Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 631 Posts

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
Re: Game sale/specials thread.

Guys, this package for $12.49 is amazing value. It's worth it just for Crusader Kings 2.

If you’re not terrified of maps then you can play and enjoy Crusader Kings II. It’s that simple. Do you like pondering alternate histories and creating grand narratives? That’s what this game is about. Do you enjoy courtly interplay and elaborate plots of succession, marriage and murder? That’s also what this game is about.

Heck, do you like A Game of Thrones? This is the best Game of Thrones game you will probably ever play, unless you really need the fantasy element and if you do, then for God’s sake just pretend that pagans are riding wolves and French people have six eyes or whatever it is you need to do, but play this game. There’s incest and intrigue aplenty and isn’t that what GRRARGH Martin is really all about?

·
Registered
177 Posts

Final Fantasy XIII-2 for $19.99 new at Gamestop. Weird thing is XIII is still selling for $29.99. I picked it up yesterday but haven't played it yet. I know it came out a few months ago...is it that bad or something to be so cheap?

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts

I just picked up SSX, Soul Calibur V, and Dragon Age 2 for $25. It was thanks to best buy lowering prices and rewards membership.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,976 Posts

Heads up for any pc users, Amazon is having a huge summer sale for the month of July. Games like Max Payne 3, Spec ops and COD are 29.99. I wonder when the Steam sales will start.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,976 Posts

I think it will, last year's was around this time. So much money Im gonna waste this week on games :D. If anyone wants to keep track of game sales, use this site http://www.cheapshark.com/

·
Registered
10,592 Posts

So I went in Gamestop today and as usual walked out disgusted. Could you believe this bullshit? They had iNFAMOUS 2 used for $24.99 and brand new it was $19.99. What the hell? So someone could have walked in picked it up used thinking that they were saving a couple bucks not knowing there was this one copy hid away amongst some other games but iNFAMOUS 2 that was selling brand new for 20 dollars. And that's the thing. It's not like it was amongst other copies of iNFAMOUS 2. It was like hid away. And in typical Gamestop fashion, it's new but somehow the sealed was already cracked.

Anyway, screw Gamestop. Right now there's a sale at We Got Games. If a game is $9.99 you get 2 games for $15. I got Resistance Fall of Man and Kane and Lynch 2. Not too bad of a deal if you ask me.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,474 Posts

Don't be a moron, Gamestop is having a deal that lowers the new price. It'll go back up in a week.

Also, you got ripped off on Kane and Lynch and Resistance. You shouldn't have paid more than $10.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts

Don't be a moron, Gamestop is having a deal that lowers the new price. It'll go back up in a week.

Also, you got ripped off on Kane and Lynch and Resistance. You shouldn't have paid more than $10.
The way I look at it Resistance 1 is a classic thhat's hard to find in its original packaging, that is not a Greatest Hits. Kane and Lynch is a fairly new game as well. What the heck you expect me to pay $5 for a game that came out in 2010? Or a classic like Resistance?

BTW, Gamestop fucking sucks. Stop trying to defend them. It's a well known fact by now that they rip you off. Their mark ups are ridiculous on used games.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,474 Posts

Kane & Lynch 2
http://videogames.pricecharting.com/search?q=dog+days&type=videogames&submit=Go

Resistance
http://videogames.pricecharting.com/search?q=resistance+&type=videogames&submit=Go

Like I said, no more than $10

And K&L 2 is a fucking pile of shit. You might as throw it away.

How are their markups bad?

If the game is retailing at $60, they will give you $20-30 depending on how new it is, then they need a good profit margin, so another $20-25 is a good markup to cover overhead, wages, leasing, and everything else Gamestop does like their website, advertising, headquarters, etc. They need to make an actual profit off it.

Do people not fucking understand how a business works? After covering all the necessary costs, they probably make barely $5 net profit on any used game priced $50 or more.

People go to them to sell/buy used games. They are a third party doing a service for you. Acting as a middle man. If you have a problem, get off your lazy ass and go on eBay, Craigs, or Amazon and buy it off their cheaper + shipping.

Its idiotic how people still get upset over Gamestop's used game policies. Of course they aren't going to give you new full price, nor more than $10 on that game you bought last month for $60 that is actually retailing for $20-30 now at Wal-Mart. Don't be an early adopter if you are to stingy about your money.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #93

·
Ignoring SCOTT STIENER
983 Posts

So I went in Gamestop today and as usual walked out disgusted. Could you believe this bullshit? They had iNFAMOUS 2 used for $24.99 and brand new it was $19.99. What the hell? So someone could have walked in picked it up used thinking that they were saving a couple bucks not knowing there was this one copy hid away amongst some other games but iNFAMOUS 2 that was selling brand new for 20 dollars. And that's the thing. It's not like it was amongst other copies of iNFAMOUS 2. It was like hid away. And in typical Gamestop fashion, it's new but somehow the sealed was already cracked.

Anyway, screw Gamestop. Right now there's a sale at We Got Games. If a game is $9.99 you get 2 games for $15. I got Resistance Fall of Man and Kane and Lynch 2. Not too bad of a deal if you ask me.
When I bought CoD 4 from my Gamestop the New was $39 but the used was $54.

·
Altered State
5,976 Posts

·
Bad Moon Rising
4,253 Posts

People in the UK buying Halo 4 -

http://www.tesco.com/direct/halo-4-with-tesco-exclusive-raptor-armour-skin/573-4932.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=573-4932 - Add Halo to your basket.

Then

http://www.tesco.com/direct/entertainment-books/dvd-bargains/cat13560035.list?catId=4294886308&&range=BTWN+0+3&icid=dvdbargains_navstamp_slot1 - Add a dvd to your basket.

Enter these voucher codes on the payment page (in order) -

TD-PXTM
TD-KMPW

Halo 4 and a DVD for £30.87 8*D
'You must spread rep'

I LOVE YOU

·
Premium Member
5,626 Posts

For anyone who is interested, both Oblivion DLCs Knights of the Nine and Shivering Ifles are o offer this week only on xbl. KotN is 200 MS points and SI is 600 MS points.

81 - 100 of 631 Posts