Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 9131 Posts

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
It's up to the gamer what they value. I always see fanboys arguing about the 'resolution' gate on the Xbox One as opposed to the PS4 - I don't give a shit if a game is 960p or 1080p on whatever console, it's the game that matters. I don't choose a console because of the resolution, but if others do, so be it. I do care about framerate and fluidity of the presentation, though. Same with games. If someone feels a five hour game is not enough to justify a 30 dollar price tag, so be it. I don't really care - I like what I like and buy what I want, everything else be damned. I like MGS and I've played shorter games which cost me more, so it's no skin off my back. Besides, it's supposed to be replayable. A game with replayability is always a good thing.

·
Saucin'
16,178 Posts
I beat the main mission in just under an hour and a half. Granted, it always takes me a while when I play a MGS game to get back into the MGS mindset and groove, so I was sloppy as fuck. Will go through the other side missions and surely replay the main one in the coming days. I got used to Sutherland towards the end of the mission, but I'll still miss Hayter. At the beginning though, Snake and Kaz are speaking but you can't see them, and it was a bit difficult to distinguish who was speaking. It'll take some more getting used to having no Solid Eye/Octocamo/Health Bar/Camouflage percentage.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
You know, I always felt Hayter's voice did not match Snake at all. That's just me, though. By Metal Gear Solid 4, his voice was woefully out of place with the character. Haven't heard Sutherland's voice for Snake yet and I won't until I actually play it, so I will wait and see.

·
In the Heat of the Moment
33,794 Posts
Yeah I couldn't get used to Kiefer as Snake. Snake felt so weird without David Hayter.

They better come out with Phantom Pain soon. I still feel like spending $35 was too much for this game. There might be "5 hours" worth of play when you look around, but I still feel like it was a cheap way of making money by releasing something this way when they could have done this through some other means.

But its okay, also picked up the FFX remaster, so that will keep me occupied, for what, 2 years? :moyes1

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Ubisoft will somehow still manage to fuck this up. I just hope they don't.
fpalm

Because of the Watch_ Dogs thing?

Don't be silly. A. The Division isn't being held back because of last gen consoles so I doubt there will be a massive downgrade. B. Ubi showed more footage for the PS4 version for the share commercial. It looks fine. C. Saying Ubisoft will fuck it up after one bad trailer is ridiculous. Ubisoft has been fucking awesome lately. Did they fuck up Far Cry 3? Did they manage to ruin South Park after buying it? Splinter Cell: Blacklist? Assassin's Creed IV? Nah, all those games were great. If anything, out of the big three publishers, Ubisoft is the one that actually has their shit together and try to deliver.

·
So good they named it thrice
6,336 Posts
fpalm

Because of the Watch_ Dogs thing?

Don't be silly. A. The Division isn't being held back because of last gen consoles so I doubt there will be a massive downgrade. B. Ubi showed more footage for the PS4 version for the share commercial. It looks fine. C. Saying Ubisoft will fuck it up after one bad trailer is ridiculous. Ubisoft has been fucking awesome lately. Did they fuck up Far Cry 3? Did they manage to ruin South Park after buying it? Splinter Cell: Blacklist? Assassin's Creed IV? Nah, all those games were great. If anything, out of the big three publishers, Ubisoft is the one that actually has their shit together and try to deliver.
They censored SP for the EU for no reason, it was completely random. They banned SP in Saudi when the show still airs there. Milked AC until it was bland as fuck, the WD downgrade meltdown, theres no way the game's gonna look like that video either. No way.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
They censored SP for the EU for no reason, it was completely random. They banned SP in Saudi when the show still airs there. Milked AC until it was bland as fuck, the WD downgrade meltdown, theres no way the game's gonna look like that video either. No way.
I don't really see how they milked AC until it was "bland". Each game adds something that improves upon the series in some way.

Would also love to hear you explain how you know Watch_Dogs has "no way of looking like that".

·
So good they named it thrice
6,336 Posts
I don't really see how they milked AC until it was "bland". Each game adds something that improves upon the series in some way.

Would also love to hear you explain how you know Watch_Dogs has "no way of looking like that".
I meant the division. Blame my shit punctuation.

And tbh, I haven't played much of BF, but I haven't enjoyed an AC game since 3.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
I meant the division. Blame my shit punctuation.

And tbh, I haven't played much of BF, but I haven't enjoyed an AC game since 3.
To be fair, no game will ever look as good as it does at E3 or in some previews. What you've seen of The Division so far was most definitely it running on a high end PC.

101 - 120 of 9131 Posts