Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon, there will be no more manholes in the city of Berkeley, California. There will also be no chairmen, no manpower, no policemen or policewomen.

No, that doesn’t mean a whole city will be without committee leaders and law enforcement. It means that words that imply a gender preference will be removed from the city’s codes and replaced with gender-neutral terms, according to a recently adopted ordinance.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/07/18/gendered-language-like-manhole-will-soon-be-banned-from-berkeleys-city-codes/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The idiotic SJW’s strike again

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Its California, who gives a shit.

·
We're all mad here....
955 Posts
George Carlin: "When it comes to changing the language, I think they make some good points. Because we do think in language. And so the quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language. So maybe some of this patriarchal shit ought to go away. I think "spokesman" ought to be "spokesperson." I think "chairman" ought to be "chairperson." I think "mankind" ought to be "humankind." But they take it too far, they take themselves too seriously, they exaggerate. They want me to call that thing in the street a "personhole cover." I think that's taking it a little bit too far! What would you call a ladies' man, a "person's person"? That would make a he-man an "it-person." Little kids would be afraid of the "boogie-person." They'd look up in the sky and see the "person in the moon." Guys would say "come back here and fight like a person," and we'd all sing "For It's a Jolly Good Person," that's the kind of thing you would hear on "Late Night with David Letterperson!"

·
Registered
885 Posts
"Someone help! My kid fell down this person hole" life is getting so stupid...

You can change words all you want. That doesn't change intent. All this is gonna do is fuel the hatred they're trying to extinguish. Hell, maybe that's the intent

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
Surely this bold measure will solve the social ills of Berkeley, like the rampant homelessness and open drug selling and use in public

The instant all the doubleplusbad words are changed, the homeless junkies passed out on the sidewalk - or pissing and shitting on it - will poof! disappear

·
Banned
2,427 Posts
George Carlin: "When it comes to changing the language, I think they make some good points. Because we do think in language. And so the quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language. So maybe some of this patriarchal shit ought to go away. I think "spokesman" ought to be "spokesperson." I think "chairman" ought to be "chairperson." I think "mankind" ought to be "humankind." But they take it too far, they take themselves too seriously, they exaggerate. They want me to call that thing in the street a "personhole cover." I think that's taking it a little bit too far! What would you call a ladies' man, a "person's person"? That would make a he-man an "it-person." Little kids would be afraid of the "boogie-person." They'd look up in the sky and see the "person in the moon." Guys would say "come back here and fight like a person," and we'd all sing "For It's a Jolly Good Person," that's the kind of thing you would hear on "Late Night with David Letterperson!"
Rational people understood this was a comedy segment meant to satirize.

The SJW's interpreted it as a manifesto.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Glad they have their priorities straight.

Who cares bout the mountains of shit on the streets, and needles, the homeless like a zombie horde or 20 million illegals leeching your system? As long as 0.1 percent of the population isnt offended by a word or wrong gender label all is okay.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
God, does my state suck so bad. Imagine passing codes like this while there are other issues within the state currently, let alone the world.

People need to grow the fuck up and quit making everyone miserable just like them.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Here is the ordinance listing all of the recommended words and usages in case anyone is interested.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6205125-Berkeley-gender-neutral-language-ordinance.html#document/p8

:lol

Thank GOD for the electoral college!
Haha that is awesome....no longer will guys say “what frat are you in”...it will now be “what collegiate Greek system residence are you in”

I’d also like to throw the word manager in there to be changed....them-ager or person-ager would suffice

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
does this mean that Mankind will become Humankind?

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
This is the greatest moment in the history of our noncompetition. Because you know sport is a competition with winners and losers and that is not inclusive

Reactions: DOPA and TripleG

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
So I'm guessing they can't say these words: History, Hispanic, Herpes, Mandarin, Management
Personpes (pronounced "person pees" of course) just doesn't have the same ring to it

Or meaning

1 - 20 of 48 Posts