Wrestling Forum banner

361 - 380 of 389 Posts

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
rewatched collateral last night, fuck me does this movie have some hard hitting dialogue

Vincent : Get with it. Millions of galaxies of hundreds of millions of stars, in a speck on one in a blink. That's us, lost in space. The cop, you, me... Who notices? Look in the mirror. Paper towels, clean cab. Limo company some day. How much you got saved?

Max : That ain't any of your business.

Vincent
: Someday? Someday my dream will come? One night you will wake up and discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you. It never will. Suddenly you are old. Didn't happen, and it never will, because you were never going to do it anyway. You'll push it into memory and then zone out in your barco lounger, being hypnotized by daytime TV for the rest of your life. Don't you talk to me about murder. All it ever took was a down payment on a Lincoln town car. That girl,you can't even call that girl. What the fuck are you still doing driving a cab?

·
Blessed Child of God
2,917 Posts
Today is my oldest son's 31st birthday and as a present to himself, he's down in Raleigh seeing the movie reboot of Jay and Silent Bob. They showed the original movie first and started the new one around 9pm. Thankfully he's off work tomorrow.

·
Ramble On
11,103 Posts
Wow, it's been so long since I posted in here, but this calls for it.

I watched Lords of Salem and I want to apologise for writing Rob Zombie off because it absolutely ruled.

·
SELF CONTROL.
5,475 Posts
Oh hey! It's been a bit. Still some familiar faces.

Underwhelming year in film so far. I was a big fan of Parasite but not a huge fan of much else. Recommendations plz?

Keen for Midsommar and Nightingale though.

·
Ramble On
11,103 Posts
It has been pretty underwhelming, apart from some of the bigger stuff delivering. I loved Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Joker and Midsommar.

The Souvenir, Under The Silver Lake, A Hidden Life, High Life, Beach Bum, In Fabric, Dragged Across Concrete, Ash Is Purest White are some that I really liked too.

By underwhelming I guess I mean there hasn't been that one movie that has completely blown me away.

·
SELF CONTROL.
5,475 Posts
It has been pretty underwhelming, apart from some of the bigger stuff delivering. I loved Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Joker and Midsommar.

The Souvenir, Under The Silver Lake, A Hidden Life, High Life, Beach Bum, In Fabric, Dragged Across Concrete, Ash Is Purest White are some that I really liked too.

By underwhelming I guess I mean there hasn't been that one movie that has completely blown me away.
Ohhh forgot about the Joker. That was mighty impressive considering the expectation wasn't so high. Joaquin Phoenix, nuff said!

Keen to check out the ones you've mentioned Bunz.

So keen for The Irishman. What a stacked cast.

·
Ramble On
11,103 Posts
The Irishman is incredible. It's saying a lot but the final act might be the best thing he's ever made. Before that it's kind of what you'd expect from a Scorsese crime epic, which is obviously great, but the last act is what makes it so good as a whole.

·
Premium Member
17,083 Posts
JoJo Rabbit. What a hard movie to explain! I loved it, but I don't know how I could tell someone to go see it. I don't even know how you pitch this to a movie company. "It's a comedy about the Holocaust..."

It's great, but a couple parts make me feel guilty for enjoying it. I don't want to spoil anything, but definitely see it. It's going to be nominated for a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
I watched the original TMNT movie last weekend. It still holds up pretty well

·
Ramble On
11,103 Posts
I haven't but I want to rewatch the other two in the trilogy again first. Saw them years ago and hated them. But I've read stuff about 3 From Hell that sounds really good so I'm willing to give them another try.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Japanese Film Festival is coming up over here, here's what's got my interest;

And Your Bird Can Sing - Sho Miyake
Brave Father Online: Our Story of Final Fantasy XIV - Teruo Noguchi and Kiyoshi Yamamoto
Masquerade Hotel - Masayuki Suzuki
My Dad Is a Heel Wrestler - Kyohei Fujimura
Melancholic - Seiji Tanaka
Sea of Revival - Kazuya Shiraishi

·
Ramble On
11,103 Posts
Wow this thread has been dead recently.

Saw Knives Out yesterday and it was great. Johnson loves to upend genre conventions. Did it with Last Jedi and he's done it here. So much fun. Murder mystery is one of my favourite sub genres so I was expecting to at least like this but it's so cleverly written and so surprising and so entertaining that it really exceeded my expectations.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,025 Posts
Anybody seen The Irishman? I've loved Scorsese films ever since Taxi Driver and this just totally blew me away. I think it may be my favourite Mob movie of all time, maybe even more than Goodfellas. I'm just sat here with a smile on my face because I haven't enjoyed a movie that much in years.

·
Ramble On
11,103 Posts
I mentioned it a few posts back but yeah, it's amazing. It's such a great and introspective late career film. Marty is still the man.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
rewatched collateral last night, fuck me does this movie have some hard hitting dialogue

Vincent : Get with it. Millions of galaxies of hundreds of millions of stars, in a speck on one in a blink. That's us, lost in space. The cop, you, me... Who notices? Look in the mirror. Paper towels, clean cab. Limo company some day. How much you got saved?

Vincent : Someday? Someday my dream will come? One night you will wake up and discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you. It never will. Suddenly you are old. Didn't happen, and it never will, because you were never going to do it anyway. You'll push it into memory and then zone out in your barco lounger, being hypnotized by daytime TV for the rest of your life. Don't you talk to me about murder. All it ever took was a down payment on a Lincoln town car. That girl,you can't even call that girl. What the fuck are you still doing driving a cab?

Vincent : Someday? Someday my dream will come? One night you will wake up and discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you. It never will. Suddenly you are old. Didn't happen, and it never will, because you were never going to do it anyway. You'll push it into memory and then zone out in your barco lounger, being hypnotized by daytime TV for the rest of your life. Don't you talk to me about murder. All it ever took was a down payment on a Lincoln town car. That girl,you can't even call that girl. What the fuck are you still doing driving a cab?

Classic movie

·
Premium Member
17,083 Posts
1917 is the best WWI movie ever made. And, I struggle to think of a better war movie or movie this past year.

Stay for after the credits where Wonder Woman shows up.

361 - 380 of 389 Posts