Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched for it and there doesn't seem to be a Gail Kim Megathread. Well, that's not fair! And I'm here to change that!

Let us show our appreciation for this Korean beauty!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She was/is a hell of an athlete, and yet another who WWE completely failed to make use of when they had her.
Yes. If anything, she haa sproved you don't necessarily need WWE to have a pretty good career and being one of the best at what you do. Then again, that's easier for a woman since women's wrestling wasn't taken that seriously in USA for most history. TNA were kind of the pioneers of Women's Revolution long before WWE even thought of it. Gail Kim had quite a head start and was able to be the face of TNA's women's division.

But still, the notion that only what happens in WWE matters is something a lot of wrestling fans still buy into, due to it bring BY FAR the most well-known and successful wrestling company in the world. So yeah, if your best work isn't in Vinnie Mac's company, then the majority of wrestling fans in the world won't know about your existence.

Even though WWE induct everyone and their mother into their HOF, I can't see them ever inducting Gail Kim despite her winning the Women's Championship one time nearly 2 decades ago. She has clearly burned her bridges with the company and she didn't do anything else memorable in the company to warrant an induction that could help promote a future documentary or best of matches list.

WWE will only recognise Gail Kim again and possibly induct her into their HOF if they happen to buy Impact Wrestling, but if they wanted to do that they'd have done it a long time ago. Plus, the various people who owned the company never wanted to sell it, it seems.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Gail Kim v Kong is still probably my favourite women’s match of all time, followed by britt vs rosa.

Kim is near the top for best of all time

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I agree it is doubtful that WWE will ever recognize her existence again, but AEW may at some point down the line. She's a pioneer in the industry and I could see her doing a one off or quick appearance on AEW as some sort of guest-legend angle. I could see both her and AEW enjoying that.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Disgusting the way WWE wasted one of the GOATS. Her stuff in TNA with Kong is GOAT material. What was as baffling as that was disgusting was hearing Vince being surprised that people found her attractive as she was Asian. Like, wtf.

Everyone acts like the women wrestlers today are so great but, in reality, none of them even come close to Gail. They're just fortunate to wrestle in an era where women's wrestling is treated with respect as opposed to Kim who wrestled in the "show uz yer titz, luv" era.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Disgusting the way WWE wasted one of the GOATS. Her stuff in TNA with Kong is GOAT material. What was as baffling as that was disgusting was hearing Vince being surprised that people found her attractive as she was Asian. Like, wtf.

Everyone acts like the women wrestlers today are so great but, in reality, none of them even come close to Gail. They're just fortunate to wrestle in an era where women's wrestling is treated with respect as opposed to Kim who wrestled in the "show uz yer titz, luv" era.
Vince is really out of touch and doesn't know anything about the real world. Apparently all he does is micromanage everything in WWE, workout and barely sleep?

WWE's 2nd run was a waste of Gail's time. What did she even do besides having a sort of romantic angle with Bryan? The only positive thing about her 2nd WWE run was meeting Robert Irvine, the man who'd eventually become her husband.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
too bad we can't post her nudes on here
Well, if we could post nudes, then this section of the forum would become ungovernable lol

Anyway.

Must be nice waking up and going the kitchen in the morning and seeing this visual:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts