Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finishin Arkham Asylum i had a pretty freaky dream last night, one minute i was walking in a room full of vines, the next i was in the sewer getting chased by Killer Croc and finally i was leaping from platform to platform with some bright orange light beaming at me...which lead me to create this thread have there been any games that have lead to nightmares/bad dreams?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
No nightmare but after playing Call of Duty Black Ops for like 16 hours in 2 days I dreamt I was playing it including the crosshair and all. Was cool as fok though.

·
You want it all but you can't have it.
2,986 Posts
When ever I play a zombie game, especially Dead Rising, I end up having zombie dreams. They aren't scary nightmares as such, but quite depressing if a friend/family member dies in the dream.

But when that doesn't happen, the zombie dreams are pretty cool.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Never had a "nightmare" but my favorite video game related dream is one I had during my GTA San Andreas addiction. It was myself and some other Grove Street members in an ambulance driving around and then at the end of the dream, I drove through that empty place which is connected to water and to streets and bridges go above it. After that I drove into the water and woke up from an awesome dream.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
You know what I still don't get is I didn't get nightmares from Silent Hill 1 which I still consider one of all time scariest games ever.

Anywho yes I did have many of them. I really had many from Dino Crisis. Those were freaky.

But many of them obviously from resident evil 3. Way to many times would I find myself in some kind of evil maze where nemesis monster is chasing me. And he is far scarier in the dream believe me. He was far bloodier and gorier. Having those zombie dogs chase after me. Bad times:(.

Another one I can remember really well was Baal Lord of Destruction(Diablo 2 expansion) chasing me in some kinda dungeon. Really scary stuff.

On an interesting unrelated note...last night I dreamt about Teri Hatcher(the one from desperate housewives) and me hooking up with her. Funny thing I never remember having a crush on her. That stuff was just whack.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,582 Posts
I was going to use this one but for COD,and unfortunetely i did :( both both MW1 & 2 god have mercy,because i'm never getting that $120 back.
lol aren't you the one that buys games for story? You should have known that neither of those games would have a good storyline and COD4 had my favorite online experience because it felt kind of new to me and refreshing. Can't say the same for the rest of the games.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
lol aren't you the one that buys games for story? You should have known that neither of those games would have a good storyline and COD4 had my favorite online experience because it felt kind of new to me and refreshing. Can't say the same for the rest of the games.
Yeah bro,and i can admit 4 at least tried really hard at being different for a COD game. Honestly if they put more time into COD's campaign it'd be worthy of the praise it gets. And btw i gave COD a second chance because MW2 looked like it had promise,it was still the 5 hour campaign though.

·
Exile on Main Street
1,001 Posts
Never had a video game related nightmare, but when i was full on into World of Warcraft and i'd spend hours on mining runs to fund raiding costs, i'd occasionally have dreams where my entire vision would be taken up by a mini-map with little gold dots appearing here and there. Had i not quit WoW about that time due to my son being born, those dreams were telling me it was time to give it up anyway.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
One time my big bro left Resident Evil in his PSX when I was about eight years old. Being an eight year old who's only played child friendly games like Crash Bandacoot and Mario, I was a little shocked at what I saw when playing this game. I popped in the disk and began taking control of the main character inside of the mansion. My first instinct was to go outside the front door. All veteran Resident Evil fans should know what happened the second I tried to go out that door. Two raging zombie dogs raged at me trying to tear my face off and nearly making me piss my pants! Never seen anything like that before in a video game and I was freaked out but not enough to stop playing.

The real creepy event that happened to me in this game is when I went down one of the halls where I would have my first zombie encounter. I opened one of the doors down the hall and a short clip played of a Zombie eating a dude on the floor and the slowly turning around and looking at me. Once again I was scared shitless and it only got worse when I tried to kill him without knowing the controls and having the feeling of helplessness while the zombie kept biting off flesh of the character I was controlling. After the Zombie killed me, I turned off the ps1 and GTFO. I would then go on for the next few weeks to have dreams of myself walking down that same hall, opening that same door and facing that zombie and losing every time.

Back then at eight years old it was scary as hell but honestly I haven't ever felt anywhere near as scared in a video game since that moment. The only games that freaked me out a little bit are Silent Hill 2 and Resident Evil 4.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts