given mission to bring the 4th son (and only son still alive) back from war to his family.

If you search online (ie Google) you will see that there are sites saying the same... one comment is "1917 is the Saving Private Ryan of World War I".
Well, if you want to dwindle it down to "delivering a message", then 1917 and Saving Private Ryan are very similar to many war movies. I don't know if you're saying this as negative criticism or actually asking me if i'ts similar. Delivering a message to call off an attack is not the same as bringing a solider back. I'm only imagining bitter keyboard warriors trying to diminish 1917 by saying it's Saving Private Ryan. It's disrespectful to the production and effort of both movies to write one off by saying that. There are many war movies that have a core story (defend the base, kill a general, stop an invasion, etc) that aren't compared the same.

I'll let those people do all the comparing they want. The movies are entirely different, different characters, different time periods, different stories. It would be a shame if someone wrote off 1917 because "delivering a message is too similar to Saving Private Ryan". I highly recommend 1917. Any reluctance to see it based on 'similarity' to stories should be ignored.

For what it's worth, I google comparisons based on the story and found nothing. People are comparing the greatness of the film to Saving Private Ryan, not the story (since they're different stories). Everyone is recognizing that Saving Private Ryan was a great war movie and 1917 is as great. If you actually find someone saying "the stories are the same" then feel free to share.

·
Premium Member
17,159 Posts
Is Rambo 5 the worst movie ever? Yes.

381 - 390 of 390 Posts