Wrestling Forum banner

341 - 360 of 390 Posts

·
Ramble On
11,103 Posts
I saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Going to need another watch to process. I think there's a lot going on under the surface with it in terms of what he's saying about the machismo of Hollywood at that time and the passing of the guard to a new era. It's super interesting. But what I loved most about it is that Tarantino has never made anything so unconcerned with plot before. It's so meandering and almost completely formless and I loved every minute of it. Has moments of pure magic, something as simple as a movie within a movie becoming reality or reality morphing in to something different just for a moment. The climax is completely bonkers. It's also definitely his funniest film and other than Jackie Brown, definitely his most heartfelt. It's kind of whimsical at points. Different in a lot of ways to anything he's made, but it's also Tarantino turned up to 11 as well.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Watched Sophia Takal's Always Shine. It's tremendous, gosh such an amazing experience. Like Queen of Earth blended with Persona. As if those didn't already have a common streak with one another. This is a canon I can always dive deep into. Knowing she's got the new Black Christmas up next, Blumhouse producing or not, I'm very excited for what she's got in store.

I saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Going to need another watch to process. I think there's a lot going on under the surface with it in terms of what he's saying about the machismo of Hollywood at that time and the passing of the guard to a new era. It's super interesting. But what I loved most about it is that Tarantino has never made anything so unconcerned with plot before. It's so meandering and almost completely formless and I loved every minute of it. Has moments of pure magic, something as simple as a movie within a movie becoming reality or reality morphing in to something different just for a moment. The climax is completely bonkers. It's also definitely his funniest film and other than Jackie Brown, definitely his most heartfelt. It's kind of whimsical at points. Different in a lot of ways to anything he's made, but it's also Tarantino turned up to 11 as well.
This is what I've been waiting to read. Can't wait to see how formless it all happens to be. That's completely un-Quentin in the long run with how tied to everything his stories/characters are. A career post-Weinstein should be breathing something different, so intrigued to see how he takes it all in.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,396 Posts
Black Christmas re-remake trailer :jones :bosque

Yeah. No.

Also feels like I've watched the movie in the 2 minute trailer. Blumhouse giving away too much in the initial trailer, again. Yes they're going for something different with the story, but still pointless.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Trailer did suck in how much it gave away, but that's what they always do nowadays. Which is really dumb, but I'm still excited. Black Christmas has always had a strong feminist streak to it, seeing it take down the toxicity of College frats & sororities now, def behind the concept from what was hinted/shown. How is this pointless though? Halloween retconning its franchise is met with praise, but this is a different scenario. This pick and choose mantra when certain specifics are clearly emphasized is starting to become all the more noticeable.

Blumhouse is usually garbage, but Sophia Takal inject into my veins please.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,396 Posts
Pointless is probably the wrong term and I appreciate they're trying something different and not remaking the same old. I guess it's just the direction they're going in using the property that I'm not a fan of. But w/e as I won't be watching it and sticking to the original.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,073 Posts
The new Black Christmas trailer is the perfect example on how NOT to cut and present a horror movie trailer. Killed all suspense, sense of dread, and intrigue.

·
40,752 Posts
On the one hand, I can't wait to see Bliss. On the other hand, every reviewer is gushing over it so that means it can't be good.

I did not realize the great Sophia Takal is also a director. Of course not surprised at all; what a woman etc.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
That's always a fair notion, but Bliss on paper does sound very intriguing regardless. Maybe the critics will get one correct for a change. (???)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Who's gonna watch the original Friday the 13th this Friday the 13th?

I plan on cozying up with Jason and Mrs. Voorhees in the dark later on. Who's with me?

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
I watched the first eight last month, so me not realizing it was actually a Friday the 13th to watch is ok. I mean, I still could atm, but it's a classic & will stand out on any day. Plus in only a few weeks it is OCTOBER, and that's when I'm hold nothing back on anything Horror related.

·
Ramble On
11,103 Posts
Ah, October. My favourite time of year :mark:

Time to start compiling my watchlist I think.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
I tried to do that, but then I realize, I can never stick with anything, so I'll just watch whatever strikes the mood, per usual. My one "guarantee" almost seems to be that I'll slam through the Halloween franchise + all of Rob Zombie's films en route to Three From Hell hype.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,978 Posts
My Hard-Drive is more full than Dahmer's fridge was full of human heads. October is going to be :cozy

I now have all the Leprechaun films for some odd reason, including one in space and two in the hood :lmao This is going to be fun.

Decided I'll start off with Halloween for a change, then end it with Freddy vs Jason after finishing both series :banderas

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
need to see this.

341 - 360 of 390 Posts