Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His character is just coming out of prison...again

It's like there's no other way to explain his massive biceps.

I'm not going to say the film looks good, it looks better than other WWE films though.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Marine 1 - Cena's wife kidnapped
Marine 2 - DiBiase's wife kidnapped
12 Rounds - Cena's GF kidnapped

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,207 Posts
I thought the funny thing you were going to say was the the trailer for it that is shown on RAW, Smackdown, Superstars, the WWE website is seemingly 10 minutes long, or at least it feels like it. In those 10 minutes they give "The Game" away (See what I did there? 8*D)

It could have been a simple 90 second thing. Trips gets out of the pen to go on the up and up, but something draws him back into the criminal world and he has to rescue his friend who helped raise Trips' family when Trips was in jail.

No need to talk about being a courier, flashing money, showing the accidental killing. Part of the fun in film noir is watching all the things that go wrong. It is the dark comedy version of all those horrible comedy trailers that are 5 minutes long and show all the high spots and big bits and gags and catch phrases of the movie.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought the funny thing you were going to say was the the trailer for it that is shown on RAW, Smackdown, Superstars, the WWE website is seemingly 10 minutes long, or at least it feels like it. In those 10 minutes they give "The Game" away (See what I did there? 8*D)

It could have been a simple 90 second thing. Trips gets out of the pen to go on the up and up, but something draws him back into the criminal world and he has to rescue his friend who helped raise Trips' family when Trips was in jail.

No need to talk about being a courier, flashing money, showing the accidental killing. Part of the fun in film noir is watching all the things that go wrong. It is the dark comedy version of all those horrible comedy trailers that are 5 minutes long and show all the high spots and big bits and gags and catch phrases of the movie.
The few people who will watch the film probably don't care about the trailer.

The really long trailer is a just a terrible attempt to strike a chord with people who're on the fence about buying a ticket.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Shockingly, he's playing an Ex-Con with a daughter who just got outta jail and is trying to make a better life... but the old life keeps lurking and he has to finish old business.

Gee, where do they come up with this stuff???

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
And this was also the plot of Steve Austins direct-to-dvd movie Damage. He gets out of prison and then has to fight for cash to make things right lol.

·
Banned
611 Posts
Doesn't look half bad actually. I will probably get this from Redbox at some point.

Kind of off topic, but I though Legendary was actually pretty decent.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
this film is not funny... IT'S BAD, VERY BAD.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
I think we can all come to the conclusion that wrestlers make for good cons and/or men with kidnapped wives in movies lol.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I don't see why WWE thinks that they can make a movie when their own wrestling shows don't have good stories(if any).

Wouldn't it be easier if they just got one of their stars into a big name movie instead? For movies looking for actors, they might lean towards putting someone from WWE in a movie,especially since they'll save lots of money cause WWE will be advertising the movie for them to dozens of millions of people around the world.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I thought the funny thing you were going to say was that the movie was good. That'd be hilarious if it was actually good.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts