Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course since WrestleMania is now being held in stadiums. I can imagine these places holding at LEAST one Mania in the future: I'm not listing SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles because it's already confirmed for next year.

• US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, MN. Former host city of AWA and many wrestling legends are from the state of Minnnesota.
  • The Dome at America's Center in St. Louis, MO. St. Louis a famous pro wrestling city.
  • Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC. Carolinas are famous for Jim Crockett Promotions and of course the Flairs.
  • Nissan Stadium in Nashville, TN. Again, Tennessee a Pro Wrestling hotbed back in the day.
  • Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN. Held Mania in Indy before at old Hoosier Dome.
  • FedExField in Landover, MD. Washington, DC should host a Mania.
  • Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, FL. I know they hosted it before, but that was before they added the renovations, including the canopy.
  • Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, GA. City held Mania before at old Georgia Dome.
  • Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, NV. City held Mania before at Ceasar's Palace.
  • SDCCU Stadium in San Diego, CA. City should host a Mania.
What do you think of these choices? Which Venues would you like to see host a WrestleMania someday?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Wrestlemania 38 - Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
Wrestlemania 39 - Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wrestlemania 40 - AT&T Stadium, Dallas, Texas
Wrestlemania 41 - Hard Rock Stadium, Miami, Florida
Wrestlemania 42 - Metlife Stadium, NY/NJ

That's what I expect the next five to be tbh, though I could see Orlando instead of Miami.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'll be surprised if either Wembley, Cardiff or Tottenham Hotspur Stadium don't make a bid in the next five years. We'll see how Spurs do with the AJ fight in June, but the venues are in the UK now for it, and the time difference clearly isn't an issues anymore with the Network.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Minneapolis is deserving of a Wrestlemania for a long time...hey, why not the Alamodome (San Antonio), since it hosted the 1997 Royal Rumble?

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
37 - Performance Center
38 - Performance Center
39 - Performance Center
kidding

38 - Rogers Centre, (SkyDome), Toronto, Canada
39 - Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas, Nevada
40 - Madison Square Garden, New York City
41 - Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
42 - Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Massachusetts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about Mania's being held at:
-Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City.
-Empower Field in Denver.
-Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia.
-Soldier Field in Chicago.

·
Premium Member
10,183 Posts
I thought Lucas Oil Stadium was going to hold one for like 10 years now. Unfortunately they only seem to be going for the "major" tourism states/cities now. 3rd held in Florida in 8 years, 2 at the MetLife (though advertised as New York), 2 in New Orleans, 2 in Cali etc.

Give me one at the US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis & Mercedes Stadium in Atlanta. Allegiant Stadium in Nevada will undoubtedly have one in 2022/23.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Of course since WrestleMania is now being held in stadiums. I can imagine these places holding at LEAST one Mania in the future: I'm not listing SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles because it's already confirmed for next year.

• US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, MN. Former host city of AWA and many wrestling legends are from the state of Minnnesota.
  • The Dome at America's Center in St. Louis, MO. St. Louis a famous pro wrestling city.
  • Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC. Carolinas are famous for Jim Crockett Promotions and of course the Flairs.
  • Nissan Stadium in Nashville, TN. Again, Tennessee a Pro Wrestling hotbed back in the day.
  • Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN. Held Mania in Indy before at old Hoosier Dome.
  • FedExField in Landover, MD. Washington, DC should host a Mania.
  • Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, FL. I know they hosted it before, but that was before they added the renovations, including the canopy.
  • Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, GA. City held Mania before at old Georgia Dome.
  • Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, NV. City held Mania before at Ceasar's Palace.
  • SDCCU Stadium in San Diego, CA. City should host a Mania.
What do you think of these choices? Which Venues would you like to see host a WrestleMania someday?
Don't see Mania ever touching St Louis, Charlotte, Nashville, Landover, or San Diego TBH.

I think it'll be a steady rotation of Los Angeles, Vegas, MetLife, one of the Florida cities and one of the the Texas cities

·
Registered
46 Posts
given the situation on the covid-19 pandemic I think the City of Tampa should get it for 2022 (WrestleMania 38) being that it has already been announced that LA is getting it next year 2021.... this pandemic was of no fault to the city of Tampa for being canceled it's only right they still get that chance to host thoughts ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
How about Mania's being held at:
-Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City.
-Empower Field in Denver.
-Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia.
-Soldier Field in Chicago.
-The weather in April isnt so good for an outdoor Mania here in Philly, 90% chance of rain.

- Chicago is a shit-hole, might as well hold it in Detroit

·
Is a Snit Head
22,361 Posts
I really don't see them holding it in a city that isn't already a tourist destination. And not to knock the OP I don't think the WWE really cares about the wrestling history of the host cities at this point.

I'm sure Minneapolis is a nice city. I'm also sure that people from all over the world aren't going to want to visit there in late March or early April. If I remember correctly there was a survey that WWE did for their package holders and Minnesota kind of had any chance of getting Wrestlemania ruined from the results of those surveys. There's too big a risk people just won't want to go.

I think New Orleans is going to remain in a rotation and Florida is going get the event a lot. They made a shit ton of money at Metlife too and the demand for that event was through the roof. I imagine they keep going to those places. LA is getting a shot and if it goes well I'm sure they will be going there. And I could see Vegas getting into the mix because that city is literally designed for events.

·
Banned
80 Posts
I could see them going somewhere in the United Kingdom within the next three to five years.

London, Dublin, or Glasgow are all cities in which I could see hosting a future Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I don't think it'll leave a warm place unless it's NY/NJ.. here's what I think the next few ones will be.

WM38- Allegiant Stadium Las Vegas, NV
WM39- Hard Rock Stadium, Miami, FL
WM40- AT&T Stadium, Dallas, TX

·
Registered
543 Posts
why not the Alamodome (San Antonio), since it hosted the 1997 Royal Rumble?
It hosted the RR in 2017 too.

I was there. It was a cluster F. Concession lines 50+ people long. The floor seating was a disaster. Old ass stadium rarely having more than a few thousand in attendance.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I think New Orleans is going to remain in a rotation and Florida is going get the event a lot. They made a shit ton of money at Metlife too and the demand for that event was through the roof. I imagine they keep going to those places. LA is getting a shot and if it goes well I'm sure they will be going there. And I could see Vegas getting into the mix because that city is literally designed for events.
Agree, I think it's going to be a rotation of NY/NJ, Los Angeles, Florida (Orlando/Miami/Tampa/maybe Jacksonville if they make a big bid), Texas (Dallas/Houston), Las Vegas, New Orleans over six years and maybe an occasional one off city such as Atlanta and Nashville every now and again.

London, Dublin, or Glasgow are all cities in which I could see hosting a future Wrestlemania.
The only UK city suitable to host a WM if realistic is London, with maybe Cardiff and Manchester at a big push. Glasgow and Dublin are alright for UK RAW and SD tapings but not WM.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Agree, I think it's going to be a rotation of NY/NJ, Los Angeles, Florida (Orlando/Miami/Tampa/maybe Jacksonville if they make a big bid), Texas (Dallas/Houston), Las Vegas, New Orleans over six years and maybe an occasional one off city such as Atlanta and Nashville every now and again.

The only UK city suitable to host a WM if realistic is London, with maybe Cardiff and Manchester at a big push. Glasgow and Dublin are alright for UK RAW and SD tapings but not WM.

I don't know with Drew being WWE champion and fellow U.K. ( especially Scotland and Ireland) wrestlers getting big pushes in the future and present ( Lee Ray, Niven, Cross, Sheamus, Balor, Becky, Devlin) I could easily see a Wrestlemania in Scotland or Ireland.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts