Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 9131 Posts

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Still waiting for the Vita to come out with one game I REALLY want, that is not a re-release. Console is prime real estate for some TBS games.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
I have way, way too much to say about Dark Souls. Spoiler tags.

Playing online this time and killed an invader~! Tried to summon someone but it said it ‘’failed’’. I got really tired of doing the same area over and over pre-Taurus Demon, so it was a relief when I finally beat him. First time I tried him the archers fucked me over, and the next few times my ‘’keep close’’ strategy would only work for so long. After wasting my firebombs and black firebombs (fucking idiot) trying to beat him, I decided to try the dive-thing that cut down half the health of the asylum demon. Worked eventually, and I beat the boss with what I want to say was no health. I got as close to my TV as I could and I swear I had no red on the black. I rushed out of the bridge and when I saw there was no bonfire in the next room I sort of panicked. Obviously I wouldn’t have to do the boss again, but, shit, I didn’t want to the level again. I died somewhere (IDR where exactly) after talking to the sun guy. Then I went back and died to the big ass boar thing. And like a dumbass I totally MISSED the room where you kick the ladder down to get back to the bonfire. When I eventually go to the bonfire I went ‘’WAIT WHAT WHY AM I BACK HERE?’’, sort of worried that I’d just done a circle for like no reason. Got it worked out eventually, and, shockingly enough, never died from the dragon. In fact I took very, very minimal damage; probably because I was near the end of his fire. Killed the boar eventually after seeing how much damage he took from fire. I used the jump-hit from the stairs as well. I was actually kind of surprised he didn’t respawn, wasn’t much trouble. OK so here I kind of go apeshit. I get up to the higher part of the boar-place and see this IDK what-the-fuck guarding some item. I leave it alone and head through a corridor instead. Here I see a regular undead guy and I’m all ‘’OK I can handle this’’ until a big fucking knight ambushes me. I panic and get out of the hallway. And like an IMBECILE I believe that the knight is what I saw guarding the item, so I figure I’m going to die anyway, I might as well get this item. I didn’t because it was different knight. So I have two knights I’ve never dealt with before chasing me and like five undead. So I just run like a chicken into the church, where this even bigger motherfucker motherfucker MOTHERFUCKER one shots me. I was not looking forward to trying this again, but I eventually dealt with only the first knight and got to the bonfire (which I wish I knew was right to the right). That other knight that comes out of that, like ‘’other’’ stretch of corridor or whatever destroyed me as well. So fuck him. Also fuck the rats. Fuck. The. Rats.

I repair some shit at the blacksmith and decide to fuck the knight-filled torture castle and head out this other way. There’s this big..fucking…thing with no head and like one leg in my way shooting lightning at me, but it isn’t hard to dodge and neither are its attacks. So I give it a try but my weapon is doing so little damage that it would take me like an hour to beat it, so I fucked off. Got to the forest which I thought was so cool and good-looking and found the enemies there pretty pathetic. Until I am triple teamed and one of them grabs me and kills me instantly. Luckily I found that bonfire. I wandered around here a bit and got to the kind of ‘’up and down’’ choice. I choose up and I think that’s where I was slowed down by three stone giant thingys and swarmed by like six enemies. So fuck that. Somewhere else I found this open area where I saw things moving in the background, and I also saw a door I desperately wanted to be unlocked (IT WASN’T). I turn around a see this crystal thing walk around slowly and I hide behind the rock. He fucking LUNGES at me after pretending to walk away so I have to fight him. Not hard at all, but there are like four here. I decide to move toward the area and then out of fucking nowhere these giant soul beam things are being shot and are killing all of the crystal things. I run toward it to maybe try and stop it before realising I am most certainly going to be killed. I run back. And am killed. So fuck that. I died once trying to kill a little shiny lizard. Fuck that. I head downward and see a black knight that that raped me near the Taurus demon, so I sprint past him and to my relief there’s a bonfire in the cave. Turns out it was a huge mistake to go anywhere near it because I go down the elevator and am met with these blue dragons. I start fighting one and even though I can stay behind it really easily and I’m continually hitting it, I’m doing no damage. So I die and FUCK THAT PART. So, as of then, I am stuck between impossible to beat dragons and a knight that makes me shit myself.

