Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Half Life 2.- I remember having my first gaming PC and got that and Vampire Bloodlines, got impressed with Half Life 2 but later tried Bloodlines... and yes that buggy mess of a game made me forget about Half Life 2 I don't even remember what I did with the disc lol, I ended ignoring it and finally losing interest.

Zelda Breath of the WIld.- Amazing game but had one issue with it, the weapons durability smechanic, I hated having to check a lot on the menu changing wepons because of it, I even started to avoid having combats, my best memories about this Zelda were doing puzzles, maybe when I'm done with Fire Emblem Three Houses I gonna try to end it.

·
Premium Member
17,159 Posts
I hear you on BOTW. I quit, but came back later and somewhat enjoyed it.

Shadow of War - this is a technicality. They have one half ass ending, then another you either grind for or pay money. It's almost impossible to do without paying since there's randomness in their orc system.

Final Fantasy 7 - Our PS1 broke :(. I'm playing through the remake now, though.

Perfect Dark (N64) - I literally just sucked and couldn't beat it. A remaster or remake would be a day 1 buy for me.

Pokemon Stadium - all I wanted to do was play the mini games.

Slay the Spire - this is TBD. Haven't had 1 full run yet.

Reactions: Brodus Clay

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear you on BOTW. I quit, but came back later and somewhat enjoyed it.

Final Fantasy 7 - Our PS1 broke :(. I'm playing through the remake now, though.
Remake has some changes that I hated at first but Midgar extended was soo cool for me that ended liking the game a lot, kinda wish all the FF7 world was like that, Midgar made me remember the world of Battle Angel Alita (manga, not that awful movie).

Yes I gonna beat BotW hope the sequel changes that aspect!.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,111 Posts
Horizon Zero Dawn. I liked it a lot, but for some reason never had the urge to beat it. I probably will before the sequel comes out.

Borderlands: Pre-Sequel. I liked it, but it wasn't as good as Borderlands 2 so it's probably why I lost interest a bit.

Batman: Arkham Knight. I think I got annoyed at all the Batmobile sections. Plus it just wasn't as good as Asylum or Arkham City. Still a very pretty and well made game though.

Reactions: Brodus Clay

·
it's a tarp!
5,267 Posts
Psychonauts - It was great it was inventive it was unique it was fun, but because it had the oddest structure of a game I'd ever played I never knew how far I had to go to complete it, and as I had no sense of competition in the end I moved on to something else.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night - Good game, just got bored with it.
Axiom Verge - Couldn't get past something and I got frustrated. I should go back and finish it. Excellent game.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Skyrim - I literally played it for 20 minutes and realized that I would need to dedicate a ton of hours to actually enjoy it and never put it in again. I just don't have the time to put that many hours into a game. I usually end up playing something like COD so I can just play for a half an hour and put it down. I had the same struggle with Red Dead II. Great game,but I just don't have the time for it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Darksiders 1 - way too many puzzles
Hellblade - good combat, but many puzzles and a terrible stealth sequence, i hope the second game has more action.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
The Witcher 3 - Amazing game, but after 90 hours I got bored from the story and didn't finish it, I think I had 3 or 4 missions left.

Nioh - Played a few hours, an enjoyable game but not my style.

Resident Evil 2 - I thought I was just getting started and boom I found out it's almost finished, totally turned me off and didn't finish it.

Doom Eternal - Insane game, I don't even know why I didn't finish it. I had only the final level, maybe I was lazy to play it and started Days Gone instead.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
FF7 Remake

The first FF game I’ve ever played. The only game I’ve never finished. Midway through I just started to find the gameplay repetitive and boring. Every character besides Barret and Aerith was completely uninteresting. Whenever someone died my reaction was simply meh. Even the dialogue was weird. It was so corny and cringey and when they cursed it felt so out of place. Fans always make a big deal out of the story but I found it bland and forgettable. The FF franchise just might not be for me.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,185 Posts
I rarely finish games nowadays, even ones I really like but back when I used to finish most games I never finished Final Fantasy VIII.

When I first played it on PSX I didn't grasp the concept of grinding to build up your characters, so I made it all the way to disk 3 when you're on the space station and I wasn't strong enough to beat the monsters, couldn't backtrack, and didn't have another save file so I said fuck restarting.

7 years later I try to play it again, this time on PS2 and my disc drive started to give out, so I just moved on to Xbox 360.

6 or 7 more years pass and I try it again, this time on PC, I made it almost to the space station like in my original playthrough, this time fully leveled and junctioned up, then my laptop started acting funky so I bought a new one.

It's been 22 years but I swear I'm going to beat this fucking game before I die.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I rarely finish games nowadays, even ones I really like but back when I used to finish most games I never finished Final Fantasy VIII.

When I first played it on PSX I didn't grasp the concept of grinding to build up your characters, so I made it all the way to disk 3 when you're on the space station and I wasn't strong enough to beat the monsters, couldn't backtrack, and didn't have another save file so I said fuck restarting.

7 years later I try to play it again, this time on PS2 and my disc drive started to give out, so I just moved on to Xbox 360.

6 or 7 more years pass and I try it again, this time on PC, I made it almost to the space station like in my original playthrough, this time fully leveled and junctioned up, then my laptop started acting funky so I bought a new one.

It's been 22 years but I swear I'm going to beat this fucking game before I die.

Jesus man, lol. Seems like the universe doesn't want you to. I had no idea that each final fantasy was a stand alone title. Out of disappointment and stubbornness I refused to give 8 a fair shake since i loved 7 so much. Hope you get to finish it 1 day though.

On topic, I rarely finish the story mode of most games I buy. I like fighting games. I generally buy games to fight online. If you can access the entire cast day 1, I dont even bother with the story modes anymore

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Red Dead Redemption II - although saying I "liked" it is a stretch. Boring. Overrated.

God of War - really need to come back to it.

·
rasslin
3,342 Posts
Red Dead Redemption II

Enjoyable game but I really disliked the controls. I just got tired of the combat after a while.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts