Wrestling Forum banner

General Chat Thread

120608 1589
Hi all,

Since we won’t be getting the shoutbox back anytime soon, figured this would be a good alternative.

Sometimes, you’ve got something on your mind, but, it’s not really worth an entire thread. This is where this thread comes in.

Just a few guidelines:

- Please do not talk about anything that has a thread. For example, there are 8000 covid related threads. You can discuss those things in the threads already made. This is more for topics that just aren’t enough for a dedicated thread.

- Please do not spam. Examples, just posting a gif, just posting a picture, just saying “hi”. At least make your post have a little effort it in. Instead of “I’m cold”, expand just a bit, at least, like “damn, it’s cold outside, summer certainly made a quick exit”. Add a bit of meat to your post.

If you’re still unsure of what to do in here, please ask. It’s basically a giant “talk about anything” thread, except for topics already made.

Cheers :)
1521 - 1540 of 1590 Posts

· Registered
5,013 Posts
Welp, I had my dreaded eye shot appt over 4 hours ago now and I got an unwelcome surprise. He have me a shot, no in one, but in both eyes and it was slightly under-numbed. I have a high pain threshold but I flinched on the second one.

Took some acetaminophen for the pain but this was me for most of the last 3 hours:

Nope, Not happening, Cut It

Can’t fucking pay me to do that. I don’t fuck with my eyes. Eye Doctors was my nightmare. You can scrape my teeth, give me gross medication, chainsaw my leg in half, but if you try to put Eye Drops in I will shank you!

Eye Doctor- Alright Troy I’m trying going to get my flashlight and sick it right in your eye socket for a minute.

Me-

Eye Doctor- Read line 5 for me

Me- I can’t fucking see

Eye Doctor- You need glasses

· Registered
Trios champ, NA champ
5,772 Posts
Nope, Not happening, Cut It

Can’t fucking pay me to do that. I don’t fuck with my eyes. Eye Doctors was my nightmare. You can scrape my teeth, give me gross medication, chainsaw my leg in half, but if you try to put Eye Drops in I will shank you!

Eye Doctor- Alright Troy I’m trying going to get my flashlight and sick it right in your eye socket for a minute.

Me- View attachment 147671

Eye Doctor- Read line 5 for me

Me- I can’t fucking see

Eye Doctor- You need glasses
Welcome to the world of glasses, it sucks!

· Super Moderator
Go ahead, make my day
36,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,525 ·
I wear glasses and it’s awesome, da fawk, you haters. I don’t often wear them in photos, but, my glasses are for all day wear. I’m luckily not that blind, though, but, glasses rock.

· Super Moderator
Go ahead, make my day
36,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,527 ·
@thatonewwefanguy

I saw that you mentioned being interested in doing a podcast someday.

I have been interested in doing it for a long time now and finally got around to ordering a mic the other day. It should arrive here by Monday, so, I will let you know how it sounds. It's a basic beginner one, nothing fancy, but, it has great reviews, doesn't burn a hole in your pocket, and it's compatible with phones, desktops, laptops, even PS4 and PS5. It has a DSP chip that creates clear sound and the mic has noise reduction so we don't hear someone in your house flushing a toilet in the background lmfao. Also included is a foam windscreen, which helps with your sound.

· Registered
Trios champ, NA champ
5,772 Posts
@thatonewwefanguy

I saw that you mentioned being interested in doing a podcast someday.

I have been interested in doing it for a long time now and finally got around to ordering a mic the other day. It should arrive here by Monday, so, I will let you know how it sounds. It's a basic beginner one, nothing fancy, but, it has great reviews, doesn't burn a hole in your pocket, and it's compatible with phones, desktops, laptops, even PS4 and PS5. It has a DSP chip that creates clear sound and the mic has noise reduction so we don't hear someone in your house flushing a toilet in the background lmfao. Also included is a foam windscreen, which helps with your sound.
Hmm, where'd you get it at, Amazon/online?

· Super Moderator
Go ahead, make my day
36,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,529 ·
Hmm, where'd you get it at, Amazon/online?

I got it from Amazon.

It's a ZealSound USB microphone. Has everything you need for basics.

Of course there are other things you can get, but, it really depends on how serious of a podcast (or video game streamer, etc) you want to be. There is a video posted in reviews of this mic and it sounded excellent. No bad reviews on it in general. This is good to get as a beginner and at least if you don't plan on doing podcasts often, you didn't waste a million dollars on equipment.

· Registered
Trios champ, NA champ
5,772 Posts
I got it from Amazon.

It's a ZealSound USB microphone. Has everything you need for basics.

Of course there are other things you can get, but, it really depends on how serious of a podcast (or video game streamer, etc) you want to be. There is a video posted in reviews of this mic and it sounded excellent. No bad reviews on it in general. This is good to get as a beginner and at least if you don't plan on doing podcasts often, you didn't waste a million dollars on equipment.
Hmm, Nice, That might have to be a gift to myself at some point, thanks for pointing my in the right direction.

Reactions: Lady Eastwood

· Super Moderator
Go ahead, make my day
36,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,531 ·
Hmm, Nice, That might have to be a gift to myself at some point, thanks for pointing my in the right direction.

Just a few thoughts I have on doing a podcast, maybe it will be things you thought about yourself.

The hardest part is material. If you choose a specific topic to your podcast, you obviously have to have enough stuff to discuss. My thought process in doing a podcast is an episode a week, perhaps even an episode every two weeks. Some people do once a month. Really depends on you. Lets pick wrestling as the subject...well, there are tons of wrestling podcasts out there, is it good to start one of your own when there are so many already available that people have been regularly listening to? You can certainly take that route, doesn't mean it wont be a success, just have to think of the amount of 'competition' out there. It is also full of material to discuss weekly, so, you wouldn't have to worry about that. There's a pro and a con right there: lots of material, yet, lots of competition.

If you choose to do a podcast on anything and everything instead of focusing on just one specific subject, it might be harder to keep a crowd. Usually, when people are looking for a podcast, they search for podcasts on particular subjects they are interested in, not so much what joe blow has to say about everything ranging from movie reviews to politics all on one page.

There is also a 'honeymoon phase' which is the excitement of doing one in the beginning, and then just plain running out of steam for whatever reason, whether it be you've grown bored of it, don't have much to say anymore, etc. This is why buying cheaper equipment in the beginning is beneficial, you didn't spend a ton of money on something you didn't do for long.

Just a few things I thought would be good for you to think about in your podcast journey so you can be prepared. Good luck and I hope you end up going ahead with it. I am going with wrestling as I don't care that there are 800 other ones, I hope to be at least somewhat successful, but, if not, whatever, it's something I like to talk about.

1521 - 1540 of 1590 Posts