I decide ‘’wait a fucking minute I probably shouldn’t be anywhere near this forest yet’’ and head back. I make it eventually to the blacksmith bonfire, and it takes me multiple tries to get back to the original one in Undead Burg. Fuck. Those. Rats. While doing this trek-back nonsense I actually find a way to kill these knights, only the hardest one never even showed up, so I ran past where I thought he was and got the halberd. ‘’HALBERD!? YES!!!!’’ Toward the end of Demon’s Souls I was mainly two-handing a Mirdan Hammer so I thought I’d caught a break. Until I find out I’m pretty heavily low on Dex and Strength and I can barely do 10 damage with it b/c my fucking character can’t properly wield it. After reading notes on the ground with one saying ‘’weakness: tail’’ under the bridge I remember the dragon’s tail thing. Before playing Demon’s or Dark, I knew like four things about Dark Souls 1) It was supposed to be hard 2) some of the bosses and the giantess in white and 3) shoot the dragon’s tail. So I have a longbow (IDR where I got it) and have to level up Dex to use it. I instead level up strength b/c I’m not familiar with the icons. Fucccck. What I was worried about was going in with not enough arrows. I think I eventually went in with 89 or so. Turns out I could have brought like 30 because I got it way quicker than expected. I missed like half of my shots, too. I get this ‘’drake’’ sword and also can’t use it b/c of strength and dex. Grinding in this is a lot better than in Demon’s. Honestly one reason for that – NO LOADING SCREENS. I don’t have to die, I just touch the bonfire and the enemies are back.

I get to the right level at some point and DESTROY EVERYTHING. Those knights I was sacred of? One-shot them. The big fucking knight that one shot me? Three shot him. Some voodoo-looking idiot firing soul arrows/rays at me with like twelve minions? Two shot him. I raped everything and it was awesome. In like five hours I went from feeling like a pathetic amoeba to a guy who did pretty big damage on a boss I’d never seen. Lost to the gargoyles. I honestly wasn’t reallllly expecting a second one to show up. I mean I thought it might, but my actual guess was ‘’no’’, for some reason. I actually said ‘’Goddamn you Demon’s Souls’d me’’. They’re, like, gargoyles again and everything, man. I died in the corner there…kind of worried about the souls I got for DESTROYING EVERYTHING.

I’m also kind of worried because I bought this from eBay and it’s frozen twice. I really don’t want to have to know this is a faulty disc.

If i should bump the Dark Souls thread instead of posting here let me know. I would in any other situation but Dark Souls II is kind of out and the hot topic right now so I thought not to.

----------------

WASTED that hard mission in XCOM. I got critical shots left and right, and actually managed to capture a floater. Saved SIXTEEN of the eighteen civilians. Went ridiculously well. Had my first casualty the mission after (well, the first casualty I didn’t restart the mission on…). All because I meant to use right-click as a ‘’cancel’’ and not as a movement. I put him right in the goddamn alien’s face. Mission after that had a ‘’very difficult’’ label, but I didn’t think it was that bad. I’m forcing myself to use only one save file. There are a couple others but they’re from like a week ½ ago when I was probably still in the tutorial-ish phase. Amazing game, btw.

·
Finally...
5,932 Posts
No, you're not. I'd love to see Shinji Mikami return to that universe after The Evil Within with Suda51. A Grasshopper/Tango Gameworks developed Shadows of the Damned 2 would be awesome. Plus... that ending.
Yeah, the ending pretty much just screamed "SHADOWS OF THE DAMMED 2" right at your face.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Kinda in a stump here, which one to buy - Max Payne 3, Mafia 2 or LA Noire? I understand they're different games but I'm looking for a mature TPS with a great story to a accompany it (which all three consist of or so I've been told).

·
The Man
25,722 Posts
Damn i really need to go back and finish LA Noire. There are other games i need to finish but i just feel like i should be arrested for never beating it because i was very close to. Think i was promoted and doing the last Case Files or something.

