Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Re: Gail Kim Takes Shot At Vince McMahon Over Kurt Angle’s Wrestlemania Match, Paul Heyman Wants A Royalty Check, Baron Corbin Donates To A Good Cause

I guess we can call him Charitable Corbin, too.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Re: Gail Kim Takes Shot At Vince McMahon Over Kurt Angle’s Wrestlemania Match, Paul Heyman Wants A Royalty Check, Baron Corbin Donates To A Good Cause

John Cena should have got this match over Corbin unless it's going to be a squash match as a last hurrah for Angle.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts

She's right. I don't care if Gail Kim is bitter or what her history is in Impact that people are mad about or whatever, she's still right. Baron Corbin is an insulting choice for a retirement match.

Steve Austin gets The Rock. Ric Flair gets Shawn Michaels. Shawn Michaels gets The Undertaker. Kurt Angle gets.....Baron Corbin. KURT. ANGLE. Olympic gold medalist and 6 time WWE/World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle. Kurt Angle who beat Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania. Kurt Angle who, to my knowledge is the only person to ever make Hulk Hogan submit (as a babyface if nothing else). This is an absurd idea, and even if it gets changed to John Cena, which it won't, just them scheduling this match is a clear message to Angle that he's being buried because instead of retiring when they canned him from wrestling in 2006, he went to TNA instead and had the bulk of his career there.

Kurt Angle didn't have to get the biggest name in the world for his retirement match, but why couldn't he have his last match against AJ Styles? A match with Randy Orton is not important, it's not for anything, and it could've been delayed a month. He's Kurts favourite opponent, Kurt said so himself, he'd have a safe match with him, protect him as much as anyone can, and it'd be a nice callback to fans who know their story and it does no harm to anybody. If it was John Cena, that's fine too. He's a bigger name, and the history between them goes back to where Kurt Angle beat John Cena in John Cenas first match, now Cena can beat Angle in Angles last match. Everything comes full circle. Baron Corbin is just being done as a political statement against Kurt, and a quest for heat with fans that will only turn people off.

If Kurt insisted on putting over a newer guy, that would be fine too, but Baron Corbin is not the guy with the potential to gain anything from this. It'll only harm his character even further like when they tried to make Jason Jordan Kurt Angles son. People don't buy the guy at that level. You could've had Angle put over someone like Kevin Owens since he's not doing anything at Mania anymore. You could've had Angle put over Johnny Gargano. Pick your random new or moderately established guy. Corbin does not have the skills to capitalize on anything he's given.

If I were Kurt Angle, I would take this match with Baron Corbin, "retire" and then go to AEW and wrestle Kenny Omega just to shove it up Vinces ass.

·
Registered
396 Posts

The honor of retiring angle should go to bryan, and i ain't even a bryan fan

·
Registered
2,514 Posts

What I want to know is why is Gail knocking on the booty's. Aint nothing wrong with eating a big bowl of booty's :D

·
Registered
5,784 Posts

Angle himself said he wanted Cena, Taker, Joe or AJ. I get that AJ and Joe are on SD and already have matches, and Taker may not be working the show, but Cena was originally scheduled for the show. They should have booked that, it would've been a good story too since they wrestled eachother in Cena's debut years ago.

Corbin is very underwhelming, and honestly, quite disrespectful in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts

I think you add in the fact to Kurt said the McMahon's gave him freedom to pick anyone he wants.

Once he said Baron Corbin fans were like Yeah fucking right Kurt, someone back their TOLD YOU to pick Corbin

·
Registered
4,893 Posts

I would be too if I was her. She is one of the biggest figures in the women's revolution and WWE will never recognize that. She is successful without them, married a successful man regardless so she has nothing to be bitter about. I for one enjoy her calling Vince an asshole because

A. It's entertaining

B. It's warranted after how bad the booking in WWE has been
I wouldn't invite her back either the way she threw a fit and eliminated herself in her last match, completely unprofessional.

·
Registered
20,608 Posts

Conversely, Roman retiring Taker or Drew crushing Angle didn't do them any good either.

Not to mention that Brock beating the streak was more effective than if it was broken by, for example, Bray Wyatt.
Well Reigns was already heavily established with multiple Mania main events, world titles, and being the FotC. Drew actually retiring Angle could've been used vs just beating Angle. As far as Brock I'd argue they could've got the same effect of Brock is unbeatable by not having Cena and HHH beat him.

I just think it's better to give the rub to somebody who can use it. Versus going with "well Cena had his first match against Angle so it's like full circle".

·
Registered
2,008 Posts

What business is it of Gail Kim?

She don't work there anymore. She should STFU, and concentrate on her own work in Impact.
She is clearly a friend of his and think he is getting screwed over in his last match for the company he has sacrificed so much for and she and others do have a legitimate gripe.

Wouldn't you agree that Kurt Angle has done enough for and in WWE and is a big enough star that he should be able to go out more on his own terms than having a throw away last match at wrestlemania no less?

What exactly is it about publicly caring that ticks people off so much?

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
10,518 Posts

Here's what baffles me when a talent is hanging up the boots wouldn't the right thing to do is give the younger talent the rub? Why is gail trying to become relevant?

·
Registered
6,392 Posts

Gail Kim is a bitter irrelevant nobody.

·
Southern Pride
2,893 Posts
Re: Gail Kim Takes Shot At Vince McMahon Over Kurt Angle’s WrestleMania Match, Paul Heyman Wants A Royalty Check, Baron Corbin Donates To A Good Cause

To be fair to Vince, he maybe didn't pick Angles opponent. He maybe has nothing to do with it.

From what I have heard about Kurt Angle in the past is that he has been willing to put over the younger guys. Maybe even too much. Him tapping out to his own finisher to McIntyre maybe could have been his own idea. So if this is true, maybe he really did have a choice and is fine with Corbin being in his last match.

Corbin is still a poor choice, a long build to the storyline or not.

I wonder if Gail Kim knows more than what we know about this or she is just assuming things.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts

My man Corbin doin good for the world despite the world shitting on him. Keep it up brother.
well in keep mind that bad people with money do give to good cause's aswell

21 - 36 of 36 Posts