Wrestling Forum banner

2281 - 2293 of 2293 Posts

·
Team AEW
2,960 Posts
Arya's wolf's pack and/or Bran worging into some from the north and bringing them to Winterfell.
I thought direwolfes in this universe are supposed to be extinct? When Arya and Nymeria reunited in s7, Nymeria was with regular wolfpack, not with other direwolfes. And I'm sure they hinted that White Walkers destroyed and turned every living creature in the North.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,021 Posts

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,689 Posts
https://www.theringer.com/game-of-thrones/2019/8/1/20750249/game-of-thrones-series-finale-script-questions

:lmao :lmao

One can count among the myriad institutions and entities the baby boomer generation ruined the HBO series Game of Thrones, based on the series finale script. :lol

Also, just for the sake of factual records, Kit Harington is the shortest person claiming to be 5'8" I have ever personally encountered, by accident, on the streets of San Francisco (cue the music). :lol
Fucking awful. I will never support anything written by Dickhead and Douchebag ever again, maybe if they're only producers because I think they actually did a good job at that. Kathleen Kennedy needs to fire DnD and Rian Johnson asap, they combined have amassed so much ill will from Star Wars' target demographic that there's no way the next trilogy can be successful.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,636 Posts
Yesterday I saw the documentary that they made for the final season of Game of Thrones, pretty cool watch tbh, I would even say that it was better than most of the final season :shrug

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
Fucking awful. I will never support anything written by Dickhead and Douchebag ever again, maybe if they're only producers because I think they actually did a good job at that. Kathleen Kennedy needs to fire DnD and Rian Johnson asap, they combined have amassed so much ill will from Star Wars' target demographic that there's no way the next trilogy can be successful.
Kathleen Kennedy is a bean counting, pencil pushing, talent-less, hack.

She needs to be fired even more than Dumb and Dumber and Ruin Johnson.

Also, on a somewhat related note, I'm a quarter through Dance with Dragons and holy shit are the books amazing. Reading them really makes it clear just how much D&D fucked up seasons 5-7 before finally shitting themselves and face-planting with season 8.

How do you cut out the Greyjoys and The Martells? HOW?!

·
40,723 Posts
Kennedy needs to fire herself. She hired Dan and Dave because she's a total idiot.

I will also never respect humanity for just now realizing these two guys are fucking awful writers. GoT was bad for years.

How do you cut out the Greyjoys and The Martells? HOW?!
I've been saying that for years. The way they wrote both families is just fucking stupid.

Let's not forget Benioff wrote or co-wrote Wolverine: Origins. I was always leery of him being involved with this thing since the start.

OH MY GOD HER SATANIC MAJESTY'S REQUEST

:heston :heston :heston

its worse than we thought possible....

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
I will also never respect humanity for just now realizing these two guys are fucking awful writers. GoT was bad for years.
I think there was a level of denial due to how outstanding the first four seasons were, a handful of glaring exceptions aside *coughTyshacough* as well as, in retrospect severely misplaced, faith that the hiccups experienced in the later seasons were leading to an epic finale.

But yeah, excuses aside, you were right. D&D were, are, and will continue to be, complete and utter, coattail riding shite.

.. from that standpoint D&D and Kathleen might actually deserve each other..

Just a pity they're going to sink, cannibalize, and bury Star Wars along with them.

·
40,723 Posts
I think there was a level of denial due to how outstanding the first four seasons were, a handful of glaring exceptions aside *coughTyshacough* as well as, in retrospect severely misplaced, faith that the hiccups experienced in the later seasons were leading to an epic finale.

But yeah, excuses aside, you were right. D&D were, are, and will continue to be, complete and utter, coattail riding shite.

.. from that standpoint D&D and Kathleen might actually deserve each other..

Just a pity they're going to sink, cannibalize, and bury Star Wars along with them.
This is just my opinion obviously, but I think they did a lot worse than the finale or even the final season as a whole in previous seasons. I'm not saying it's good really, but they fucked up plenty getting to this point.

To actually read their writing though is pretty fucking funny. They are so bad.

I remember mocking that shot of Drogon's wings behind Dany as I watched it. I knew DD were so proud of coming up with that. It actually does look good, but it's so heavy handed.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,021 Posts
Stand corrected:

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are both 48 years old. They are "Gen-X."

So much as they latched on to another work of art as a template from which to build their enterprise with George R.R. Martin's creation, so too are they apparently post-baby boomer baby boomers. :lol

·
The Sundance Kid
18,291 Posts
Yeah they never understood the story they were adapting at any level. Tyrion not being in the "book". :lol His kidnapping by Catelyn was literally the trigger for the whole conflict south of the Wall. It's like writing a book on World War I without mentioning Archduke Franz Ferdinand, except even worse because Tyrion was also a major player throughout the story.

2281 - 2293 of 2293 Posts