Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 390 Posts

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
Yeah, the time between films is always a bit of a worry, but as you said Myers could do a great job.

And at the very least I'd be quite happy to see Fat Bastard one more time. Like to see if he kept the weight off

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
See if Fat Bastard tries to remove himself from the Subway image after the controversy with their former Spokesman.

He needs a new diet. :hmm:

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
Fat Bastard on the paleo diet :monkey

I feel like there is a "Fat Bastard ate Jenny Craig" joke in there somewhere

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Taking it back to the 90's. I like it.

This as a running gag already feels pretty good. Now it just needs to be confirmed.

·
Ramble On
11,104 Posts
New Ben Wheatley film was really good. Small (in a sense) family comedy/drama set on new years eve. Effectively portrayed the chaotic nature of that kind of situation. Very genuine and very funny. A fantastic cast of characters. He's such a great writer.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Wheatley has the weirdest habit of making films that go right past me, despite my track record of loving his work. Ends up being something to look forward to in that exchange.

·
Ramble On
11,104 Posts
Well this kind of came out of nowhere and aired on the BBC over here. Did get a tiny cinema release too.

He's remaking Rebecca now which I'm pretty excited for.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
That would explain it.

A Hitchcock remake? Eeepah. Such things haven't been accomplished since Van Sant. And that was terrific. Fascinating.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
I've seen Psycho 98 once, and I spent the whole time like :monkey I didn't hate it, I didn't love it, it was a very strange feeling. I did like Viggo as Sam, both because he rules, and he wasn't the stiff behind anyone's back (top tier insult, btw)

Waiting for them to remake ROPE, and have everyone sit in the room on their phones throughout. "I enjoyed the post from that girl from that I thing I saw last winter" :mj2

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
@eyebrowmorroco Do you think Quentin Tarantino will be able to sneak some FEET scenes of Margot Robbie and Dakota Fanning into Once Upon a Time in Hollywood? :lenny2

Also are you a fan of my future ex wife Florence Pugh? :lenny2

EDIT - Still botching mentions even in 2019 :mj2

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Watched The Meg. It's fine. Fairly well handled, but it's just...fine. I dunno. No significant issues, although nothing to be gaga about. Interesting that they structured it like a disaster film, only the disaster is a gigantic shark. Probably easier to work in the family tie-in motifs the director can't shy away from. There's about three Star Wars inspired shots within the first act, too. So, yeah. Meg was basically a Star Destroyer with teeth. Now that just sounds cooler than the film.

Waiting for them to remake ROPE, and have everyone sit in the room on their phones throughout. "I enjoyed the post from that girl from that I thing I saw last winter" :mj2
Sounds exactly like something Blumhouse will crap out in no time.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
If they do that to Rope, I'm stuffing the creator in a box and having a party with all of you.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
The people I'd already like to do that to for some of these recent excuses of films.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Haven't yet. I'll just wait for whenever it is released/the mood strikes.

·
Premium Member
5,914 Posts
@eyebrowmorroco Do you think Quentin Tarantino will be able to sneak some FEET scenes of Margot Robbie and Dakota Fanning into Once Upon a Time in Hollywood? :lenny2

Also are you a fan of my future ex wife Florence Pugh? :lenny2

EDIT - Still botching mentions even in 2019 :mj2
Hey, Blackbeard!

Pugh's alright. You'll get a stiffer fight from me over others.

I hope Tarantino will get some scenes in. For Dakota Johnson, Cymbeline is the magic word. In A Bigger Splash, she does a handstand in the pool... but I'm not sure if it's stand-in feet.

Edit: Read Johnson, not Fanning. Not a fan of that Fanning. It'd be Robbie's feet that I'm solely interested in.

Emma Stone's get some air in The Favourite. It's a side shot, but they do look good. If Nicholas Hoult was a quality actor, they'd have found their way into his mouth.

Have you seen Tiptoes? It's pretty bad, even for a bad film. If you want something different from Oldman... Nobody's Baby. And he's one of the great one-time directors w/ Nil By Mouth (Winstone and Burke are amazing).

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
I'll take either Fanning sister, I am not too fussy :bbrown3

@eyebrowmorrocoThe Golden Globes are tomorrow night, do you fancy doing some predictions? :lenny2

Drama

I like A Star Is Born to win that one although I wouldn't be shocked if the HFPA threw a curve ball and awarded Bohemian Rhapsody.

It's really strange how the two films with music in them ended up in the drama category :wtf2

Musical or Comedy (An absurd category I know)

Green Book should have this one in the bag. I give a slim chance to Crazy Rich Asians since it is the HFPA after all/

Actress Drama

Poor Glenn Close must be fuming that she's being overshadowed by Lady Gaga this year. Rosamund Pike arguably deserves to win but she's got no chance unfortunately.

Actor Drama

I've just got this gut feeling that Rami Malek is going to win here. If not then it should be Bradley Cooper.

Actress Musical/Comdey

Olivia Colman is finally getting recognised in Hollywood, it's about damn time :proud

Actor Musical/Comedy

This is a tough one :hmm: Viggo Mortensen seemed to be running ahead of everyone then catastrophically dropped an N-bomb during a Q & A for Greenbook, has he now blown his chances in this sensitive climate? His only real competition here would be Chrisitan Bale IMO.

Supporting Actress

Regina King seems to be the clear shoe-in for this category. Rachel Weisz & Emma Stone should cancel themselves out going head to head.

Supporting Actor

Mahershala Ali seems to be another shoe-in although Richard E. Grant has been steadily gaining momentum in recent months.

Animated

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse looks like it might become the first comic book movie to truly be appreciated by awards committees. I am just happy that Phil Lord was able to quickly wash away the stink of being fired from Solo.

Foreign

Roma. From what I heard Netflix actually chose to put it up for this category instead of the big ones. I wonder if they'll do the same for the Oscars?

Director

I reckon Bradley Cooper gets the love here. Especially if he loses out to Malek for Best Actor. Maybe Peter Farrelly sneaks in there.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Don't even know how I did, but stumbled upon a Cole Trickle t-shirt. That's sure to be the highlight of the year.

21 - 40 of 390 Posts