Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOTY 2019

We're 3 months in already, & since @Blackbeard isn't around anymore :( I figured I'd post this.

So anyone got any favourites so far? Or games coming out that you're looking forward to?

Reactions: Dolorian

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
I haven't played anything that came out this year so far. As far as contenders, Ghost of Tsushima looks like, to me, it'll probably be the GOTY if everything goes right with it.

·
Premium Member
17,151 Posts
Ori and the will of the Wisps.

If they can patch the constant freezes, it should be a top 10 contender at year end. I expect RE3, FF7, and Doom Eternal to be GOTY contenders. I'm thinking Ghost of Tsushima will be as popular and as good as Days Gone. Good, but nothing new and note worthy.

·
24,250 Posts
The Last Of Us Part II is my most anticipated game of the year and personally I think unless something drastic happens it has the GOTY spot in the bag for me. FFVII Remake is the only one that I see that could potentially challenge it but I am not so sure even tho I am hugely looking forward to it.

·
Death Rides a Horse
1,017 Posts
Ghost of Tsushima certainly lived up to the hype for me. The main story missions along with the side missions (from your allies) were top notch and kept me engaged from beginning to end. The black and white film grain Akira Kurosawa mode was also a nice touch and the soundtrack was excellent.

Where the game begins to fall apart is the extra optional basic content (missions) like go here kill x, investigate y, and find z. Fox shines, hot springs, there is just so much extra pointless bloat clearly inspired by the Assassin's Creed games to waste your time, especially if you plan on going for the platinum. Everything else is gold.

Also hats off to Sucker Punch for the ridiculously fast load times in GoT. I swear there is some serious voodoo sorcery going on here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts