Wrestling Forum banner

Funny how when Sheamus..........

3990 Views 46 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  steelsteps
was squashing Evan Bourne and Mark Henry it was fine by some people on here. But when Sheamus loses to the same people he squashed some posters lose their minds.

Oh the irony:lmao

Shameus was pushed to fast. He did nothing to be wwe champion. And with the title never pinned anyone clean. I know some will say "he's heel, he isn't suppose to win clean" But heels have pinned faces clean before. Why does a ENTIRE title reign have a wresler cheating to win every time. And the exact same thing in the second reign, that's boring.

He deserves to be in the mid-card where he should have been before he won the title in the first place!
Reactions: Samee
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Premium Member
7,019 Posts
was squashing Evan Bourne and Mark Henry it was fine by some people on here. But when Sheamus loses to the same people he squashed some posters lose their minds.

Oh the irony:lmao

Shameus was pushed to fast. He did nothing to be wwe champion. And with the title never pinned anyone clean. I know some will say "he's heel, he isn't suppose to win clean" But heels have pinned faces clean before. Why does a ENTIRE title reign have a wresler cheating to win every time. And the exact same thing in the second reign, that's boring.

He deserves to be in the mid-card where he should have been before he won the title in the first place!
This although losing to evan bourne isnt as bad as losing to Mark Henry considering Bourne has beaten jericho once or twice but yeah sheamus is on his way to jobberville and i have a feeling the same thing will happen to ADR too

· Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,065 Posts
When Sheamus was beating Henry and Bourne, it was part of a sustained push - deserved or undeserved. (I think he grew into it.) His losing to Bourne and Henry isn't accomplishing anything other than tearing down one of the more entertaining main eventers to WWE's credit right now. Henry doesn't need clean wins over ANYONE in an upper-midcard position, never mind main event. The Bourne win is a little better - fine, Sheamus was already dead, and it was Bourne's big return, but it was an "Ehhh" booking decision on a Raw full of really really shitty booking decisions, and it's dragged down by that.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
This although losing to evan bourne isnt as bad as losing to Mark Henry considering Bourne has beaten jericho once or twice but yeah sheamus is on his way to jobberville and i have a feeling the same thing will happen to ADR too
Why? ADR isn't on a show that's crowded with main eventers, he wasn't a mistake push that they just randomly threw the belt onto, he was built up, and on top of it, he's main eventing WrestleMania. I know WWE has stalled on some pushes but there's no reason to think ADR is not going to remain a main eventer, especially on SmackDown. WWE have been much more protective of him than Sheamus, as they should be.

Anyway, I'm certainly not complaining. Bourne and Henry can squash him another 1000 times as far as I'm concerned. He's a terrible talent.

· Premium Member
7,019 Posts
Why? ADR isn't on a show that's crowded with main eventers, he wasn't a mistake push that they just randomly threw the belt onto, he was built up, and on top of it, he's main eventing WrestleMania. I know WWE has stalled on some pushes but there's no reason to think ADR is not going to remain a main eventer, especially on SmackDown. WWE have been much more protective of him than Sheamus, as they should be.

Anyway, I'm certainly not complaining. Bourne and Henry can squash him another 1000 times as far as I'm concerned. He's a terrible talent.
well im gonna have to disagree with you there because he's becoming incredibly stale in my opinion the only thing that changes about him is his cars...his promos are the same his matches consist of about 2 moves...but to each his own

· Registered
806 Posts
I was never particularly taken with Sheamus before the Morrison feud, but Evan Bourne's about 4'4" and Henry's spent the last 13-odd years on the bottom-mid-card.

· Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When Sheamus was beating Henry and Bourne, it was part of a sustained push - deserved or undeserved. (I think he grew into it.) His losing to Bourne and Henry isn't accomplishing anything other than tearing down one of the more entertaining main eventers to WWE's credit right now. Henry doesn't need clean wins over ANYONE in an upper-midcard position, never mind main event. The Bourne win is a little better - fine, Sheamus was already dead, and it was Bourne's big return, but it was an "Ehhh" booking decision on a Raw full of really really shitty booking decisions, and it's dragged down by that.
I don't understand, he was squashing them. He squashed them after he won that number one conternder's battle royal. And after that fluke win, he would come out to complete silence. So the push didn't work.

7,065 Posts
I don't understand, he was squashing them. He squashed them after he won that number one conternder's battle royal. And after that fluke win, he would come out to complete silence. So the push didn't work.
I won't debate that the rush-push didn't pan out immediately. But like I said, he grew into it. Those squashes after the battle royal gave him some impressive wins he could boast about while he established himself in the main event, which he did, and he went on to get some impressive heat. Henry isn't getting into the main event any time soon, and Bourne isn't likely to either. They're not building a new main eventer, they're just derailing Sheamus' momentum.

I don't really have very strong feelings about it, because I think the matches Sheamus will have in the midcard will outshine what he was doing in the main event - his matches with Morrison are his best work yet. But it's really staggeringly stupid to have a two-time WWE champ, King of the Ring winner, Breakout Star Slammy winner job to Henry in a short nothing match on Raw.

· FEED ME LESS!
3,857 Posts
ADR was pushed way to hard when hes just a mexican JBL with worse mic skills... He isn't creative or even that fun to watch, although he does have good in ring skills. Sheamus has great in ring skills and better mic skills and it just a good force.

Although I thought both of them were pushed too early.

· Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I won't debate that the rush-push didn't pan out immediately. But like I said, he grew into it. Those squashes after the battle royal gave him some impressive wins he could boast about while he established himself in the main event, which he did, and he went on to get some impressive heat. Henry isn't getting into the main event any time soon, and Bourne isn't likely to either. They're not building a new main eventer, they're just derailing Sheamus' momentum.

I don't really have very strong feelings about it, because I think the matches Sheamus will have in the midcard will outshine what he was doing in the main event - his matches with Morrison are his best work yet. But it's really staggeringly stupid to have a two-time WWE champ, King of the Ring winner, Breakout Star Slammy winner job to Henry in a short nothing match on Raw.
Squash matches are impressive wins?

When you said his mid-card matches will outshine his main event matches. That's where he should have start to begin with.

7,065 Posts
Squash matches are impressive wins?

When you said his mid-card matches will outshine his main event matches. That's where he should have start to begin with.
Yes. That's the point of squashes. Wrestling used to be based on that.

And yes, I know he should have started there. I'm not a fan of the rush-push technique, I just think it's the work of a defective lunatic to throw away the actually-quite-impressive results of the rush-push. He's still a two time former champion, no matter how much Kevin Dunn regrets it.

· Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes. That's the point of squashes. Wrestling used to be based on that.

And yes, I know he should have started there. I'm not a fan of the rush-push technique, I just think it's the work of a defective lunatic to throw away the actually-quite-impressive results of the rush-push. He's still a two time former champion, no matter how much Kevin Dunn regrets it.
In a unrelated topic I'd bet it would blow most of these posters minds that we are having a CIVILIZED conversation without name calling. Thank's I appericate not being called a troll or something just because we have different views.

Back on topic I due get the squash match concept, but cann't they build someone up whislt not pulling someone else dowm at the same time though? Like have a back in forth match. Not two minuets of a guy dominating the match.

· Registered
10,918 Posts
Unfortunately for Sheamus he's suffering from the Brock Lesnar syndrome. He achieves everything possible in 6 months and there was no emotion put into his title reign and within 4 months since his title reign was undeserved he wasn't able to click with the fans and his run as the unstoppable big man just ran it's course.

· Registered
348 Posts
ADR was pushed way to hard when hes just a mexican JBL with worse mic skills... He isn't creative or even that fun to watch, although he does have good in ring skills. Sheamus has great in ring skills and better mic skills and it just a good force.
Although I thought both of them were pushed too early.
No..just no

· Registered
3,408 Posts
Jesus some people are biased on here, ADR owns Sheamus in pretty much every aspect of wrestling - mic skills, charisma, in-ring ability, look (don't tell me Sheamus has a good look, he should be in a fucking circus)

· Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unfortunately for Sheamus he's suffering from the Brock Lesnar syndrome. He achieves everything possible in 6 months and there was no emotion put into his title reign and within 4 months since his title reign was undeserved he wasn't able to click with the fans and his run as the unstoppable big man just ran it's course.
Brock beat Hogan, and the Rock. Lame-us beat goldust. See the differece.

· Registered
2,508 Posts

ADR has been built up, what maybe 2 more months than Sheamus was?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.