I have way, way too much to say about Dark Souls. Spoiler tags.

Playing online this time and killed an invader~! Tried to summon someone but it said it ‘’failed’’. I got really tired of doing the same area over and over pre-Taurus Demon, so it was a relief when I finally beat him. First time I tried him the archers fucked me over, and the next few times my ‘’keep close’’ strategy would only work for so long. After wasting my firebombs and black firebombs (fucking idiot) trying to beat him, I decided to try the dive-thing that cut down half the health of the asylum demon. Worked eventually, and I beat the boss with what I want to say was no health. I got as close to my TV as I could and I swear I had no red on the black. I rushed out of the bridge and when I saw there was no bonfire in the next room I sort of panicked. Obviously I wouldn’t have to do the boss again, but, shit, I didn’t want to the level again. I died somewhere (IDR where exactly) after talking to the sun guy. Then I went back and died to the big ass boar thing. And like a dumbass I totally MISSED the room where you kick the ladder down to get back to the bonfire. When I eventually go to the bonfire I went ‘’WAIT WHAT WHY AM I BACK HERE?’’, sort of worried that I’d just done a circle for like no reason. Got it worked out eventually, and, shockingly enough, never died from the dragon. In fact I took very, very minimal damage; probably because I was near the end of his fire. Killed the boar eventually after seeing how much damage he took from fire. I used the jump-hit from the stairs as well. I was actually kind of surprised he didn’t respawn, wasn’t much trouble. OK so here I kind of go apeshit. I get up to the higher part of the boar-place and see this IDK what-the-fuck guarding some item. I leave it alone and head through a corridor instead. Here I see a regular undead guy and I’m all ‘’OK I can handle this’’ until a big fucking knight ambushes me. I panic and get out of the hallway. And like an IMBECILE I believe that the knight is what I saw guarding the item, so I figure I’m going to die anyway, I might as well get this item. I didn’t because it was different knight. So I have two knights I’ve never dealt with before chasing me and like five undead. So I just run like a chicken into the church, where this even bigger motherfucker motherfucker MOTHERFUCKER one shots me. I was not looking forward to trying this again, but I eventually dealt with only the first knight and got to the bonfire (which I wish I knew was right to the right). That other knight that comes out of that, like ‘’other’’ stretch of corridor or whatever destroyed me as well. So fuck him. Also fuck the rats. Fuck. The. Rats.

I repair some shit at the blacksmith and decide to fuck the knight-filled torture castle and head out this other way. There’s this big..fucking…thing with no head and like one leg in my way shooting lightning at me, but it isn’t hard to dodge and neither are its attacks. So I give it a try but my weapon is doing so little damage that it would take me like an hour to beat it, so I fucked off. Got to the forest which I thought was so cool and good-looking and found the enemies there pretty pathetic. Until I am triple teamed and one of them grabs me and kills me instantly. Luckily I found that bonfire. I wandered around here a bit and got to the kind of ‘’up and down’’ choice. I choose up and I think that’s where I was slowed down by three stone giant thingys and swarmed by like six enemies. So fuck that. Somewhere else I found this open area where I saw things moving in the background, and I also saw a door I desperately wanted to be unlocked (IT WASN’T). I turn around a see this crystal thing walk around slowly and I hide behind the rock. He fucking LUNGES at me after pretending to walk away so I have to fight him. Not hard at all, but there are like four here. I decide to move toward the area and then out of fucking nowhere these giant soul beam things are being shot and are killing all of the crystal things. I run toward it to maybe try and stop it before realising I am most certainly going to be killed. I run back. And am killed. So fuck that. I died once trying to kill a little shiny lizard. Fuck that. I head downward and see a black knight that that raped me near the Taurus demon, so I sprint past him and to my relief there’s a bonfire in the cave. Turns out it was a huge mistake to go anywhere near it because I go down the elevator and am met with these blue dragons. I start fighting one and even though I can stay behind it really easily and I’m continually hitting it, I’m doing no damage. So I die and FUCK THAT PART. So, as of then, I am stuck between impossible to beat dragons and a knight that makes me shit myself.

