Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Baby Yoda
30,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that AA have been split, it's given Gable a chance to shine. Gable had an impressive outing against AJ a few weeks back, I think it would be good to build Gable up slowly in the midcard before pitting him against AJ again, but this time with Gable emerging victorious. AJ is bound to drop the title so he can go back into the WWE title picture and this would work best if he drops the title to someone who could do with the rub of beating a big name clean. Previously, I had thought it would be good for Zayn, but with AA officially done it makes more sense for Gable to get this.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Re: Gable should be the one to defeat AJ for the US title

He should go to 205 live.

·
Angry at refs
5,584 Posts

I'll agree, although build Chad up over time. Have him defeat a semi-profile name, and again, and again, working his way up the roster. Actually show that he's capable and DESERVES it. Not the whole "random title shot yay I win" thing that WWE always does.

·
Registered
258 Posts

No he should have matches against cena and Orton on smackdown and look good even while in defeat and look like a star similar to Cesaro and then win us title.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts

I agree but only after a few months. Both Gable & Tye should be built up over next few months to be credible mid card champions. Them, plus Zayn, Owens, Ziggler, AJ and Nakamura make an excellent US title picture with Cena part time. (Owens & AJ can be wwe champion when needed)

·
Registered
6,209 Posts

I agree, the guy is talented and has star written all over him. He's going to be the future Kurt Angle imo, of course Vince and co would get behind Jason Jordan cause of his size but Gable was the star of that team and he's the one who the fans will get behind. I would love to see him win the US title from Styles (who has been putting Gable over big) but WWE will give it to some one less talented of course.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts

Gable is no where near AJ's league.
Not yet(Though AJ is quite overrated these days. He has always needed an exceptional performer to do something truly great and rarely elevates anyone with "inferior" ability. He barely had passable matches with a deteriorated Jericho(which is still better than many guys).). He is also a different type of wrestler. Gable is incredible and only has a few years pro wrestling experience. Huge upside for him, though it remains to be seen whether WWE will utilize him properly. Gable can be a big part of the future in WWE.

I see him nothing more than Mojo/ Zach Ryder.
Ryder is criminally underused and has been for years. Gable has talent, personality, and is genuinely fun to watch. It's just a matter of WWE getting behind him.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts

I see him nothing more than Mojo/ Zach Ryder.
I think he can be a very good babyface IC/US title talent at the very least. Maybe a potential challenger for a title, he's got a likeability and talent not many have on WWE roster.

·
Registered
937 Posts

Gable could be an upper card face. Very unusual for someone of his size but he has the tools. Plenty of charisma and able to express what he wants to very well in the ring. He combines pro wrestling with just enough amateur to remind people where he's from and that gives him a legitimacy that compensates for being short.

·
Banned
1,605 Posts

Not yet(Though AJ is quite overrated these days. He has always needed an exceptional performer to do something truly great and rarely elevates anyone with "inferior" ability. He barely had passable matches with a deteriorated Jericho(which is still better than many guys).). He is also a different type of wrestler. Gable is incredible and only has a few years pro wrestling experience. Huge upside for him, though it remains to be seen whether WWE will utilize him properly. Gable can be a big part of the future in WWE.

Ryder is criminally underused and has been for years. Gable has talent, personality, and is genuinely fun to watch. It's just a matter of WWE getting behind him.
Gave Roman the best matches of his career...........

Reactions: V-Trigger

·
Registered
664 Posts

:lmao

·
Registered
6,563 Posts

Gave Roman the best matches of his career...........
So your argument is that Styles had high quality matches with a Reigns and that is supposed to mean something. Reigns is incredibly consistent and has been for a while. People will bag on the guy for not being a great technical wrestler, but he delivers.

What metric other than personal bias against Reigns and towards Styles are you using?

If we we're to go by Meltzer's ratings(which I hate, but people seem to hang their hats on) Styles didn't increase upon anything that Roman hadn't accomplished before hand.

Meltzer gave the styles matches 3.75(Payback) and 4.5(Extreme Rules) Reigns has had "better" matches than Payback 16 with many people including Big Show, Sheamus and Braun Strowman also Cesaro(all of this according to Meltzer)and matches equal to Extreme Rules '16 with, Kevin Owens(RR 2017), Lesnar/Rollins(Mania), Lesnar/Ambrose(Fastlane '16) not taking into account matches while a member of The Shield.

source: http://www.profightdb.com/wrestler-star-ratings/roman-reigns-6728.html?prom_id=2&res=2000

While I understand that persona taste is a huge factor and I am not trying to imply that Styles isn't an exceptional talent there is really no proof that Styles elevated Reigns to any new levels from an objective point of view.

So with that in mind there is no reason to believe that AJ measurably elevated Gable to a level that he wouldn't otherwise be capable of.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts

Name one time that Styles did something incredible without an exceptional performer. That doesn't mean a great technical wrestler.

I mean if you look at it from Meltzer's ratings as the standard AJ Styles and Kazuchika Okada had a 4.5 star match. Which means that either Okada and Reigns are at the same level as performers or AJ isn't as great as advertised.

I like AJ a lot, but I won't put him on a pedestal he doesn't belong on. Does he deserve to be on a pedestal of course he does just not the one people seem to put him on.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts