Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 4154 Posts

·
Phantom Thief
17,450 Posts
Re: General Movie Discussion Thread Part VII: Blackbeard & obby's Bogus Journey

This will be the first thread in which cozy is not top poster :mj2

Going to watch The Roaring Twenties in a little bit. From 1939 so, despicably, it's tied with The Wizard of Oz as the oldest i've seen :CENA

·
Ramble On
11,090 Posts

Lol what a hipster obby watching old black and white films. I can see the arc of this episode already, obby turns to the other side.

Roaring Twenties is amazing BTW. You need to see most of the old Cagney gangster stuff. White Heat especially, one of the best gangster films ever.

·
SELF CONTROL.
5,469 Posts

Poor thread title.

Not hipster enough.

/thread plz.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts

Going to watch The Roaring Twenties in a little bit. From 1939 so, despicably, it's tied with The Wizard of Oz as the oldest i've seen :CENA
You've never seen a movie order than 1939, and Oxi has never seen a B+W film.

:bunk fucking kids these days.

Might watch the original Scarface, I'm in the mood for some gangsters

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts

I will be glad to 'hipster' it up in here every five months as a memory to Cody. What exactly makes a movie a hipster pick? Being made on less than a fifty billion dollar budget, being older than 1980, being made by humans who didn't/doesn't speak English as if they're people who can make things too? I'll need to know for my next post here in August. If Cody doesn't come back by October when it's fun to binge watch horror movies I don't know what I'll do (other than watch some horror movies anyway and buy another copy of Cabin in the Woods just to destroy it again).

I watched A Bug's Life the other day. For fuck's sake, guys, stop building that pile of food near a fucking cliff. Also notice how there are five million ants and it takes one of them the entire movie to stand up to the grasshoppers before a bird does their job for them. Toy Story this is not.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,853 Posts

You need to drop down and watch 20 classic German Expressionist masterpieces of the silent era, maggot!

·
Ramble On
11,090 Posts

@Yeah1993 it doesn't mean anything. It started as an insult ages ago someone in here started throwing at people who watched anything other than mainstream Hollywood releases. As MrMister said though it's become a running joke at this point and is just in jest. If anyone uses it as a serious insult they should probably be put down because it's the worst insult ever and has no meaning other than 'you watch films I don't watch'.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts

Now I'm all red-cheeked. I knew it was a joke! I thought the "I wanna know for my next post" would make that obvious but I guess I'm TERRIBLE at making things obvious. I guess I did want to be clued into what made a movie hipster bait, though, even jokingly.

·
Registered
15,836 Posts

I think I accidentally watched a Charlie Chaplin film once... have I been forever hipsterised?! And then there was that one time my cable fox froze on the IFC for two days.....

·
Banned
28,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

@RICH ROCKHEAD Sofia Coppola has returned from her exile and she's partnered up once again with the alluring Elle Fanning. :moyes1

Based on the Southern Gothic novel by Thomas P. Cullinan.

Farrell plays John McBurney, a Union soldier injured during the American Civil War. Near death, he is rescued by a young girl at a strictly conservative all-girls’ boarding school, the snappily-titled Miss Martha Farnsworth Seminary for Young Ladies, in rural Virginia. McBurney begins to bond with the women in a highly sexually-repressed environment – and quickly this clash of morals takes a dark turn.

The Beguiled arrives in cinemas on 23 June.
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/sofia-coppola-new-period-drama-beguiled-gets-first-trailer/

@DAMN SKIPPY might as well tag you since you also have a crush on her. :chrisholly

Tbh it actually looks quite interesting. :jjones

·
40,681 Posts

Dakota is hotter than Elle. Dakota becoming hot snuck up on me.

Now I'm all red-cheeked. I knew it was a joke! I thought the "I wanna know for my next post" would make that obvious but I guess I'm TERRIBLE at making things obvious. I guess I did want to be clued into what made a movie hipster bait, though, even jokingly.
anything that lacks explosions?

·
Banned
28,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Dakota is hotter than Elle. Dakota becoming hot snuck up on me.
Trying to establish a new sibling rivalry are we?

:hmm:

I prefer Elle because of her, eh....lankiness. :side:

·
40,681 Posts

Dakota is hotter now since those pics were taken imo.

There is nothing wrong with preferring Elle though (unlike with the Mara sisters). She's not even in her final form either.

·
Banned
28,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Dakota is hotter now since those pics were taken imo.
Those were from last year.

I just find it weird being attracted to Dokota because to me she'll always be that little girl from Man on Fire and War of the Worlds. :newblackwagg

·
Registered
180 Posts

Speaking of James Cagney movies, I just watched Yankie Doodle Dandy for the first time. Not a gangster movie but it's one hell of a film in its own right.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

1 - 20 of 4154 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.