I decide ‘’wait a fucking minute I probably shouldn’t be anywhere near this forest yet’’ and head back. I make it eventually to the blacksmith bonfire, and it takes me multiple tries to get back to the original one in Undead Burg. Fuck. Those. Rats. While doing this trek-back nonsense I actually find a way to kill these knights, only the hardest one never even showed up, so I ran past where I thought he was and got the halberd. ‘’HALBERD!? YES!!!!’’ Toward the end of Demon’s Souls I was mainly two-handing a Mirdan Hammer so I thought I’d caught a break. Until I find out I’m pretty heavily low on Dex and Strength and I can barely do 10 damage with it b/c my fucking character can’t properly wield it. After reading notes on the ground with one saying ‘’weakness: tail’’ under the bridge I remember the dragon’s tail thing. Before playing Demon’s or Dark, I knew like four things about Dark Souls 1) It was supposed to be hard 2) some of the bosses and the giantess in white and 3) shoot the dragon’s tail. So I have a longbow (IDR where I got it) and have to level up Dex to use it. I instead level up strength b/c I’m not familiar with the icons. Fucccck. What I was worried about was going in with not enough arrows. I think I eventually went in with 89 or so. Turns out I could have brought like 30 because I got it way quicker than expected. I missed like half of my shots, too. I get this ‘’drake’’ sword and also can’t use it b/c of strength and dex. Grinding in this is a lot better than in Demon’s. Honestly one reason for that – NO LOADING SCREENS. I don’t have to die, I just touch the bonfire and the enemies are back.

I get to the right level at some point and DESTROY EVERYTHING. Those knights I was sacred of? One-shot them. The big fucking knight that one shot me? Three shot him. Some voodoo-looking idiot firing soul arrows/rays at me with like twelve minions? Two shot him. I raped everything and it was awesome. In like five hours I went from feeling like a pathetic amoeba to a guy who did pretty big damage on a boss I’d never seen. Lost to the gargoyles. I honestly wasn’t reallllly expecting a second one to show up. I mean I thought it might, but my actual guess was ‘’no’’, for some reason. I actually said ‘’Goddamn you Demon’s Souls’d me’’. They’re, like, gargoyles again and everything, man. I died in the corner there…kind of worried about the souls I got for DESTROYING EVERYTHING.

I’m also kind of worried because I bought this from eBay and it’s frozen twice. I really don’t want to have to know this is a faulty disc.

If i should bump the Dark Souls thread instead of posting here let me know. I would in any other situation but Dark Souls II is kind of out and the hot topic right now so I thought not to.

----------------

WASTED that hard mission in XCOM. I got critical shots left and right, and actually managed to capture a floater. Saved SIXTEEN of the eighteen civilians. Went ridiculously well. Had my first casualty the mission after (well, the first casualty I didn’t restart the mission on…). All because I meant to use right-click as a ‘’cancel’’ and not as a movement. I put him right in the goddamn alien’s face. Mission after that had a ‘’very difficult’’ label, but I didn’t think it was that bad. I’m forcing myself to use only one save file. There are a couple others but they’re from like a week ½ ago when I was probably still in the tutorial-ish phase. Amazing game, btw.
Glad you seem to be enjoying Dark Souls. Easily one of my favorite games ever,literally spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours playing it.

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
No, you're not. I'd love to see Shinji Mikami return to that universe after The Evil Within with Suda51. A Grasshopper/Tango Gameworks developed Shadows of the Damned 2 would be awesome. Plus... that ending.
Completely agree. Even without that ending I would love to see another game from that universe. Or even another game from MIKAMI and SUDA 51. Always love their games.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Also, Castlevania Lords Of Shadow 1 worth getting? I loved one of those games on the PS2, only had the demo but used to playthrough it every day for a while.
That game was fucking AWESOME. Cannot recommend it enough, easily on par with God of War series. Arguably better boss fights in Lords of Shadows. Toss up between that and Bioshock Infinite for the biggest mindfuck ending of last generation too. Sequel wasn't quite as good, but that game is worth your time.

Played every single Castlevania game, would place that game firmly at the #2 spot.

161 - 180 of 9131 Posts