Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Exile on Main Street
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With games such as Ico/Shadow of the Colossus and Medal of Honor: Frontline being remade in high definition, what other games would you like to see receive the HD treatment. Personally i'd love to see the following.

The Legacy of Kain series - Blood Omen 2 in particular.

Twisted Metal: World Tour - TM 3 & 4 both sucked, and i never got round to playing Black, but World Tour was awesome. Really looking forward to the upcoming installment, but i'd also love to see WT remade.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - Absolutely fantastic game that i feel would really benefit from some HD goodness.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS1 original) - The new Hot Pursuit is another game that i've not yet got around to playing, but i used to love the original. Would be fantastic to see those old tracks/cars revamped.

Final Fantasy VII should go without saying.

Medievil - In two minds about this. On the one hand, it could be awesome if updated, on the other, losing it's cartoonishness could also cause it to lose it's charm (leaving Spyro 1 and Croc 1 off this list for that same reason).

I know there's loads more games that i can't think of at the moment, so it's likely i'll be editing this post many, many times.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,463 Posts
Twisted Metal Black is the best in the series, you should check it out.

I'd like to see Fear Effect series get an HD remake, maybe then they can finally release the third one.

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
Hitman: Blood Money

Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2

GTA: San Andreas

GTA: Vice City

True Cime: NYC

All the Twisted Metal games, even though some were clearly better than others. Didn't have a problem with 3 though despite the fact everyone else seems to. 989 had some good ideas, but most of their maps were not good at all.
Twisted Metal Black is the best in the series
Like hell it is. It was a friggin PS2 launch title :lmao

TM2 ftw.

·
Exile on Main Street
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good calls on Resi, Silent Hill, San Andreas and Vice City. Adding the following to my list.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 (never played the first one).
Tenchu
Carmageddon

·
ガッツ
70 Posts
none the originals always better
Beat me to it. I own mainly classic consoles and there is nothing better than playing original games on their original consoles. A big part of the reason why classic games are so much fun is the graphics. The graphics may be 'outdated' but I would rather play Donkey Kong Country 2 on Snes and Sonic 2 on the Genesis than the new HD games, Donkey Kong Country returns and Sonic 4.

You can argue that the older games and consoles don't work properly on LCDs and Plasmas which is why HD versions are useful. But i'm not going to get into that debate...

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
- Jak & Daxter/Ratchet & Clank PS2 stuff because I didn't get a chance to play them. Or more accurately: I wasn't arsed about them at the time. It's more about the former because R&C actually has games on PS3.

- The Hitman trilogy (post first game). So Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money. But I'd prefer them to get their finger out and make the next game already!

- Metal Gear Solid 1-3. I don't really need reasons do I? Granted, number 3 still looks gorgeous.

- Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2. Never played them, I'm interested, but only if they come to PS3 and thus becoming more convenient for me.

- Devil May Cry 1-3. Again, a series I've never got to play.

- Final Fantasy VII. I want to see what the fuss is about, and how big a claim to the title of 'greatest game ever' it can really make.

- GTA 3, Vice City & San Andreas. Obviously.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
Beat me to it. I own mainly classic consoles and there is nothing better than playing original games on their original consoles. A big part of the reason why classic games are so much fun is the graphics. The graphics may be 'outdated' but I would rather play Donkey Kong Country 2 on Snes and Sonic 2 on the Genesis than the new HD games, Donkey Kong Country returns and Sonic 4.

You can argue that the older games and consoles don't work properly on LCDs and Plasmas which is why HD versions are useful. But i'm not going to get into that debate...
tbh Donkey kong country returns > Sonic 2 and is probably tied with Country 2

1 - 20 of 55 Posts