Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
\m/
24,147 Posts
If it does comes out this year: The Last of Us Part II

Only game I see challenging it (again if it does comes out this year) is Death Stranding assuming Kojima hits a home run with it.

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
Resident evil won't get close in my opinion, I doubt kh3 will either.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
my guess is it will be last of us part 2 or death stranding if they come out.

days gone could be a dark horse but probably not (looks rather run of the mill stuff atm).

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
I think I'd have to go for Plague Tale too.

There's certainly been a few great titles this year even if some of them didn't appeal to me personally. From games I enjoyed like Res2, Goose Game, Link's Awakening, Outer Worlds and Plague Tale, to admitedly great games that just don't click with me for one reason or another like RDR2 or Sekiro.

Plague Tale was absolutly the one that stuck with me most.

·
\m/
24,147 Posts
Yeah the year was not really great when it comes to games and after thinking about it out of my list of potential picks for game of the year:

• Resident Evil 2
  • Sekiro
  • Judgement
  • Death Stranding
I decided to go with Sekiro as my game of the year as it is the most well rounded package out of the bunch.

REmake 2 was fun but I felt that it lacked when it came to atmosphere particularly in terms of the music and there was some tension in the gameplay with the change to the over the shoulder view on the one hand and the desire to keep the same "tank" controls on the other. A dodge button would have helped things quite a bit. Death Stranding was my most anticipated game of the year and I ended up being disappointed with it. Never found myself wanting to go back to it after completing the main story. Judgement was quite good with a very strong narrative and characters but I felt that it fell short when it came to the gameplay and the game didn't really make the best use of it's mechanics like the dialogue options and the drone you can use which felt very underutilized in the game.

So yeah, Sekiro to me is the best game of the year. It felt rather restrictive coming from Dark Souls/Bloodborne as it lacks the build variety of those games and the "fashion souls" aspect of it but it is a very focused game that seeks to do something and does it well.

But overall for my part I felt that this year lacked a really strong hit like last year had with God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2. 2020 will absolutely have them tho with The Last Of Us Part II, Final Fantasy VII Remake and Cyberpunk 2077 already lined up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts